2016 Audi R8 Teaser Officially revealed at Geneva Auto Show in March

Just curious bit if you're buying used then why wait for the headlight refresh?

Just curious bit if you're buying used then why wait for the headlight refresh?
Meant for the current gen.  The newer years will obviously cost more but I think I'm like everyone and prefer to updated refresh which is what will keep the newer years value up a little bit more.  I'll be patient and wait for the prices to fall a little bit more before I start looking aggressively.

2011-lexus-lfa_100231349_l.jpg
am i supposed to see a similarity here besides two white cars with vents in the front fender? they dont look alike. thats a long stretch.

That's actually my price range although I might wait it out for the newer headlight refresh.
I've been looking as well, seen a few 09's in the 85k-90k range. The R8 has held value extremely well, especially since it's pretty good as a daily driver. Hard to find one with the particular features I'm looking for ( white/ carbon blades, black interior, B&O audio).

Lol dudes tombout they have 90k budgets but lookin at 5 year old r8s... I guess its true. We are programmed to always want more. If dudes had 200k theyd be lookin at used Veyrons. Hah

Not eem mad. If i had that kinda dispoable income id get ignant too.

Lol dudes tombout they have 90k budgets but lookin at 5 year old r8s... I guess its true. We are programmed to always want more. If dudes had 200k theyd be lookin at used Veyrons. Hah

Not eem mad. If i had that kinda dispoable income id get ignant too.
eyes.gif

What's wrong with looking at an older car?  I love this generation's R8.  By the time i'm in comfortable financial situation to afford one in a few more years, this generation won't be in production anymore.  I may not like the newer one.

*Kayne Shrug*

:rolleyes

What's wrong with looking at an older car?  I love this generation's R8.  By the time i'm in comfortable financial situation to afford one in a few more years, this generation won't be in production anymore.  I may not like the newer one.

*Kayne Shrug*

nothing wrong with it, affording a $90k is a affording a $90k whether it's used or new

nothing wrong with it, affording a $90k is a affording a $90k whether it's used or new
The thing is, why pay 150k for a new one and lose 30-40k on depreciation for virtually the same car? The R8 has been basically unchanged for 7 years with the exception of the v10 option in 2010 I believe. These cars are often garage queens and are basically new cars with less than 25k on the dash.

The thing is, why pay 150k for a new one and lose 30-40k on depreciation for virtually the same car? The R8 has been basically unchanged for 7 years with the exception of the v10 option in 2010 I believe. These cars are often garage queens and are basically new cars with less than 25k on the dash.

from now on, I will only buy a luxury whip if it's CPO

I just bought a 2013 A5 that was $50k two years ago and I got it for $30k with 20k on the dash

someone else can take that depreciation :x

Last edited:
from now on, I will only buy a luxury whip if it's CPO

I just bought a 2013 A5 that was $50k two years ago and I got it for $30k with 20k on the dash

someone else can take that depreciation :x
Exactly, it makes very little sense to buy most luxury or exotic vehicles new to be honest. Especially when you don't plan on keeping them for more than a year or two, then you can easily buy the next model used with a minimum hit.

:lol: @ the poster who strung together the R8, LFA, and IS pics together.

They look NOTHING alike. :lol:

Wasnt this unveiled already? I swear I saw pics of a blue one like a month ago.

Last edited:
Im all for letting another man taking that depreciation hit but 90 racks on a car thats already half a decade old?

Like i said if i had dispoable income like that it might be a different story but hey it aint trickin if u got it it...

id rather buy a a new alpina or that new cayman or somethin. But like some have mentioned 90% of these luxury autos are garage queens.

i feel what both sides are saying honestly. one is looking at it like, if u gonna cop an exotic...get the fresh exotic, not used. thats the ballers perspective. the other dude looking at it from a smart financial perspective. he saying he want an exotic but isnt trying to make a stupid financial move to get it. so used is the only option that makes sense.

both are correct when you look at it from their perspective.

Audi putting a kibosh to 6-sp trans?

Looking more fwd to the B9 S4/RS4 reveal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom