2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Since you guys hate on bankers so much, I'd figure some of you would get a kick out of this. Poor got his offer pulled from a very prestigious PE firm too.

http://gawker.com/source-barclays-banker-loses-two-jobs-after-leak-of-in-1709527410
In fairness, that dude could not have come across as more of a douche.

Especially as a ******* 2nd year employee. He tried to be a ******* hot shot and he got what was coming for him. And I work on WS. Not a banker though :lol:

Treating people like ish just because ain't never been the wave to me

I know some guys over at Barclays, specifically the Power & Utilities group of which he worked for. That email is something that has been recycled for many many years. Usually the superstar, or most popular junior banker in the group (being the face of the group in regards to title) is in charge of the interns and recruiting other interns into the group, is the one who sends out the email and sometimes even reports to other associates who the best Summer Analysts are. A lot of ex-Lehman guys run that desk over at Barclays, so the culture is very ingrained. The purpose of the email is to build comradery and enjoy a bit of humor. Some stiff Summer Analyst took it too seriously, not understanding the culture and reported it to HR.

The intent of the email wasn't to pressurize anyone or make them feel below anyone else. It was basically to convey the prestige of being in that specific group and what the complexion is like around the office.

Needless to say, that SA class is in a world of pain. Interns RELY heavily on junior bankers to get full-time offers and provide support throughout projects and tasks. No one is going to look out for you if they see you as a snitch. Rules of the streets are easily applicable in professional settings, sometimes :lol:

Last edited:
I know some guys over at Barclays, specifically the Power & Utilities group of which he worked for. That email is something that has been recycled for many many years. Usually the superstar, or most popular junior banker in the group (being the face of the group in regards to title) is in charge of the interns and recruiting other interns into the group, is the one who sends out the email and sometimes even reports to other associates who the best Summer Analysts are. A lot of ex-Lehman guys run that desk over at Barclays, so the culture is very ingrained. The purpose of the email is to build comradery and enjoy a bit of humor. Some stiff Summer Analyst took it too seriously, not understanding the culture and reported it to HR.

The intent of the email wasn't to pressurize anyone or make them feel below anyone else. It was basically to convey the prestige of being in that specific group and what the complexion is like around the office.

Needless to say, that SA class is in a world of pain. Interns RELY heavily on junior bankers to get full-time offers and provide support throughout projects and tasks. No one is going to look out for you if they see you as a snitch. Rules of the streets are easily applicable in professional settings, sometimes
laugh.gif
Thanks for putting the email into a little more context, as I was unaware of any of that. I read the email a couple of weeks back, and I figured this was just a classic case of some cocky little **** acting like a fake tough guy/try hard and putting this email together, and was now being ****** as a result of his actions. As I definitely think the email came across as beyond douchey.

But I agree with all of this. **** snitching. Nobody likes a tattle tale. I dealt with this when my frat faced a multitude of hazing allegations in college (Nothing too serious, but enough to shut down the program each time. Ironically, always coming from a kid who never really got it that bad) and the same rules apply in the corporate world to an even further extent. Bottom line is that inside business is inside business always. In anything really.

Last edited:
I was in no way comparing Melo to Lebron, the point was that not even the best player on the planet can win with clowns like JR and Shumpert as a 2/3 option. Dude damn near has to average a triple-double, and even though they are still losing.

I have no problem comparing Melo to LeBron. This _ ain't incomparable like some of yall think he is.

This.

I know that if Melo plays Bron in a series with comparable talent levels on each team, he is coming out with the W. If Phil does his job then watch and see what happens...

This.

I know that if Melo plays Bron in a series with comparable talent levels on each team, he is coming out with the W. If Phil does his job then watch and see what happens...

I may be in the minority, but if the Knicks beat the Pacers a couple years back, they wouldve beat the Heat. That team was built to beat them that season. Also, one 50 point game from Melo and blew them out 3/4 times.

I may be in the minority, but if the Knicks beat the Pacers a couple years back, they wouldve beat the Heat. That team was built to beat them that season. Also, one 50 point game from Melo and blew them out 3/4 times.

Too bad his second option was coke head JR and 3rd was no heart no game Shump

Too bad his second option was coke head JR and 3rd was no heart no game Shump
Shump and fat boy actually crushed that Pacers series though. It was Melo's shoulder injury, Tyson's general injuries, Kidd being 95 years old, and JR being the ******* mental ****** that he is that really set us back.

Agreed that that team was built to beat Miami. I wanted that ******* series so ******* badly 
mean.gif

i know its redundant, but i really hate the melo slander. people forget that he was the 3rd pick in the draft and he took denver to the playoffs in the west every single year. they went from tied for last (with cleveland) to the 8th seed in the west. denver went 43-39 that season and cleveland went 35-47.

Back
Top Bottom