2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

To be able to captivate an audience, you have to have star appeal. A lot of the minorities in the hollywood screen simply do not have that intangible "IT" factor. The ones that do probably have that "IT" star quality are probably in different fields.

Sure there's prejudice, but it's not like supressing ultra talented minorities like in professional sports back in the day.
According to who? How would we measure or quantify the so called it factor? I know plenty of actors of color who have the it factor.

The audience market. If views and dollars come in, that is a strong indicator.

You know plenty of actors that may have some star quality, but best believe that those less successful actors do not captivate the mass audience.

Hold up, Spike Lee got his oscars at the Governor Awards 1015 but he's boycotting? Hypocrite needs to give back that awards then.

I believe they should have a category for best comedy film. They're always getting ignored.

Like many others, I don't want to be anywhere where I'm not wanted.

Insulting us with the 3-6 Mafia, Denzel being a crooked cop, Halley being a ****, slavery role awards...They can have that.

Last edited:
Like many others, I don't want to be anywhere where I'm not wanted.

Insulting us with the 3-6 Mafia, Denzel being a crooked cop, Halley being a ****, slavery role awards...They can have that.
well you aren't an actor so that's easy for you to say. 

and they did have that. they all kept their oscars and were completely grateful. 

denzel did an amazing job in that movie and halley wasn't a **** in that movie.  did you even watch it?

ignorant fake outrage 

You can't think of good black female actresses because they are getting less roles than black men. It's hard to rate when they are subjected to Tyler Perry movies.

Off top I would say Viola Davis, Jurnee Smollett, Tessa Thompson, Octavia Spencer? Idk maybe some others

Why isn't Shonda Rhimes being acknowledge in Hollywood for literally having 3 prime time shows back to back on ABC on the same night that got renewed for multiple seasons? That is amazing

Probably because her shows are chick shows.

well you aren't an actor so that's easy for you to say. 

and they did have that. they all kept their oscars and were completely grateful. 
denzel did an amazing job in that movie and halley wasn't a **** in that movie.  did you even watch it?

ignorant fake outrage 

Words are also from other fellow African American actors..

Monster Ball was shot in my neighborhood. So of course, I watched it.

Yes, Denzel did a good job, but the negative perception of African Americans throughout America seems to be the only thing they reward. Of course they're going to take the award, for them it's an accomplishment that's being reconigzed.

*sigh*
My "ignorant outrage" is clearly an opinion and not of a rage. *rolling my eyes*

Like I said I wouldn't want to be anywhere I am not truly welcomed. So there no reason for me to even be upset.

Last edited:
:lol: Son aint say anything like that.

Dude praised the performance of a black actor why a lot of yall are just angry about the wrong thing and the wrong ppl.

There's a lot more to do in terms of changing Hollywood. Yall acting like that already happened.

At this point I'm convinced some of yall standards for movies are just poor.

If you don't like that Denzel and others gotta play bad guys, slaves or MLK to win an award maybe it's time yall become writers and start writing for black actors, become producers and start producing movies where black actors are cast, and so on.

Complaining after seeing the nominations isn't really gonna change a lot. I think some of the stuff Jada said was on point and it isn't a new idea. Show Hollywood the power of the dollar in the black community. If it was done back in the 60s like it should've been we'd probably already have higher quality black films and a larger pool of great black actors and especially tele/screenwriters and directors from previous generations.

This. Dudes acting like Straight Out of Compton was Boyz n the Hood
mean.gif

i mean leo had to get raped by a bear, eat raw meat and sleep in a dead horse and he might not even win an oscar 

and he's as white as it gets 
laugh.gif

i mean leo had to get raped by a bear, eat raw meat and sleep in a dead horse and he might not even win an oscar 

and he's as white as it gets :lol:  
It's the biggest disconnect with this topic.

There's Oscar snubs and then there's racist voters making sure no black ppl are nominated despite it happening several times in the past but that'll get ignored with when black ppl win or nominated it's cuz they play bad ppl.

:lol: Like winning the award for acting isn't about acting ability and great performances that come from that. Aint no clause about having to play a good person.

Barkhad Abidi. Son got nominated by everybody for Captain Phillips. That being his first role. Didn't win an Oscar though. I forget his competition.

He was in one British thriller last year and some other movie I assume is Indie (since I can't find a link or much info) and he's set to be in one movie in 2016.

I don't think the Oscar nom helped his career that much so far.

Last edited:
:lol: Son aint say anything like that.

Dude praised the performance of a black actor why a lot of yall are just angry about the wrong thing and the wrong ppl.

There's a lot more to do in terms of changing Hollywood. Yall acting like that already happened.

If you don't like that Denzel and others gotta play bad guys, slaves or MLK to win an award maybe it's time yall become writers and start writing for black actors, become producers and start producing movies where black actors are cast, and so on.

Complaining after seeing the nominations isn't really gonna change a lot. I think some of the stuff Jada said was on point and it isn't a new idea. Show Hollywood the power of the dollar in the black community. If it was done back in the 60s like it should've been we'd probably already have higher quality black films and a larger pool of great black actors and especially tele/screenwriters and directors from previous generations.

Very much so...I'm starting to get tired of the same black tales being told: family scandal, hood film, etc.

Personally, in 2008, I thought Miracle on St Anna should of been nominated. But I think, 'No Country For Old Man' won most of the awards. :lol:

People just need to understand that Hollywood and the media is owned/ran by majority old white Jewish men. Why are we even surprise or upset?

I wish Tyler Perry would make more substance and creative movies for his production.

Like you said, our ppl need to do their own thing and create their own platform.

i think you're right

last article I've found of him says he's broke 
tired.gif
I remember being a little heated when whoever hosted the Oscars clowned him (Ellen maybe?). Basically called him ugly to his face from what I can remember
mean.gif

abidi was amazing in captain phillips. his performance outshined hanks' imo. he lost to jared leto in dallas buyers club who also did an amazing job. that wasn't a snub, that was just tough competition.

Dudes acting like Straight Out of Compton was Boyz n the Hood :smh:

Said this last night. That, and Menace II Society.

Beast of No Nation was really good and should have been nominated, along w/Idris.

Also, Sam Jackson absolutely killed his role. He should have been nominated for a Best Actor in Supporting role.

Dudes acting like Straight Out of Compton was Boyz n the Hood :smh:

Said this last night. That, and Menace II Society.

Beast of No Nation was really good and should have been nominated, along w/Idris.

Also, Sam Jackson absolutely killed his role. He should have been nominated for a Best Actor in Supporting role.
Idris should've been nominated for a best supporting actor. Sam should've been nominated for a best lead actor.

Half way in to TH8 it becomes clear Major Warren is the main character even though this is a typical QT ensemble movie but just like Resevoir Dogs, Harvey Kietel is the main character of that.

this is some inception level stuff

a skit about white people getting recognised for pointless tiny roles in movies who is headlined by a woman who cant act and has a tiny pointless role in the skit 

Back
Top Bottom