2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

Best 3 quarters the team has played all year. Good defense...ball movement...James picking his spots to go super saiyan...

This game was indicative of why these guys are so frustating, if they brought that energy and effort every night they'd be no worse than 3rd in the West right now. The talent is there...always has been.

If this team would just play with that intensity level on dense every night, you see glimpses of what we could be

Yep, and it sucks knowing what they can be compared to what they usually are. Early in the game we were seeing the same ol stuff, launching 3s with no one in sight to grab the boards, guys playing way off the ball like Texans DBs, and simply getting outhustled on certain plays. So seeing that turnaround was great, but just left you shaking your head wondering why they don't consistently do it.

It's funny you say that, because last night I said I'd trade Lawson for Prig straight up, just to get him off the team :lol:

This isn't a professional NBA team. These are a bunch of spineless pieces of **** that will just keep spinning their wheels until they either fall off, or until a sweeping change is made. The energy and intensity they showed yesterday means nothing, nor did getting this game within 5 late, as they just became the usual brain-farting mistake-riddled team. Dudes are a bunch of jokes, and I hate I've even spent money on these losers.

Jason Terry walks through the media room on way to the locker room. "No chemistry with that group. F****** horrible." #CSNBlazers #ripcity

Man, what the hell really happened between last season and this season? :lol:

Mind boggling.

It's really puzzling man :lol: the guys who aren't here from last year are Dorsey, Nick Johnson, Prig, and....that's it right??

Last edited:
Until guys are holding up their new jerseys, taking pics, and are on the court wearing those, I'm not taking any trade talk as the gospel. All I know is come February 19th at the Suns, at minimum Ty Lawson and Terrence Jones need to be gone, and KJ McDaniels if you're not gonna give him the opportunity to play meaningful minutes. And I'd even throw Brewer's name in as well. 3-4 guys shouldn't be on this team come that date, and Howard shouldn't be one of them.

Until guys are holding up their new jerseys, taking pics, and are on the court wearing those, I'm not taking any trade talk as the gospel. All I know is come February 19th at the Suns, at minimum Ty Lawson and Terrence Jones need to be gone, and KJ McDaniels if you're not gonna give him the opportunity to play meaningful minutes. And I'd even throw Brewer's name in as well. 3-4 guys shouldn't be on this team come that date, and Howard shouldn't be one of them.

Dwight and James are the only guys you could trade and get anything meaningful in return. Morey has tried to trade T Jones multiple times, plus after the accident he's going nowhere. Ty has played his way out of getting traded for anything but a bag of dirty nickels and nobody has seen enough of KJ to give you anything that will help the team in a meaningful way.

Only way those guys go is if they are part of a package with Howard, and honestly I don't think anybody is gonna give up much for Dwight at this point. He's perceived as soft with little drive to win a title, is 30 years old, with injuries slowly mounting up.

If GMs wanna make a trade work, they'll make it work, whether it's two or three teams. Other coaches always feel like they can repair guys and it's always been that way.

If GMs wanna make a trade work, they'll make it work, whether it's two or three teams. Other coaches always feel like they can repair guys and it's always been that way.

Baseball is the absolute worst with coaches thinking they can fix bad hitters and pitchers :lol:

Baseball is the absolute worst with coaches thinking they can fix bad hitters and pitchers :lol:

I agree...and anybody who thinks they can fix Dwight after 9 coaches have tried is crazy. Dwight is who he is; a really good player who could have been an all-time great if he ever developed on the offensive end.

In this new small ball league, a 30 year old Dwight Howard is not valued very much at all. If you are a championship contender he won't put you over the top and if you are interested in him why not wait until the opts out in the summer?

I agree...and anybody who thinks they can fix Dwight after 9 coaches have tried is crazy. Dwight is who he is; a really good player who could have been an all-time great if he ever developed on the offensive end.

In this new small ball league, a 30 year old Dwight Howard is not valued very much at all. If you are a championship contender he won't put you over the top and if you are interested in him why not wait until the opts out in the summer?

dwight is an all time great. don't let narrative fool you. he's a 1st ballot hall of famer.

statis22 statis22

yeah, we can go over the cap to sign dwight. but do we want to? he's gonna be 31, looking for a 4-5 year deal worth 25+ a year. 30 is his max. i can't see morey committing to anything like that. if we shed his 22 million salary, plus lawsons 12, brewers 8, let jones walk, probably move KJ and hope to move beverly, it's a team of harden, ariza, dmo, capela, and all the cap room in the world to attack free agency. even if you can't sign durant, we could finally go for the depth play we talked about a couple years ago.

Lil revisionist history but I was saying in the Clippers series last year this nucleus wasn't good enough even though we won that series. The Warriors proved that in the way they dismissed us in 5.

Last year was probably the high end of this particular team and this season is the low end of it.

dwight is an all time great. don't let narrative fool you. he's a 1st ballot hall of famer.

statis22 statis22

yeah, we can go over the cap to sign dwight. but do we want to? he's gonna be 31, looking for a 4-5 year deal worth 25+ a year. 30 is his max. i can't see morey committing to anything like that. if we shed his 22 million salary, plus lawsons 12, brewers 8, let jones walk, probably move KJ and hope to move beverly, it's a team of harden, ariza, dmo, capela, and all the cap room in the world to attack free agency. even if you can't sign durant, we could finally go for the depth play we talked about a couple years ago.

To me you can clean up those spare parts while keeping Dwight and hoping to sign a major name instead of acquiring spare parts while letting Dwight walk in the hopes of signing a KD. The cap is going up in another 2 years so his number won't cripple the team like Harden will in 2018.

that's definitely another way to attack it. essentially just have harden and dwight, and start shipping out the spare parts (bev, brew, lawson, jones etc).

*whispers* chandler parsons is a free agent this summer...

Back
Top Bottom