2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

There's something special about Zinger just like there was something special about every player that I listed. Foreign players are used to a different game. It can work out but the chances are very slim. We're basically drafting a foreign high school kid. That doesn't sound like a good move at all and that's why I think Phil is blowing smoke, trying to get 1-3 to pick him.
A "high school foreign kid" who competed at a high level vs a far greater level of competition than anyone else in the draft... Never though of it like that
laugh.gif

Teams in Spain's League A would spank Kentucky and Duke.

I also think that talk about Zinger not being "NBA ready" are completely overblown. The argument that people use is that he is too frail to compete in the NBA right now, but I think that entire argument is overblown.

Zinger's weight scares me less than any other weakness about any other prospect in the NBA Draft this year. It's nitpicking for the sake of doing so. The NBA has become a finesse league. Nobody bangs down low any more. The responsibility of the big man is far less about banging down low with 300 pound centers than it is about protecting the rim from slashing 6 foot guards. Zinger is already an established shot blocker and he is an athletic 7+ footer with a 7'6 wingspan. I think he can develop into a rim protecting center, in addition to his ridiculous offensive all around potential.

I am more concerned about Zinger being a rim protector than I am about him adding some pounds. Because I think that is where his true potential lies. For me, this is my greatest concern about Zinger. But like I said, dude averaged a block a game getting 20 minutes a night off the bench in spain and is an athletic 7'2 big man with a 7'6 wing span. I think he can develop into a rim protector.

I have far more confidence in Zinger being an NBA center than Okafor because of this. Sure the dude can definitely hit the weight room some, I wont argue that, but to put it this way, if you gave me the option of Zinger weighing 260 but not being a rim protector or weighing 230 and developing into a guy who can get you 2 blocks a night. I choose the latter any day. If Zinger can average 2 blocks per game, then game over. Sure some added muscle would be a bonus, but keeping his athleticism and developing into a legit shot blocker is more important for him to succeed IMO.

Besides his weight, I think everything else about his game is NBA ready. Scouts have said this about him nonstop. He put up better #s than most of these Kentucky kids did in similar minutes against better competition. And like them, he has only improved since. I think Zinger could be one of the most productive rookies in the league if he is given minutes.

Also I think a major problem with foreign busts is that they often dont grow up with dreams of playing in the NBA. They fail to assimilate to the culture and become alienated from their teams because of such and use Europe as a fall back.

I dont see Zinger doing this, I just dont. He has made it clear that being an NBA star is his dream from day 1. He has a fun personality, is all about that hip-hop lifestyle and basically tries to act black, and speaks great English because of the NBA dreams he has had growing up. He wants nothing more than to change the European bust stereotype that is following him into the NBA.

I cant see him alienating teammates or using a European career as a fall back, like many of these other guys do. He wants it. I honestly think he is the full package. If I am wrong then so be it, but I believe in the Zing and I am almost NEVER one to get caught up in European draft hype. I usually hate Euros as much as yall do
laugh.gif
, but the more I look into this kid the more I like him.

Last edited:
I have been in the NBA Draft game just as long as the old heads on here... my final prediction for today:

@IanBegley: #Knicks president Phil Jackson tells MSG that the organization has narrowed it down to 3 names for the No. 4 pick.

3 names: Towns, Russell, Okafor

If they donʻt drop to 4, Phil will move the pick to teams that are thirsting for Muddiay or Porzeezus, gain another valuable player, and adjust our next pick accordingly. Should we trade...

Our next 3 targets (if staying in the top 12): Winslow, WCS, Kaminsky

Our next 3 targets (if trading down even lower): Lyles, Johnson, Payne, Grant - keep in mind, the lower we go the more teams would add to the trade so potentially a better Vet added to this package.

I love Muddiay and Zinger if they drop to 4, but something tells me Phil and co know that other teams will over pay for these two, and we have done our due diligence to understand that we can get a "win now" type vet AND draft pick to groom if we trade one of these guys away.

My man, I said post all the foreign players that have been drafted since 2000. The entire league, not just the Knicks. It's cool, I'm over it. Gallo was a terrible pick at 6. I don't like drafting foreign players, you do. That's it.

hes just hell bent on drafting a player we dont need. dont mind him bro. i hope we dont draft either of the foreigners bc we dont need those positions. we NEED a PG or C.....PERIOD

it's weird cause in baseball foreign talent translates almost just as well or better than american talent.

Yup.

Cause international baseball programs in Latin American and Asia are far more developed than International basketball programs.

U.S. imperialism spread baseball abroad since the 50's. The International community didn't voluntarily start caring about basketball until the Dream Team in the 90's.
There also isn't a difference in the game, for the most part, in baseball. With basketball there are a lot of different rules and concepts that don't translate to the states.

True.

trading a win now rookie at 4 to get a win now vet is how you become a perennial 8 seed. especially when you can sign better win now vets in free agency.

hes just hell bent on drafting a player we dont need. dont mind him bro. i hope we dont draft either of the foreigners bc we dont need those positions. we NEED a PG or C.....PERIOD
Porzingis will be a much better CENTER in this league than either Okafor or Frank IMO

Dude is 7'1.25 (easily at least 7'2 with shoes on) with a 7'6 wingspan. That right there, SCREAMS center. Let alone the fact that he is considered a shot blocker, and should only improve in that regard.

Idc about his weight. Idk how 6'9 Okafor can be considered an NBA center but not Porzingis. Is it because Porzingis is more versatile? Is this a bad thing now?

Let's get over his frame for a second. **** is overblown. We watched "chicken legs" Chandler win DPOY 2 years ago  
laugh.gif

Please, please, please no Okafor or Frank. Dont need another bum center who cant protect the rim... Or play any D whatsoever, come to think about it 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Frank Isola sald he was with Polzi a few months back. Said the kid is 2-3 years away :smh:

Beningo refers to him as Fred Weis

Last edited:
I like Russell more than Mudiay. I'll take either but Mudiay makes me a little nervous.

Still can't ******* believe we have the 4th pick. Couldn't get the 2nd or 3rd, the ******* 4th :x

Last edited:
FTR I am still in love with Mudiay.

If top 3 goes the way it probably will, take Mudiay or Zinger. If you want anyone besides that, trade the **** down.

That is how I see it. Don't want to let me sudden obsession with Zinger cloud my love for Mudiay. I would be extremely content with either. 
laugh.gif

MY top 4 is:

1a. Russell

1b. Towns

2a. Zinger

2b. Mudiay

74. Nokafor 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
As much as I like Russel, I don't think he's the better PG in this draft.
As of right now it's a toss up between Russell mudiay delon and Payne too. And that's basically first 20 picks. They could all end up being good or bad. Then to compete with the point guards who are already in the league just bring in somebody and let's play ball.

Once draft hits we'll probably see who else we get cause I doubt we're leaving tonight with one player & a free agent

Could also trade our pick with magic & sign Tobias Harris [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Last edited:
Lakers always win. Karl is out of his mind. They're in the same division.

Of course it's just a rumor until proven true.

Last edited:
hai guize.

Imma let the grown ups in here talk cuz idk what's going on.

Our run to the 'chip begins tonight.

If Russell goes second that mean we could very well have the opportunity to draft Okafor or Towns. Wouldn't really kill us per se. But that would change the complexion of our plans for free agency.

Drafting Okafor would kill us 
laugh.gif

I just dont see how any team can justify taking Okafor right now over the taller, more athletic, better defensively, more versatile, better shooting Porzingis besides being scared of taking a Euro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom