**2016-2017 CLEVELAND CAVALIERS THREAD**

Exactly. Let KD get his. Being physical on Steph ALWAYS bothers him. They finally showed heart and grit. Making it tough on them and Klay is the key.

JR and Love's 3s helped open up the defense too. Need them to contribute again. Tristan also was a factor. He has to play outside the curse again :lol:

Drew gotta do drew I just wish he didn't force it so much sometimes

Although the shooting was nice. What really impressed me was the teams defense. They had a good game plan and clogged all the passing lanes and deflected a lot of passes out of bounds. The GSW big 3 didn't get many open looks. Both units hustled hard and didn't allow fastbreak points either. If they keep this defensive intensity and focus up going into game 5. Then they'll have a chance. Kevin Durant is going to get his 30 points no matter what. They have to keep contesting Curry and Klays outside shooting instead of getting lost and giving them open looks.

1 poession at a time!

I must say tho the way LeBron played today was phenomenal.

And people get mad at him for passing this dude finds the right dude in the right spot so often. And he passes in their pocket so they have rhythm! Right play man! Just wished sometimes he didn't take some of the 3s that he shoots.

It was admirable to see the Cavs continue their fast pace despite the media favoring them to play slow and methodical. Impressive showing from your team and see ya'll in Oakland. Should be a classic either way.

Last edited:
If jr plays the way he did, love gets 20 at least, Kyrie and lebron get at least 25 a piece, tt gets good boards, and the bench does their thing then we got this

Finally deron got some buckets. Shumpert needs to do some dam work

Shumpert gotta stop with the one dribble pull up mid range lol

JR and Tristan are the biggest X factors they need to contribute like last game. I think eventually Korver will start getting shots he's taking them with more confidence now in comparison to game 1 (imo)

Love also has to be a pest on the boards, defensively (getting steals again) and he HAS to score at least 20 imo too

We gave it a good year guys. I'm glad we prevented the sweep.

Thanks again for spearheading the thread @FinallyFamous
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

You got that LeBron leadership gene in you man.

Last edited:
Just wanted to drop by and say congrats on a great year. Kyrie and LeBRon were phenomenal.

Hats off to you guys.

Stage was too big for him and he was way too much of a defensive liability lol

Idk how the Cavs can make any moves to improve

Looking forward to this off-season to see what steps they take to improve the team.

Great season guys. I'm really aprreaciting every game I'm watching LeBron play. We are in the the final stretch of his prime playing days and I'm not taking it for granted.

Let's see what moves they make next month. Idk how they do it or afford it but hopefully they can try and add a Paul George or a Jimmy Butler to the roster. Maybe TT or K Love can be expendable? im already counting down the days until the 2018 playoffs

Excuse the drunkness, but kudos to y'all for giving the Warriors a no fear match-up. LBJ is undeniably great and Kyrie is a damn beast. Too bad you guys don't have that reliable third option, Love feels like an elite role player.

Great season guys. I'm really aprreaciting every game I'm watching LeBron play. We are in the the final stretch of his prime playing days and I'm not taking it for granted.

Let's see what moves they make next month. Idk how they do it or afford it but hopefully they can try and add a Paul George or a Jimmy Butler to the roster. Maybe TT or K Love can be expendable? im already counting down the days until the 2018 playoffs

Man everyone outside kyrie expendable :lol:

For some reasons this one does not sting as much, they were just the better team. We'll be back next few years again, and hopefully we can full 1-2 of them out somehow. My replica trophy from last year is officially locked up.

For the last 3 years I have been to every home playoff game and did the same this year except for Game 3 Vs Celtics.

Finals Game 4 and Game 3

View media item 2464016View media item 2464017View media item 2464018View media item 2464019
ECF Finals Game 4
View media item 2464020
Semi Finals Game 1& 2

For Game 1 got in my company loge and for game 2 had backstage passes from somebody in The Cavs Front Office

View media item 2464021View media item 2464022
First Round
View media item 2464024View media item 2464025

Man, been in a funk all day. Just disappointing. We had moments of looking great but just couldn't quite get there.

Definitely need another piece - I'm just not sure what. Lebron has a few more years of greatness and the core are young - we just need something.

I'm expecting RJ to retire (again) which is a shame but I think he knows that it's only going to get harder so his time is up.

We really needed another big man - so unfortunate what happened in the season. Having Bogut particularly would really have changed things.

Oh well, on to next year.

Cavs are in trouble with very little room to upgrade. The contracts for Smith and Thompson will weigh heavily on them now. They need to trade assets in order to upgrade, stay away from those Melo rumors.

Lebron was great in the finals, but you have to let GMs do their jobs with acquisitions.

I will be so upset if we trade for Melo!

Our offense isn't the problem - we need to defend better and Melo is the last thing we need.

Yeah Melo makes no sense. LeBron and Kyrie are already arguably the best ISO players in the game. And that comes with its Cons. Adding Melo who is also a heavy ISO player will just not be a right fit. Hes getting up there in age with LeBron and didn't play defense in his younger days and he for sure ain't playing no damn defense now.

No to Melo. The best option is PG13 and that is a pipe dream at this point. But he can match KD Pound for Pound inch for inch and shot for shot. I think if you can move Love and some sort of filler for PG13 you have to do it. As much as I'm a fan of K love he just has matchup problems with the Warriors.

And I just want to touch up on last night. Ty Lue made some crucial crucial coaching mistakes. The fact that he didn't call a timeout during the start of that huge GSW run in the 2nd qtr is blasphemous. They had a decent lead but after the wide open iggy dunk it just went downhill from there. He should of called a timeout shortly after that with a 4-6 point lead and not let the Warriors go on a 20-2 run with the crowd getting back in the game.

And what really pissed me off was him deciding to give Deron Williams critical minutes late in the game and leaving him in there. This isn't 2010-2012 and this isn't the guy that was balling on the Utah Jazz. He is hesitatant to shoot the ball and can't create shots for himself anymore. What is even more worst is that he's a huge liability on defense. I was screaming at the tv when Lue left him in there against KD and KD was just pulling up in his face with ease.

Ugghhh we should at least be preparing to watch a game 6 man. Smh. What moves the Cavs start making come July 1st?

Back
Top Bottom