2016 Audi R8 Teaser Officially revealed at Geneva Auto Show in March

nsx defnitely looks better than the r8 imo. it looks like a sexed up r8. especially after this latest disappointing reveal. audi playing it safe on design. too many amazing lookin cars can be had for the 115-130k range for them to come out with the same ol 

I think the expectations were a bit high since the R8 kind of revolutionized the styling, there wasn't anything like it in it's price range when it first came out.

Granted I do think they should have gone a bit more eccentric, I do see where they are coming from. It has become Audis signature design and they are just making it more boxy with more squared off angles for the future.

Looks like they might be going the Porsche route with this one.

Quattro GmbH’s boss Heinz Hollerweger said there will be no cheaper V8 model. “We have no interest in a V8,” the executive told Automobile at the Geneva Motor Show. The reason for that is simple: customers of the first-generation Audi R8 were far more interested in V10 models than V8s.

No manual ****** available, just a dual clutch auto.

Hollerweger said the modern dual-clutch automatic transmissions outperform manuals at the track. “You have to look at lap times,” he explained, adding that a manual can’t possibly match the performance of the R8’s dual-clutch transmission.

Another reason for the discontinuation of manual transmissions in the R8 is the low take rate – for example, in Europe it was almost zero for the manual transmission Audi R8s. This is why Hollerweger believes there’s no point in offering a manual on the new car.

View media item 1444579View media item 1444580

This R8 is still a beautiful car but isn't that game changer that the original R8 was. The interior on the other hand is much improved on this one. I'm sure the technology in it is crazy too. Wish the interior could be transferred to the old R8.

Back
Top Bottom