2016 BET Awards Thread June 26

Fake future had a better performance than real future smh

I'm sorry, but I think Jonelle Monae is *** as an artist. She is nice to look at, but she is the very definition of meh.

AP

ibvqbjf4wvntjv.gif

We had to deal with brands on our back and now we pay for all these brands :smh:
Hottest line of the show. I guarantee son been waiting a while to drop some of those lines.

Just about every performance has been horribly mixed.  Need to fire their audio techs.

Jesse Williams speech was incredible, I wish more would actually listen to and consider his words rather than it just being something to stand and cheer for in passing.  As someone else mentioned, it will very easily get overshadowed if something goes down.  I did find his comment about (I'm paraphrasing) trading in being forced to have brands on their backs for taking pride in spending just to wear brands on their backs interesting when so many people in the audience standing and clapping were doing just that.  To be expected at an event to be honest but that money spent on material goods rather than truly improving isn't likely to change.  And yes, I realize this is Niketalk.

roll.gif
following that speech up with future 2 mins later

Not a good tribute. I think my expectations are too high, but Monae is missing the damn mark by miles.

Just like the old days from uncut videos followed by a church program immediately after.

Gotta have balance :lol:

Naw, but every last performance I've seen of "Wicked" has been very weak. That just isn't one of those songs that seems to perform well. The beat is hard, but his vocals might be too mellow.

I'm really happy about the year Anderson.Paak has been having. Very talented dude.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I think Jonelle Monae is *** as an artist. She is nice to look at, but she is the very definition of meh.

No, she's legit. She can sing and also can perform.

She just hasn't done anything to live up to the hype though, and her head seems a tad big.

Back
Top Bottom