2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

I thought I heard sam smith say in his speech that he heard Sir Ian McKellan say that bit of info about no openly gay person winning an oscar before. Some gay guy on espn2 was heated about it.
John Schlesinger's film Midnight Cowboy won best picture in 1969 and I'm pretty sure he was openly gay.

"Legend" and "Locke" are two of my favorite Hardy films. Those are comedies, laugh through the entire movie. I think Hardy is a terrible actor but I really enjoy his movies. The guy reminds me of Mark Wahlberg, their accents are awful. Makes it impossible to believe it but I like those clowns.

I wouldn't go as far as to say a terrible actor :lol:  but I agree with this (especially the Marky Mark comparison).

I see Hardy as more of a movie star than true actor.

In the films he's been in that I've seen, he usually always has the same facial expressions/mannerisms. 

Like, I see Tom Hardy almost every time.

Whereas someone like Fassbender, he becomes the role.. I see Macbeth, I see Magneto, etc. 

Still enjoy the guy's work nonetheless. 

Last edited:
Yall dudes should watch early Hardy work before he got popular and famous a certain type of acting.

Dude is thorough and can become the character as well. He's just been asked to become a certain type recently.

:lol: Spike Lee boycotted the Oscars to watch the Knicks lose.

Jack's in his 70s. He'll slow down naturally. Already up there with a lot of Oscars so I can see why he's not having more output.

Spike was actually at a Flint Benefit show with a few other prominent black actors/artists

Damn I could've sworn I read he was there :lol:.

Guess it was just Ryan Coogler,Stevie Wonder also performed.

nthat.gif
Ryan Coogler 
indifferent.gif
 Spike Lee

Yall dudes should watch early Hardy work before he got popular and famous a certain type of acting.

Dude is thorough and can become the character as well. He's just been asked to become a certain type recently.
just watched Black Hawk Down the other day... I totally forgot he was in that movie.

:lol: Spike Lee boycotted the Oscars to watch the Knicks lose.

Jack's in his 70s. He'll slow down naturally. Already up there with a lot of Oscars so I can see why he's not having more output.

Spike was actually at a Flint Benefit show with a few other prominent black actors/artists

http://abc7ny.com/sports/spike-lee-skips-oscars-by-wearing-suit-gold-jordans-to-knicks-game/1222998/
Thanks for saving me the reply :lol:

I saw Spike and his wife get interviewed several times on the news in MSG.

Most of Hardy's recent films all have the same accent. The Drop, Legend, Lawless, The Revenant. ITS THE SAME DAMN ACCENT. No clue why but I love the guy. I see pretty much all of his movies.

i can understand why Spotlight won best picture, but i just couldn't get behind it...was so slow

Most of Hardy's recent films all have the same accent. The Drop, Legend, Lawless, The Revenant. ITS THE SAME DAMN ACCENT. No clue why but I love the guy. I see pretty much all of his movies.
No it isn't :lol:

Legend was British accents for both Kray brothers. They sound nothing like the Brooklyn/NYC American accent he put on for The Drop.

The Revenant and Lawless were similar.

I'd say there were similar styles in performance for some of these movies. Not the same accent :lol:

i read before that no one has ever heard Tom Hardy's real accent, that he switches in and out of different ones sometimes during interviews

Lmao you make no sense. He spoke in a BRITISH accent in Legend. How is that the same as the Revenant, Lawless and The Drop?

I feel like Inception is what really helped him breakthrough

I don't know though.. He didn't real have a huge role in either rock n rolla or inception

I think Bronson and warrior were huge for him.. Bronson in a layer cake way for Daniel Craig.. Or green street hooligans for charlie hunnam

40 year old virgin was huge for seton rogen cause he was flat out stealing scenes.. But I didn't get that vibe from his parts in inception or rock n rolla

Sure he had some fun scenes but don't think they stood out THAT much.. Probably the "don't be afraid to dream bigger" line.. Then the finding out he was gay in rock n rolla, which was the car scene and the lawyer scene

Back
Top Bottom