2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I've been consumed with other things but......How the hell did I miss Hosmer's strut slash Bat Flip on his SAC-FLY

So Dope! who pissed this man off though?

Don't worry, if someone did that against the Royals, they would cry and complain about them ruining baseball.

Last edited:
took one of the main pieces of the Doc Halladay deal and sent him to NY for a knuckleballer with 2 good seasons to his resume. baseball's brightest.

it's one thing if you make a trade like that in a pennant race or with a win now team, that blue jays team was far from ready to be unloading two of your top 3 prospects for a knuckleballer.

Last edited:
You know what, I'm not even gonna keep getting into it. It's literally all black and white, all hindsight and one bad trade negating a solid line of wins, rebuilding a farm system from bottom 5 to elite and getting rid of albatross contract after albatross contract w/o keeping money on Toronto's books. At the end of the day it's the ******* Blue Jays, they fade away, better for my team.

he got rid of vernon wells and took back reyes, buehrle and now tulo's contracts. idk if that's really an accomplishment.

I mean....it's an awful trade however you put it. No. 1 and No. 3 prospects in the organization (according to MLB.com http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/index.jsp?c_id=tor ) at the time for a knuckleballer.
at the time it was more D'Arnaud than Syndergaard we were more upset about. However looking back, that trade was done after the Marlins trade in which we picked up Buerhle and Josh Johnson.

With Dickey complimenting the two, if things would have gone like how it was supposed to, that would have been a good 1-2-3 punch. Of course Josh Johnson didn't pan out, and he was already damaged goods, but as a GM, you take those chances.

[quote name="d3simet"]ESPN Stats & Info Verified account  ‏@ESPNStatsInfo · 27m27 minutes ago
Don Mattingly reportedly has been hired as manager of Marlins, whose payroll doesn’t measure up to the Dodgers’

[/quote]I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately, but salary means VERY LITTLE in terms of talent.

I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately, but salary means VERY LITTLE in terms of talent.

most of that salary is from taking bad contracts to pick up decent players or buyouts for overpaid crap, cleaning up the old regimes mistakes

I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately, but salary means VERY LITTLE in terms of talent.

True but it does give certain teams a nice cushion from bad contracts vs smaller teams who's margin for error is much smaller

I hope they can the whole staff and the Nats can hire their hitting coach :nerd:

I feel pretty certain at this point Hitting coaches don't mean anything.:lol:

we've gone through so many hitting coaches, half the players like one hitting coach half the player don't like another.

I think some coaches mesh well with certain guys, but I think their is no way of predicting who will have this effect. Dwayne Murphy alleged helped turn Jose into a 50 HR hitter, but also almost destroyed Aaron Hills career.

You can have the Jays hitting coach but I wouldn't expect anything to change.

Last edited:
I think that depends on if you have players willing to learn and listen or guys with big egos that you can't tell anything aka Jayson Werth.

You gotta be a special kind of special to think he was trying to hit him. :lol:

Down 0-2 to a SPEEDY Royals team and you're going to start the game off w/ a HBP on the first pitch? :lol: Nah, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom