2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

1. Draft picks are assets. We don't obtain Harden without Morey.
2. Playoff basketball should be sound, quality play. We're random/erratic. I don't want my kids watching JH randomly bail us out and think that is alright, nor would I enjoy watching a swee

Peep Game Peep Game ha, my bad. I read both of those names as Steph Curry each time and was confused. :lol:.

much rather watch Seth blender in a one-off than have the whole word watch us get washed for a series. It gets devalued because every team has a random guy that has likely gone off against the Rockets before. Particularly good shooters, in which Seth fits the bill.

Yeah, if we had this pick I honestly think we trade it, but that's what we always say and we end up with TJones, Royce, Morris, Lamb, Dekker, Capela, etc. His first round drafting history hasn't been to good. I get the assets angle, but playoffs, even if we get washed is more important imo.

Who knows, Denver, GSW and Memphis, no one gave them a shot and they shocked the world. It gives me something to watch for 4 more games instead of not really caring. Besides, I'm not sure if any FA's that want to win would want to come to a team that didn't make the playoffs.

Go Rockets. Sweep or not.

:lol:

yall gonna be the same cats yelling blow the team up when they get washed in these offs

Nah man at least let em compete. Nobody is even stressing if we get washed or not...but let em compete at the least.

Im not sure if you wanna stay mediocre and build through the draft/hoard picks for another 10 more years or rag on us for simply wanting guys to compete. What is it you want :lol:

Yeah, if we had this pick I honestly think we trade it, but that's what we always say and we end up with TJones, Royce, Morris, Lamb, Dekker, Capela, etc. His first round drafting history hasn't been to good. I get the assets angle, but playoffs, even if we get washed is more important imo.

TJones = still a solid asset. He got phased out/devalued by obtaining more assets. :lol:
Royce = Random headcase
Morris = Asset
Lamb = Harden trade
Dekker = less than 365 days to analyze
Capela = Good pick and future role player on a playoff contending team

I think you've disregarded some injury also

I'm not sure if any FA's that want to win would want to come to a team that didn't make the playoffs..

If I'm an NBA Free Agent, I know the ins and outs of every potential situation I'm going to. Including them having D12 which has been a letdown and I'd also realize/inquire/track whether he's leaving. I mean I don't think yall understand how unique of a situation this is. I think people hear any "tank" scenario and group them all together. We literally have all the ingredients of a team who should tank in one instance. We're not some rebuilding team like cats in here are trying to imply we need to be

Nah man at least let em compete. Nobody is even stressing if we get washed or not...but let em compete at the least.

Im not sure if you wanna stay mediocre and build through the draft/hoard picks for another 10 more years or rag on us for simply wanting guys to compete. What is it you want :lol:

I don't see how you don't stress when a team you support gets washed, tbh.

We only need to do this this year. It's a perfect scenario. WE HAVE AN MVP CANDIDATE CALIBER PLAYER ON OUR ROSTER. (we've been waiting for one since Hakeem). Coaching fiasco, injuries, D12 production decreasing, D12 on the cusp of leaving, GSW level-up, CAP increase.

this old school die hard fan mantra got guys tripping/near-sighted imo. I think we could be right back in contender talks in the next 1-2 years

I don't see how you don't stress when a team you support gets washed, tbh.

We only need to do this this year. It's a perfect scenario. WE HAVE AN MVP CANDIDATE CALIBER PLAYER ON OUR ROSTER. (we've been waiting for one since Hakeem). Coaching fiasco, injuries, D12 production decreasing, D12 on the cusp of leaving, GSW level-up, CAP increase.

this old school die hard fan mantra got guys tripping/near-sighted imo. I think we could be right back in contender talks in the next 1-2 years

All you want is your team to compete. All that losing and reloading is old news when Harden is in his prime. Morey cant finesse teams all the time man and you see it backfired this season when he tried :lol:

I dont see it in the next 1-2 years. Not at all. We have an MVP candidate now but whos coming to the Rockets when the cap increases to save us? Harrison Barnes? :lol: smh.

You'd have to be bugging if you think a player like that can take us to the next level. If we land KD which is a shot in the damn dark thats different.

I would have much rather had the 13th pick (or possibly better) but I would like to see the Rockets at least make this competitive. Who knows JB could awaken his inner Phil Jackson, James could be James, and Dwight could find his Orlando self and we pull off what the Warriors did back in '07 vs the Mavericks.

>D

13th pick is cool but what prospects were we really going to get & take the team to the next level (other than the obvious top picks we WONT be getting) this draft. Im pretty well versed on the NCAA prospects and those on the come up but please let me know if im wrong guys :lol:

Last edited:
^That dude really is the only one I'm interested in in this whole draft :lol:

View media item 1995397
The thing I'm really excited about is that the game against he Kings may have been TJOnes' last regular season game in a Rockets uni. Been a long time coming.

man hopefully we win at least a game against the dubs 
tired.gif

but I believe… gotta make Steph work for his points, hopefully Bev slows him down a bit..Perhaps get KJ  to defend Curry or even Ariza to defend Curry at times...

Rockets in 6.
Harden is going to get some strippers to take some suggestive picture with Steph. Twitter is going to blow up. People will flock to save Ayesha Curry and the Warriors crumble.
Rockets in 6.

Yeah Thon Maker im up on. Dude wasnt good in them AAU games against the other top prospects though. He shoulda went to school first and put on weight.

Id still take him as a Rocket :pimp: but it aint happening regardless.

man hopefully we win at least a game against the dubs |I
but I believe… gotta make Steph work for his points, hopefully Bev slows him down a bit..Perhaps get KJ  to defend Curry or even Ariza to defend Curry at times...

Yeah hopefully KJ gets minuted man. This is probably where he is needed.

Well no one know where Thon will actually be available. If he tanks the work outs he can slide to round 2. But if he has some great work out some team could take mid first. I'm not expecting more than some dleague action from Thon at this point anyway. Not on that hype train at all.

Well no one know where Thon will actually be available. If he tanks the work outs he can slide to round 2. But if he has some great work out some team could take mid first. I'm not expecting more than some dleague action from Thon at this point anyway. Not on that hype train at all.

All this.

well, let me not say "out of touch", but the below quote sounds like a media parrot mixed in with some "safe odds" talk. We know he's an unknown. He's also 7'1", with what looks like one of the highest motors I've seen in a HS kid, and fluidity/athleticism. He could be a bust (like any player :lol:) but you don't go get washed in the playoffs and pass up on the opportunity on his ceiling. or the opportunity that someone else you've evaluated slides because another team takes him. If his combine is ridiculous, he could be top 5 talent. Him being mid first round is simply because he hasn't played a game of college ball. I'm not champion for how good he "will be", but at the opportunity we're passing up on....

nothing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom