2016 ESPN 30 for 30 Thread

Shaq was also a sucka trying to play off the lil penny diss as "fun" :lol:

I could understand if he did that commercial with the lakers but it's like ya mans is on the team with you and y'all trying to win it all together. What part of the game is that? :smh:

Smh, Penny finding out Shaq left Orlando for the Lakers during a Dream Team press conference with Shaq on the team.

I decided not to watch tonight's great games and watched Magics 30 For 30 instead. This was a great. One of my favorite teams growing up. I had Penny's shoes and the Shaq's with all the damn lines on 'em.

Penny was so nice. He was Magic with hoops, Lebron but finesse. Young, in shape Shaq. The had a complete team. Those Nick Anderson FT's killed all that confidence. They were mentally done after that. It was sad watching Penny break down like that. He was on his way to becoming one of the greats. Even though Shaq left he still woulda made a bunch all-star teams and a star off the court.

Shaq leaving was a combination of the front office and his ego. It was obvious he feeling some jealousy about Penny becoming a superstar. Shaq is a big kid that needs all the attention. But the front office shoulda locked him down first. They shoulda offered him the world.

So Alonzo Mourning was the reason for the Magic's demise, and the Lakers eventual championships :lol: Magic goofed big time.

Orlando had to been pissed when Zo deal happened. :lol:

You still gotta pay Shaq though.

Last edited:
Truth be told, this 30 for 30 was a bit of a farce. Shaq had the Lakers on his mind from day 1. His agent wanted him there as well. The money, and the penny thing was just a good excuse to leave. It's so easy to be reflective in hindsight. I don't believe the hype. Was penny becoming a big star? Yes. But, he knew penny, he knew penny was the most unselfish superstar he could ever play with. The money thing was just on the cusp of changing. Matter of fact, it changed with mourning and the heat in a sense. So, Orlando wasn't being disrespectful with their initial offer. 80 something mil was a great contract before zo got his hundred + mil offer. ***** shaq

If you wanna say that Orlando should have made shaq an offer he couldn't refuse is one thing, but to blame Orlando for making a top tier offer for its time is another.

Last edited:
Now if the Magic would've gave Shaq the ranch to stay, then he'd be crying about the Magic being unable to secure/keep marquee talent around him.

Funny thing is Shaq never actually left Orlando. He lived there in the offseason, and still lives there to this day along with his family. No state income tax :pimp:

Last edited:
Some of Penny's moves still don't make any sense. He had amazing talent and skill.

Those Magic teams were so fun to watch as a kid. It's a shame to see what could have been.

I still have a VHS of that game where Penny made a steal in the last 10 seconds against the MJ-less Bulls and drove in for dunk to win
smokin.gif

Thought it was a pretty good episode. Just saying pretty good cause I already knew about everything in so much detail :lol: there really wasn't much new things that popped up that I wasn't already familiar with

Thought it was a pretty good episode. Just saying pretty good cause I already knew about everything in so much detail :lol: there really wasn't much new things that popped up that I wasn't already familiar with

agreed

I also think they really rushed it into one and a half hours so it seemed to be just synopsis's of the failures rather than detailing the events

I give it a 7/10

Back
Top Bottom