2016 BET Awards Thread June 26

On the real though, Nickelodeon kind of stopped being a "kids" channel a long time ago. They've been trying to make the channel appeal to adults for some reason now. :rolleyes **shrugs** Even still, the Viacom broadcasting was OD. I guess they'd seen ratings boost potential with the Prince tribute or what not. I don't know. Just trying to make sense of it I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah he was supposed to be apart of the tribute, it was advertised, but for some reason it didn't happen.

I think it was a desparate attempt to get the BET awards out to households who wouldn't know, care or bother to watch. It is a sinking ship that has become more atrocious year after year

Last edited:
Future should've performed March Madness after that speech. It makes more sense. He also had no energy and his mic sounded drowned out. I rock with dude heavy...but he wasn't good.

Pics of this Janelle Monae asz-less pants? :nerd:

Jennifer Hudson did her thing mane. Was chillin with some chicks watching it...and they were waving their hands side to side....saying, "YASSS honey!! SANG! You better!" It was hilarious.

Anybody got the Twitter quotes to the rustled white jimmies? I'm surprise they stuck with the show long enough. You'd be surprised at how many of them think "BET is racist" :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Alicia Keys' performance was so boring :lol: I think the last performance of hers I liked was Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart, and I don't even remember if that was a BET performance

Janelle Monae booty was not showing. Those were fake "assless" pants. She was weak.

Jennifer Hudson and Jessie Williams stole the show, easy. Paak and Maxwell were pretty good too.

Beyoncé mom a god damn idiot. Usher. Lol wow

Badu looking funny with that weak stuff. Bilal outdid her by a mile.

Time for Stevie to hang up the vocals. Brutal.

D'Angelo :smh: WTF

Beyoncé and K.Dot was cool.

Hudson though :pimp: WOW.

Janelle Monae booty was not showing. Those were fake "assless" pants. She was weak.

Jennifer Hudson and Jessie Williams stole the show, easy. Paak and Maxwell were pretty good too.

Beyoncé mom a god damn idiot. Usher. Lol wow

Badu looking funny with that weak stuff. Bilal outdid her by a mile.

Time for Stevie to hang up the vocals. Brutal.

D'Angelo :smh: WTF

Beyoncé and K.Dot was cool.

Hudson though :pimp: WOW.
yea man stevie, alicia, erykah, usher were brutal and as much as monae gushes over prince i was not impressed

That boy Desiigner getting checks he don't deserve.

I was in tears when my boy Anthony Anderson came out in those arseless chaps after Jenelle Monae did it. Think that was the funniest moment of the night.

As far as the pre show... Glad they let my girl Mila J & Rae Sremm host that. 

I feel like Yo Gotti should have been on the main stage. They tossed Desiigner on the pre show & gave Gotti his spot.

Rotimi can sing his *** off. I see the females are going to mess with him heavy. He's going to take Trey Songz spot.

cats saying march madness would've been a better choice b/c of the line 'cops killin nwords, tragic' but it spews the same nonsense as other trap rap: 'young nword in the cut [he'll] take you out for some jordans', that's nothing to be proud of, true or not, plus countless drug references.
Jesse's speech was too good for bet, plain and simple.

and yes, janelle monet's pants featured a brown sheer fabric. she not about that 1999 life for real. she's too wholesome/conscious for bet, actually. BET wants the people that appear to give a damn about the community b/c of buzzwords/phrases, like 'let's get in formation', but actually bring them down, b/c that's what so many are programmed to respond to.

I think it was a desparate attempt to get the BET awards out to households who wouldn't know, care or bother to watch. It is a sinking ship that has become more atrocious year after year

They did the same thing for the MTV Movie Awards.

Hosted by Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart, the 2016 MTV Movie Awards goes down Sunday, April 10 at 8 p.m. on MTV, with a simulcast on Viacom siblings BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV2, TV Land, VH1 and VH1 Classic.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...goes-all-out-mtv-movie-awards-april-10/155351

and actually it was pretty good this year. You watch it every year to complain about it?

Anybody got the Twitter quotes to the rustled white jimmies? I'm surprise they stuck with the show long enough. You'd be surprised at how many of them think "BET is racist" :smh: :lol:

Anything black is racist.

BET, Ebony, Jet, Miss Black America, HBCU's :lol: Some of them whine and play victim about everything. They think perks come with being oppressed.

Last edited:
That boy Desiigner getting checks he don't deserve.

I was in tears when my boy Anthony Anderson came out in those arseless chaps after Jenelle Monae did it. Think that was the funniest moment of the night.

As far as the pre show... Glad they let my girl Mila J & Rae Sremm host that. 
I feel like Yo Gotti should have been on the main stage. They tossed Desiigner on the pre show & gave Gotti his spot.
Rotimi can sing his *** off. I see the females are going to mess with him heavy. He's going to take Trey Songz spot.
mila j was annoying as all hell and anthony anderson *** out was not funny in any way, but he's your boy so i understand

I think it's dumb as hell when they put an award show on ten channels. It's unnecessary. MTV and BET awards shouldn't be on a kid's show, they don't need to watch this trash. Black or white kids.

They did the same thing for the MTV Movie Awards.

Hosted by Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart, the 2016 MTV Movie Awards goes down Sunday, April 10 at 8 p.m. on MTV, with a simulcast on Viacom siblings BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV2, TV Land, VH1 and VH1 Classic.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...goes-all-out-mtv-movie-awards-april-10/155351
Exactly people don't understand that BET was the only Viacom award show that wasn't being broadcasted on multiple channels. That was the racist part if anything, WE complained, Viacom listened, now we're equal opportunists and 'they' upset.

roll.gif

First thing I thought about when I saw this performance. Dude was trippin'.

Sad to say...this show is the reason why people know when my birthday is (6/26) so reps for BET for that 8)

p.s I haven't even watched a this awards show since the Michael Jackson tribute a while back...damn time flies.

mila j was annoying as all hell and anthony anderson *** out was not funny in any way, but he's your boy so i understand
Mila J was far from annoying and everybody I know was laughing at the Anthony thing because it was unexpected. *shrug* 

Back
Top Bottom