2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it definitely makes more sense to try and jam an entire playoffs, front to back, in one month than to simply stay away from Sunday night and Monday night during a World Series that would take place in November.

Yeah, it definitely makes more sense to try and jam an entire playoffs, front to back, in one month than to simply stay away from Sunday night and Monday night during a World Series that would take place in November.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The regular season would end Wednesday, Sept. 28 with playoffs opening on Sept. 30 or Oct. 1. The World Series is scheduled to start Wednesday, Oct. 19, a week earlier than the last two years. It would virtually assure the World Series would not be played in November.

"Anything we could do to finish in October,'' commissioner Bud Selig told USA TODAY, "is what I wanted to do. It shows how serious we are in doing this. I feel very good about it, and am pleased at everybody's reaction.''

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...friday-april-1-season-to-end-on-a-wednesday/1

The regular season would end Wednesday, Sept. 28 with playoffs opening on Sept. 30 or Oct. 1. The World Series is scheduled to start Wednesday, Oct. 19, a week earlier than the last two years. It would virtually assure the World Series would not be played in November.

"Anything we could do to finish in October,'' commissioner Bud Selig told USA TODAY, "is what I wanted to do. It shows how serious we are in doing this. I feel very good about it, and am pleased at everybody's reaction.''

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...friday-april-1-season-to-end-on-a-wednesday/1

You know what sucks? Texas has a very good shot to win the WS, might end up losing CJ but gaining CC AND if Cincy decides they can't get a long term deal to Votto and decide to keep Yonder, Texas is the perfect fit and has the prospects to get him. That cable money should be kicking in soon, right? Looking at you Dirk.

You know what sucks? Texas has a very good shot to win the WS, might end up losing CJ but gaining CC AND if Cincy decides they can't get a long term deal to Votto and decide to keep Yonder, Texas is the perfect fit and has the prospects to get him. That cable money should be kicking in soon, right? Looking at you Dirk.

I've probably heard the same rumblings you have, but Texas' chances of landing CC have to be slim to none, right? What are the chances they outbid NY for his services AND CC prefers to play in Texas?

Regardless, Texas is pretty set for the short term future. I'm sure they're hoping Holland continues to make strides next season, because his stuff certainly profiles as an ace. 

I wouldn't say slim to none but I wouldn't go too far above that. It all comes down to the years. If he opts out and wants seven years, IDK if the Yankees will go that far. In the same sense, I doubt Texas will go that far as well but if they feel like they'll lose CJ I can see it. Texas is about to be in the same breath as NY, Boston, Chicago in terms of money they can shell out.

I wouldn't say slim to none but I wouldn't go too far above that. It all comes down to the years. If he opts out and wants seven years, IDK if the Yankees will go that far. In the same sense, I doubt Texas will go that far as well but if they feel like they'll lose CJ I can see it. Texas is about to be in the same breath as NY, Boston, Chicago in terms of money they can shell out.

The cable money kicks in soon, but i don't remember if it's 2012 or '13...

There's been a ton of whispers around here lately that Nolan told people if they felt like they absolutely needed it, they could've shelled out the money to both keep Lee here AND bring in Beltre... They made an offer they felt comfortable with for Lee and it didn't work out... No biggie.

Almost everyone seems to think they're going to be the high-bidders on Darvish too...

A big-time first baseman could make a lot of sense for this team too, but they've got a lot of guys due big pay hikes through arbitration so who knows how much money they'll actually have. Tough to say.

The cable money kicks in soon, but i don't remember if it's 2012 or '13...

There's been a ton of whispers around here lately that Nolan told people if they felt like they absolutely needed it, they could've shelled out the money to both keep Lee here AND bring in Beltre... They made an offer they felt comfortable with for Lee and it didn't work out... No biggie.

Almost everyone seems to think they're going to be the high-bidders on Darvish too...

A big-time first baseman could make a lot of sense for this team too, but they've got a lot of guys due big pay hikes through arbitration so who knows how much money they'll actually have. Tough to say.

CARDS VS RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, i dont think ive ever seen them play each other.................this is gonna be good.

CARDS VS RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, i dont think ive ever seen them play each other.................this is gonna be good.

Am I mmissing it, or is there no Cards/Rangers WS thread?

I was about to make it, then thought against it since maybe an NTer w/ a dog in the race wantd to make it.

At any rate, good luck to your squad Nowitness, SneakerPro and all the rest of your Rangers fans, and FIRST BORN... ummm... that's the only Cards fan that comes to mind.
laugh.gif
I know there's one dude with the StL cardinal as his avater; just can't think of his name. Pretty sure there's another dude that has the cardinal sitting on a bat.

Anyways, sorry to all the Rangers/Cardinals fans I've forgotten. If you're a true fan, though, you know it, sooooo... yeah.
happy.gif

I'll be pulling for the Rangers.

I was about to make it, then thought against it since maybe an NTer w/ a dog in the race wantd to make it.

At any rate, good luck to your squad Nowitness, SneakerPro and all the rest of your Rangers fans, and FIRST BORN... ummm... that's the only Cards fan that comes to mind.
laugh.gif
I know there's one dude with the StL cardinal as his avater; just can't think of his name. Pretty sure there's another dude that has the cardinal sitting on a bat.

Anyways, sorry to all the Rangers/Cardinals fans I've forgotten. If you're a true fan, though, you know it, sooooo... yeah.
happy.gif

Rooting for the Rangers as well. Wouldn't mind either team winning it though. Didn't see a thread, leave it to one of the NT'ers who is a fan. Or CosmicCanon
laugh.gif

Rooting for the Rangers as well. Wouldn't mind either team winning it though. Didn't see a thread, leave it to one of the NT'ers who is a fan. Or CosmicCanon
laugh.gif

At any rate, good luck to your squad Nowitness, SneakerPro, JapanAir, and all the rest of your Rangers fans, and FIRST BORN... ummm... that's the only Cards fan that comes to mind.
laugh.gif

happy.gif

JapanAir aint no damn Rangers fan. 
laugh.gif

And I was thinking about making a WS thread too, but I wanted to give Nowitness or a real fan of one of the teams a chance to make it.  (who am I kidding, I was hoping to prevent cosmicjinx from making the thread, but I guess we all waited too long.)

At any rate, good luck to your squad Nowitness, SneakerPro, JapanAir, and all the rest of your Rangers fans, and FIRST BORN... ummm... that's the only Cards fan that comes to mind.
laugh.gif

happy.gif

JapanAir aint no damn Rangers fan. 
laugh.gif

And I was thinking about making a WS thread too, but I wanted to give Nowitness or a real fan of one of the teams a chance to make it.  (who am I kidding, I was hoping to prevent cosmicjinx from making the thread, but I guess we all waited too long.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom