2015 Air Jordan VII Retro+ Barcelona Nights

I've been hit with a few fees before but first time with USPS... You may be billed via mail.  I have on a previous pair from months ago..
I'll ignore that like a New Jersey parking ticket. The code he used to assess me a 12.5% fee is the code for generic "other" footwear, but there are almost 1000 different types of footwear in the USITC harmonized tariff schedule, a lot of which are free or cheaper than 12.5%. He could have categorized them:

Footwear with outer soles of rubber, plastics, leather or composition leather and uppers of leather: 6403.12.60    Other

And called it free.

Or 

Footwear with outer soles of rubber or plastics - Sports footwear; tennis shoes, basketball shoes, gym shoes, training shoes and the like:
6404.11.20     Having uppers of which over 50 percent of the external surface area is leather

And called it 10.5%

Real arbitrary. You can usually find a way to get out/get it cheaper with a simple letter. They'll provide instructions on how to appeal when/if they send a bill later.

Also, go here: http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc7_003.htm#ep28899

It's up to the USPS employee to collect the $$$. If it's a small post office, they treat it like COD (dude has to come up with the money). For larger post offices, there are a bunch of hoops to jump through for record keeping and revenue collection. If you know anything about the USPS, you know it isn't the best run organization. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't get around to the ledger reconciliation on international collections half the time. Besides, dude didn't get my signature, so that's that.

Last edited:
I'll ignore that like a New Jersey parking ticket. The code he used to assess me a 12.5% fee is the code for generic "other" footwear, but there are almost 1000 different types of footwear in the USITC harmonized tariff schedule, a lot of which are free or cheaper than 12.5%. He could have categorized them:

Footwear with outer soles of rubber, plastics, leather or composition leather and uppers of leather: 6403.12.60    Other
And called it free.

Or 

Footwear with outer soles of rubber or plastics - Sports footwear; tennis shoes, basketball shoes, gym shoes, training shoes and the like:

6404.11.20     Having uppers of which over 50 percent of the external surface area is leather
And called it 10.5%

Real arbitrary. You can usually find a way to get out/get it cheaper with a simple letter. They'll provide instructions on how to appeal when/if they send a bill later.
good info. If I get a bill I'll appeal like this.

There's a 11.5 up on SH for $239

detail-big-image

http://www.sneakerhead.com/air-jordan-vii-retro-30th-705350007.html

My bouncewear pair just left customs and is waiting for me at the post office, will pick em up tomorrow

Excuse my ignorance but is their a jumpman on every 7's lace tips or just these? I just noticed them on my pair of these.

I know I'm mad late but I wanted to contribute my photo and tid bits to the thread. 

The Air Jordan 5 was the first Jordan that I ever got back in 1990.  I was in 5th grade and I just absolutely loved the shoe.  My mom would only buy me one pair of Jordan's every year, and honestly I felt lucky just to have that, because some of my friends had shoes that were busted lol. 

After the Jordan 5, I was lucky enough to be able to get the Maroon 6 in 1991, and then the Black and Red 7's(now known as the Raptors) in 1992.  Since then the Air Jordan 7 remains my favorite model to date, not only because of the looks, but because of the sentimental value that it holds for me when related to my childhood.  Owning those 7's was when I first started to become a man.

I remember being with a friend sneaking off to smoke cigarettes(although I highly recommend NOT smoking), in a patch of trees, and in the process I got mud on my shoes.  So I ditched my friend and rode my bike home as fast as I could to clean them. Ah the memories!!!!

Anyways... lol Here are my Marvin 7's, along with a tshirt that I was lucky enough to find for 12bucks.  I had actually forgot that I even owned this shirt, and that it would be such a good match when I got these.  

ps Not really a fan of the Tigers, but I'm from Detroit. 

@disciple313 Great story, Rep'd. My first Jordan was the metallic Vs. I believe were all here for nostalgia.
Haha, thanks man.  And yeah... collecting and WEARING shoes has always been a great pastime.  Even just taking care of them, and maintaining them can be therapeutic.  Like owning a classic Mustang or something, and just waking up early on Sunday morning to go out and wax her. lol

A retro sneaker can be similar to the scent of a familiar fragrance, or the tune of an old song, it's memories.  

Last edited:
Haha, thanks man.  And yeah... collecting and WEARING shoes has always been a great pastime.  Even just taking care of them, and maintaining them can be therapeutic.  Like owning a classic Mustang or something, and just waking up early on Sunday morning to go out and wax her. lol

A retro sneaker can be similar to the scent of a familiar fragrance, or the tune of an old song, it's memories.  

I completely agree with taking care of your shoes can be therapeutic. It's probably close to a gun owner cleaning his/her gun.

Nice on feet pics from everybody. I'll be contributing to the thread with some on-feet action in a bit.

Got cart jacked on FNL by the time I finally got through. I still don't know why I even bother with them, I was just telling someone yesterday how they have to be the worst shoe store out of any of them. If I didn't have a WC reward to use, I would never step foot in there again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom