2016 Houston Rockets Pre-Season Thread - Preseason Finale vs Spurs

With this same philosophy JB has they might as well should of mept McHale.

Damn Thornton was cold blooded last night :lol:

I wouldn't go that far, but you can tell Mchale was a mentor. :lol:

As I said earlier, I like JB but I don't think he's the right coach for this team. These guys need a completely new voice to get them to play a completely different way.

I saw that on my TL, they used "consoled" after the loss :lol: :smh:

Lawson/TJones need to be traded somehow. I still can fathom Lawson being as terrible as he is. He's not even a 12/8 role player. He's worse than Jeremy Lin ever was for us.

good effort but damn, frustrating 
mean.gif

Howard is a beast, and I still don't get why we don't involve him all the time… All we see is Harden iso over and over and over and it's predictable.. If I were a top team (GS, SAS), I'd want to face the rockets in the playoffs

The way Howard was used last game is actually how he should be used. Uninformed folks probably think the Rockets just tossed the ball to him him the post and let him do work, when it was very much the opposite. Nothing was forced at all. The offense basically free flowed to him naturally, on top of him going like 14/16 or so from the FT line. The minute this offense teues to force a game like that with him, you'd surely end up with a massive amount of turnovers.

Curious as to what the rotation looks like tonight as far as Thornton goes. Something just tells me he'll be rewarded by either very limited PT, or a DNP-Coaches Decision.

i agree that we need to purge our style, but i don't think we need to trade more than 1 (maybe 2 players). the only move that would make sense imo would be sacrificing one of the bigs. likely T Jones. Not sure what value you could get back. we could stand an upgrade or consolidation of point guard talent, but i think the guys we have can compete with any team when dialed in.

we just need a new coach (again) :frown:
jb lets these guys continue to chuck and look at Harden run iso. He needs to stay being a defensive assistant. We need an OC/DC

i agree that we need to purge our style, but i don't think we need to trade more than 1 (maybe 2 players). the only move that would make sense imo would be sacrificing one of the bigs. likely T Jones. Not sure what value you could get back. we could stand an upgrade or consolidation of point guard talent, but i think the guys we have can compete with any team when dialed in.

we just need a new coach (again) :frown:
jb lets these guys continue to chuck and look at Harden run iso. He needs to stay being a defensive assistant. We need an OC/DC

During the Clippers game when we made that run, Harden was pretty much off the floor, and it looked like actual plays were being run. Then Harden checks back in, and it was ISO ISO ISO ISO :smh:

yea, because nobody else has any ability to iso and score :lol:

but i mean got damn, this man isn't the coach. SOME coach out here has to be willing to chin check him and get him to build his game around a high IQ system and not just iso ball. he has lots of tools

we were all stoked when we found out we were getting Lawson over the summer, and damn, has it been such a let down 
mean.gif

the possibilities were endless, it seemed: pick n roll, faster pace, better pg play to compete with the Curry's and Paul's of the league, tandem of Harden/Lawson, shot opportunities.. what a let down..

So this time, Harden puts up standout numbers, and we still lose, even while using the Hack strategy, forcing Drummond to miss a massive amount of FTs. This is such an extra regular mediocre team, even through great wins. Doesn't mater what trades are made if key guys continue to play crappy defense. Even with Howard out early, at home, this should have been a win. The only consistency this team has is it's high rate of playing uninspired basketball. Dudes are looking like an underwhelming first round exit.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14620902/dwight-howard-houston-rockets-face-milwaukee-bucks

HOUSTON -- Rockets center Dwight Howard has been ruled out for Friday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks with a sprained left ankle.

An MRI exam on Thursday confirmed the injury, which Howard suffered 55 seconds into the first quarter of Wednesday night's loss to the Detroit Pistons. He did not return.

It will be the eighth game this season Howard has missed; he missed seven games for health issues and missed the season opener due to a league-mandated suspension stemming from the 2015 playoffs.

Howard is third in the NBA in rebounds at 12.1 per game, and over the last 17 games, he had averaged 16.6 points.

The Rockets are also dealing with other injury issues, with starting point guard Patrick Beverley (left ankle sprain), backup guard Jason Terry (right knee pain) and rookie power forward Montrezl Harrell (right shoulder contusion) listed as questionable for the Bucks game.

"We got to figure it out," guard James Harden said. "We've been through this situation before a lot last year. Guys are going to have opportunities to play extra minutes and just take advantage of it."

Houston will send rights to foreign players and cash to the Clippers for Smith, league source tells Yahoo.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA)
January 22, 2016

Not exactly sure how this "helps" the team but mmmmkay

:lol: Yep

Dont mind him back at all though. No one's expecting him to save us, but he played very well here minis the turnover games and where he got frustrated and wasn't in it. I expect him to provide a spark, and simply play better. I am curious as to what it would be like with Smith and Lawson on the floor at the same time. Won't get the full squad anyway with Dwight being out tonight.

Doesn't show up on the stat sheet point wise, but Smith's contribution was huge as far as defense and general energy. He seemed legit happy to be out there and the crowd responded in kind. Still should have beat the Bucks more handedly since we were up like 13 at one point, but the win still counts, and you saw some strides forward.

Harrell and KJ got re-assigned to Rio Grand Valley. Better than leaving them on the bench, but both dudes had been needed to be inserted into the lineup more frequently. Have the Dall******** next. Need to start picking up momentum heading into the All Star break, cause the standings are getting kind of iffy. The Kings are right behind us, which is pretty alarming.

View media item 1881418
View media item 1881400View media item 1881401View media item 1881402View media item 1881403 View media item 1881413View media item 1881414View media item 1881415

Back
Top Bottom