2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I agree with the above sentiments. Arguably my 2 favorite things about Russell and Towns, in addition to them both being excellent prospects and excellent fits on this team, is the undeniable fire that both players play with on the court.

Russell has the coolness and swagger and leadership that I want my PG to have. The kind of attitude that will have him be a leader from the minute he steps on to the court in the NBA. KAT plays with the kind of intensity and fire that I want my big men to have, the kind of fire that will serve him well in the NBA.

Russel has a slight edge IMO but that is also because I think having a franchise PG is so important nowadays and D-Lo is the perfect kind of franchise PG I see for this team. KAT is a stud but I wouldnt describe him as the "perfect" center prospect for us. The "perfect" center for us would be Towns with Okafor's post game but you cant go wrong with either of them IMO. Like ive said, it will be hard to **** up the draft thankfully, it will be all about what we do after the draft that will determine the success of this offseason despite whoever we draft being the most important single player we will aquire this summer no matter what.

Sidenote: Can we please change the poll question?

Not because it doesnt interest me, but because every time I open up this thread I feel like im with a bunch of homos who prefer Mariah Carey and Katie ******* Perry to prime Britney Spears

Idk maybe its time to ask who people think the Knicks should draft with the 1st pick if we had it to see what the group consensus is... Just a thought

[quote name="youngin33"]We haven't played basketball in over a year.[/quote] Seeing that in the preview of "2015 NY Knicks offseason thread" definitely made me laugh. :lol:

I know the feels, brehs. :\

P.S. For looks (read: boobs), I go current Katy. But my vote was 80s Madonna, because she would have done ANYTHING you wanted. I don't imagine Brittney or Katy or Mariah getting to freaky, tbh. But Madonna, in the 80s? Ask it, she'd have done it.

Last edited:
I'm so sad. I really haven't watched a full bball game all season.

Knicks were the only team I'd watch beginning to the end. And we sucked so bad. Only comforting thing in my case is that I'm working so late that I couldn't watch the games anyway.

So I know if I was off work early enough, I probably would have dug my eyes out already

Question for yall...

Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Joel Embiid, Karl-Anthony Towns, Jahil Okafor, D'Angelo Russell, Emmanuel Mudiay, and Justie Winslow all enter the same draft class. Putting aside age and injury risk, just assume that they are all the same exact age (the age they were at the time of their NBA Draft), and that that all are 100% healthy, how would you rank those 8 prospects in terms of who you would want the Knicks to draft the most to least?

If I had to rank those prospects in order, I would have to go:

1. Wiggins

2. Russell

3. Towns

4. Embiid

5. Okafor

6. Mudiay

7. Parker

8. Winslow

Ive asked a couple of my boys but I annoy all them about how much I talk about the Knicks/the Draft so I am curious how yall would rank those guys? Just some Friday afternoon/dog days waiting for the draft lottery thinking. Lets hear it.

GR8 you are overvaluing russell a little much... hes a good player but not great... knicks should only draft him if they get the 3rd pick and you can make the argument mudiay is up there also

as much as i want KAT. i think were gonna end up drafting a PG and signing a big. i just have that feeling. tbh, thats a better scenario for us, since the PG crop this year is really weak.
agree with you, i think russell has the potential to be the best player out of the players getting drafted 1-5 in a few years

Russell's swagger can definitely be appreciated by NY fans. The dude even said he wears number 0 because that's the amount of people that can guard him :lol:

1. Embiid
2. KAT
3. Russell
4. Okafor
5. Wiggins
6. Muddy
7. Winslow
8. Parker

I hate to say it, but I think Parker is gonna be a bust. He's more Mike Beasely then Melo 2.0

Back
Top Bottom