• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Oregon wins the Pac-12, Mariota is hoisting the Heisman.

Dudes here saying Amari or Ameer are their teams' offenses (which they are), but how do downplay Mariota's talent and production?

Mariota vs. Barrett's Stats

Yards - Mariota
Completion % - Mariota
Yards per completion - Mariota
Touchdowns - Equal
Interceptions - Mariota (7 fewer)
Passer Rating - Mariota
QBR - Mariota
Rusing Yards - Barrett
Rushing TDs - Barrett (1 more than Mariota)

Marcus has better stats all in a better conference (and a mash-unit OL). Obviously stats don't tell the whole story, but they certainly contribute.

Plus he's got that sick TD reception :pimp: :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Oregon wins the Pac-12, Mariota is hoisting the Heisman.

Dudes here saying Amari or Ameer are their teams' offenses (which they are), but how do downplay Mariota's talent and production?

Mariota vs. Barrett's Stats

Yards - Mariota
Completion % - Mariota
Yards per completion - Mariota
Touchdowns - Equal
Interceptions - Mariota (7 fewer)
Passer Rating - Mariota
QBR - Mariota

All in a better conference.
Look, let's be honest, Mariota is going to win the Heisman if Oregon wins out. I'm just prodding @AK Nako because I want Barrett to receive the credit he deserves. He's filled-in for Braxton admirably, while resuscitating Ohio State's title hopes after the Virginia Tech disaster.

Barrett has accounted for the most TD's of all FBS players the past 10 seasons. Within their first ten career games. The number is 38, five more than Manziel who won the Heisman in 2012, and seven more than Jameis who won in 2013. Six more than Mariota who accumulated 32 TD's in his first ten games at Oregon.

J.T. is going to shatter Troy Smith's Ohio State passing TD record, 30 in a season. He's one off and Smith won the Heisman that year, '06. He's chasing Brees' B10 record, 39 passing TD in a season. Could do it with the 4 remaining games O$U may play. Barrett will also surpass Braxton's '12 record of 3,310 yards of total offense. All impressive feats for someone who flew relatively under the radar prior to Miller's season-ending shoulder injury.

Barrett's pass efficiency rating sits at 171.6. Currently best in Ohio State history, and third highest in the conference.

189 rushing yards in a single game vs. Minny. Most by an O$U QB, EVER.

@Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I was supposed to be in SF/Oak this weekend but plans fell through. I was gonna suggest a mini NT summit for

la_a_usc_ucla1x_600x400.jpg

That would have been cool. I'm going to check on DeadsetAce DeadsetAce availability for this Saturday to meet up finally.

By that logic a qb should always win

No

Take away Blake Sims from Bama they still will be Bama

Take away Braxton Miller from Ohio State they still getting the Ws with the back up

If you have solid team your 2nd string should be able to step right in and do just enough to get the W no matter the score or how it looks if you watch the NFL the Cardinals are a perfect example

Im an Oregon fan and can admit with out super Mario I dont think we would be where we are at now

@BrentZwerneman: Well, at least they hit a nice, round number: Texas A&M ranks 100th in total defense through 11 games, allowing 445 yards per game.

#Progress

@nickbaumgardner  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Michigan dismisses Frank Clark from football team following domestic violence arrest @MLive http://bit.ly/1uyMjZk 
 A source has told WBIR 10News that Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson and defensive back Michael Williams are two suspects named in a rape and sexual assault case.
http://www.wbir.com/story/news/loca...-accused-of-rape-and-sexual-assualt/19166681/
 Texas Tech interim defensive coordinator Mike Smith on Monday upped the rhetoric and hard feelings toward former defensive coordinator Matt Wallerstedt, saying the Red Raiders’ defensive signals have been given away to Tech opponents since some point after Wallerstedt left the staff on Sept. 18.
http://redraiders.com/filed-online/...efensive-coordinator-wallerstedt#.VGpWL_nF9Fz

Take Marcus away how many wins you think Oregon will have

Take Amari away Bama would have still put up Ws
Saban's National Championship hopes are killed in Death Valley without Cooper.
I think the "take away player x" argument is silly because to me the Heisman is about who is the best player that year.

But

If we're gonna play that game, @PleaseSayTheBaby23 does Bama even beat Florida or Tennessee without Amari? Let alone LSU or Miss St.

Last edited:
Look, let's be honest, Mariota is going to win the Heisman if Oregon wins out. I'm just prodding @AK Nako because I want Barrett to receive the credit he deserves. He's filled-in for Braxton admirably, while resuscitating Ohio State's title hopes after the Virginia Tech disaster.

Barrett has accounted for the most TD's of all FBS players the past 10 seasons. Within their first ten career games. The number is 38, five more than Manziel who won the Heisman in 2012, and seven more than Jameis who won in 2013. Six more than Mariota who accumulated 32 TD's in his first ten games at Oregon.

J.T. is going to shatter Troy Smith's Ohio State passing TD record, 30 in a season. He's one off and Smith won the Heisman that year, '06. He's chasing Brees' B10 record, 39 passing TD in a season. Could do it with the 4 remaining games O$U may play. Barrett will also surpass Braxton's '12 record of 3,310 yards of total offense. All impressive feats for someone who flew relatively under the radar prior to Miller's season-ending shoulder injury.

Barrett's pass efficiency rating sits at 171.6. Currently best in Ohio State history, and third highest in the conference.

189 rushing yards in a single game vs. Minny. Most by an O$U QB, EVER.

I can agree with all of your points about Barrett. Like Mariota had when he was a freshman, Barrett is destined to put up great numbers and really be a leader for Ohio State. As far as future potential winners, I would put my money on Barrett more than anybody.

I think the "take away player x" argument is silly because to me the Heisman is about who is the best player that year.

But

If we're gonna play that game, @PleaseSayTheBaby23
does Bama even beat Florida or Tennessee without Amari? Let alone LSU or Miss St.

Maybe not but they would have won the Miss St and Arkansas without him

That would have been cool. I'm going to check on DeadsetAce DeadsetAce availability for this Saturday to meet up finally.

man this has definitely been my bad...been dropping the ball :lol:

i'm back in MA for the next two weeks...but Pac 12 champ i'll be back in town. could definitely make it up to Palo Alto i think (old pro)

Urban hires Muschamp as D coordinator
Tressel takes UF job and brings Fickell as DC

They meet in the national title game where UF is lead by Braxton Miller

:pimp:

:lol:

man this has definitely been my bad...been dropping the ball :lol:

i'm back in MA for the next two weeks...but Pac 12 champ i'll be back in town. could definitely make it up to Palo Alto i think (old pro)

Hell, depending on ticket prices we might as well just go to the game itself.

I'm sorry, but what must Trey Williams do to get more carries?

8.8, 6.4, 13.3, 9.4, 7.7, 6.0 are his yards per carry in 6 of his 11 games this season.

Games that exceed 6 yards per carry
Williams - 6.
Tra Carson - 2.

Even with all that being true, he's only been given double-digit carries in two games for Texas A&M.
Working hard in practice and keeping his mouth shut on Twitter might be a good start. He's been in and out of the doghouse for a good year and a half now.

I have grown to not be a fan of anything HEISMAN related.
Heisman House commercials...one of the few Heisman-related things I relish anymore.

Last edited:
'04 USC vs. UCLA is on ESPN classic. The Reggie Bush show.

Watching this channel is torture though. Grainy *** footage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom