• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dan Patrick asked rich eisen if he felt big ten pride when tOSU won. He said he couldn't stomach to root for them. Lol.

Guess conference pride is only an SEC thing.

I asked this during the game but it got drowned out by the flood of posts but does anyone know if the rest of Nike's snap backs fit like this one?

celebration.jpg

http://www.fanatics.com/partnerid/14104/browse/featuredproduct/2005412/source/SBNFeedrss

I want a new USC hat, but can't find any good ones.

Last edited:
If what McShay tweeted about Cardale Jones is correct -- then there is reason for Cardale Jones to return. Unless you believe:

- he will genuinely lose stock from a late-round pick/can't gain more from that stock by returning
- he won't start over another QB in 2015
if he's the starter, then sure go back..

but going be pretty hard to top the 3 game run he just had.. logan Thomas and ej manuel illustrate how desperate teams are for QBs and are willing to over look things for guys who are big and have a canon for an arm (jamarcus Russell could also fit here)

Dan Patrick asked rich eisen if he felt big ten pride when tOSU won. He said he couldn't stomach to root for them. Lol.

The only time I'll "root" for another Big Ten is when it'll benefit my team. Other than that I have no conference pride. I enjoy seeing Big Ten teams beat SEC teams but that's more because I hate the SEC.

Yup only time I want any big ten teams to win is if they're ranked/undefeated before we play em. Bowl time I couldn't care less

George Farmer declared for the draft. WUT
Suddenly explains why the coaches felt the need to take 4-5 WRs this class.

I think with the injury problems he's had he doesnt want to risk going down again.

He's graduating I believe and he has the physical tools to kill the combine and be a 2nd-3rd round pick, but he doesn't have the on field tape aside from this year. I don't know how the nfl will take that.

I say go get your money if you think it's there.

It's ******* weird in the Minnesota media man. You got writers raising the B1G title belt like they're in the WWE or something where their job requirements are not covering the happenings for one particular school or across the league, more like they've take on the "small man's mentality" themslves which is sort of embarrassing and strange. Like, "hey, here's me rerouting this comment to my set of followers so we can bask in this for the time it lasts"

Because when it comes down to it, most know this great year has two roads for Big Ten football -- and in five years we'll either be referring to the 2014 season as an outlier OR this:

The solid counterpoint for a person who would take the position that the 2014 CFB season was a turning point for the Big Ten: the trickle-down effect of Urban Meyer taking the OSU job after one year at Florida, essentially making it trendy for a big name coach -- like, BIG name to coach in the Big Ten.

The effect of that by itself has several branches for B1G football.

1.) The obvious effect we can see in recent, national news: Harbaugh leaving the NFL after several conference championship berths and one Super Bowl berth to come to the Big Ten. This is not Nick Saban who wore a straw hat and couldn't lead the Dolphins to a .500 record in the mid 2000s and went back to the behemoth CFB conference, the SEC... this is a dude who had tremendous, tremendous success at the highest level and after one off-year (where they went 8-8, which by the way is better than the best Saban NFL year) and went to a college football conference many deemed the little brother in college football. Crazy. And it's impact will be felt considerably moving forward.

2.) Mark Dantonio's of the world will likely stick around rather than jump to other jobs because if you've made your name here, why suddenly jump to another league when guys like Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh are just now coming in or came in shortly ago and had success. Yes, I know Dantonio's 2013 team defeated Meyer's (mother ******, I predicted that ****) but it was certainly an upset by Vegas' estimation and OSU swung the pendulum back to normalcy as the Big Ten's best team -- but even beyond that obviously by defeating Alabama and Oregon to win the national championship. A year after a different team - MSU, defeated them and went on to the Rose Bowl to defeat another Pac-12 elite, Stanford.

3.) The fact that Ohio State did what they just did considering Urban Meyer had to go into several kids houses and say, "hey, come play here, well yeah we have that bowl ban but wouldn't you be satisfied with the season just ending in-conference for a significant chunk of your collegiate career?!" How the hell he pulled that off, considering we saw several freshmen Buckeyes contributing in big spurts in the national championship two days ago, will always be a huge, huge achievement to me. You walk into houses on your recruiting circuit with little postseason clout to tout for the first several years, and the second* season when the bowl ban is lifted you've won the national championship with a third-string QB.

You really would have to work hard to make that up.

So really think about all three of those bullets and make your decision: complete outlier or coach effect will power a conference to new heights for the long-term?

Last edited:
please dear lord baby jesus let mariota somehow land on the eagles..

all Oregon fans would be welcome to pull for the Philadelphia eagles/ducks/texans

Back
Top Bottom