2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

Late to the discussion, but I can't see Matt Damon taking on Leo's Revenant role at all :lol: maybe I'm in the minority with that but I just can't picture it.

I can't see it either.

Only other actors I could see taking Leo's role in Revenant are DDL (the god of acting) and Christian Bale.
I definitely could see Bale doing this. Saw glimpses of it in that Pocahontas/Pilgrims flick he did.

I can see it with Fass too.
I can't see it either.

Only other actors I could see taking Leo's role in Revenant are DDL (the god of acting) and Christian Bale.

Yooo Bale woulda killed it. I think he was suppose to play Glass actually when it was in early early development
The Revenant took years to make. Several directors and actors came on and left before Inarritu took a year and change to get it to the production stage with Leo.
Bale and Brolin both got that rugged quality to them. They both definitely grow better beards than that struggle one leo was growing.
Leo grew his regular beard and then they added on fake hair.

Who else could've played the role Fassbender played in Shame?
Dave Franco :lol:

I could see Edward Norton in Shame
I can see this too.

:rofl: @ DDL. He would've actually went to an underground NYC sex club, got topped off by dudes, and banged his sister.

Last edited:
I definitely could see Bale doing this. Saw glimpses of it in that Pocahontas/Pilgrims flick he did.

Bale would crush it.
Also The New World was directed by the legendary Terrance Mallick, but filmed by Emmanuel Lubezki, the same cinematographer of The Revenant

Late to the discussion, but I can't see Matt Damon taking on Leo's Revenant role at all
laugh.gif
maybe I'm in the minority with that but I just can't picture it.
I can't see it either.

Only other actors I could see taking Leo's role in Revenant are 

untitled.jpeg
fixed

Bale would crush it.
Also The New World was directed by the legendary Terrance Mallick, but filmed by Emmanuel Lubezki, the same cinematographer of The Revenant
Makes sense.

Has his style. If anything, I didn't know he was the cinematographer for Gravity.

Dude winning 3 years in a row is crazy.

I'm guilty of believing in the misconception that meryl streep wins all the awards like a lot of people. She's only 3 for 19. Not a good batting average but 3 wins is still nice.

I think ddl is 3 for 5.

literally.. watch for how many times dude just messes with dude..

ignoring what he said.. changing what he said.. flat out insulting or belittling him.. like constant little jabs

like the dancing scene, caleb went to approach him about him tearing up the picture (which was another mind game).. and dude turns around and blows him off in SPECTACULIAR fashion

the only time when we probably see the 'real' Nathan is when he reacts after caleb tells him what he did.. when crap is literally hitting the fan and 2 secs earlier he was just gloating about how he played him through his access to info
Rewatching now. I'm 10 minutes in and this movie is almost a new experience knowing all of Nathan's motivations. From the moment they Nathan and Caleb meet Nathan is controlling everything.

Caleb has literally no say in anything. It's not even a back and forth conversation.:lol:

Side note: Alicia Vikander.:pimp:

Go through the script and read some of the back and forths and how screwed they are
http://a24awards.com/film/exMachina/exMachina_script.pdf?ref_=ac_ac_ac_acd_scr_i_2

Like this:
View media item 1932914
Thanks for the link.

I'm guilty of believing in the misconception that meryl streep wins all the awards like a lot of people. She's only 3 for 19. Not a good batting average but 3 wins is still nice.

I think ddl is 3 for 5.
At that point it's just about being nominated.

You consider in her acting career there's been 19 years, 19 movies, 19 roles she was worthy of taking a nomination slot over somebody else. That's how she got the reputation. I think she has the most nominations ever.

Plus I use to think there's somebody both male and female with a whole bunch of these when it comes to acting but 3 Oscars is A LOT. I think the most any actor has is 4. That's the same # for directing.

"Legend" and "Locke" are two of my favorite Hardy films. Those are comedies, laugh through the entire movie. I think Hardy is a terrible actor but I really enjoy his movies. The guy reminds me of Mark Wahlberg, their accents are awful. Makes it impossible to believe it but I like those clowns.
Wrong, "Locke" is a horror film, fam. And obviously Tom Hardy is going to remind you of Mark Wahlberg. They're both from Boston, so yeah, obvious similarities there.

I hope Jack Nicholson has another good movie in him. He hasn't made a movie since 2010. 

Jalen and Jacoby show today, it touched on the subject of "Blacks Oscar nods being minimal".

Good stuff, good convo.

:lol: Spike Lee boycotted the Oscars to watch the Knicks lose.

Jack's in his 70s. He'll slow down naturally. Already up there with a lot of Oscars so I can see why he's not having more output.

Back
Top Bottom