2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

I saw 4 of the movies and the Revenant was the best and Spotlight the worst. I would have been happier if the Big Short won. Dont get me wrong spotlight was well made but was nothing special. I would wait until its on TNT or FX to watch

Last edited:
I'm gonna copy that format right now :lol: If only I was betting on this.

Best Picture: Should/Will Win - Spotlight

Best Actor: Should/Will Win - LeoGOD – The Revenant; better than the rest of them.

Best Actress: Should/Will Win - Brie Larson – Room; already spoke on her performance. She was great. Ran away with this.

Best Director: Should/Will Win - Alejandro G. Iñárritu - The Revenant; if we're talking about directing, he was the best this year.

Best Supporting Actor: Should Win - Mark Ruffalo – Spotlight; he became that guy imo. Took on mannerisms and social ticks. Best performance of what I saw. Will Win - Sylvester Stallone – Creed; seems like that's where it's going with previous wins. Didn't see it so I can't call it but Sly is a pretty limited actor so I hope it's earned and not just for the history of the feat.

Best Supporting Actress: Should/Will Win - Alicia Vikander – The Danish Girl; I'd say this made me a fan of hers. Want to see more of her now. Honorable mention to Leigh who I feel was better than Winslet.

Best Original Screenplay: Should/Will Win - Josh Singer and Tom McCarthy – Spotlight

Best Adapted Screenplay: Should/Will Win - Emma Donoghue – Room; came down between this and The Big Short. In the end I think Room deserves it and was better overall.

Best Cinematography: Should Win - The Hateful Eight; Beautiful looking movie, on par with The Revenant. Will Win - The Revenant

Best Film Editing: Should/Will Win - Mad Max: Fury Road; just one of the stronger parts of this movie

Best Original Score: Should/Will Win - Ennio Morricone – The Hateful Eight
I missed Original Score did Ennio Morricone win? I did see an old man speaking a in a different language.

If I was wrong then 4 wrong aint bad.

If not only messed up picking Sly/wrong Mark, TH8 for cinematography, Room for adapted screenplay. Aint mad at all The Big Short won that.

Pretty good night :smokin

I missed Original Score did Ennio Morricone win? I did see an old man speaking a in a different language.

If I was wrong then 4 wrong aint bad.

If not only messed up picking Sly/wrong Mark, TH8 for cinematography, Room for adapted screenplay. Aint mad at all The Big Short won that.

Pretty good night
smokin.gif
Yeah he got it.

The big upsets of the night was Stallone losing.

The Revenant was a favorite but not a heavy one. Spotlight and The Big Short were the two that would have beaten it out, so that's not a shock.

The big upsets of the night was Stallone losing.

The Revenant was a favorite but not a heavy one. Spotlight and The Big Short were the two that would have beaten it out, so that's not a shock.
Nah, Ruffalo losing that same category was the upset.

Leo finally :pimp: IG/Twitter blowing up with memes.

Surprised but not upset by the Spotlight win.

Wasn't a fan of Chris Rock overall.

What are the chances Will throws hands with Chris next time they see each other? :lol:

Last edited:
Stacey coming out might've been the most cringe worthy moment I've ever seen on national TV :lol: :x

Back
Top Bottom