2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also had the 28th overall as well. That was the pick attached to the potential Fowler signing.
You got the 28th pick as compensation for Chen signing in Seattle. You would've kept that pick regardless of Fowler signing with y'all. I think you would've lost a 2nd rounder if you signed Fowler but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The cost of sticking to your guns

The range of picks for QO compensation in this year's draft runs from 25th-34th. If the O's are better in 2016, they'll pick a little lower. So would it have been so bad to set up a possible scenario where the O's give up pick #28 in 2016, but get either a year of Fowler for $10-13 million plus a low-30s draft pick in 2017, or two years of Fowler for $27-30 million?

Pick was attached to Fowler.

Link

someone brought this up in another article (a manager i think), but doesnt eliminating the neighborhood play negate slide reform rules? whats the point of eliminating excessive takeout slides if the infielder has to get in the way of the runner to touch the bag? :lol:

Last edited:
Wild Card: Pirates
Wild Card: Dodgers

NL West: Giants
NL Central: Cubs
NL East: Mets

Wild Card: Astros (wish this was the A's)
Wild Card: Tigers

AL West: Rangers
AL Central: Royals
AL East: Blue Jays

I'm hyped for the season to get going, but I'm not ready to predict yet :lol: .

AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Royals
AL West: Rangers

Wild Card: White Sox
Wild Card: Tigers

MVP: Mike Trout
Cy Young: Chris Sale
ROY: Jose Berrios

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Giants

Wild Card: Cardinals
Wild Card: Pirates

MVP: Anthony Rizzo
CY Young: Clayton Kershaw
ROY: Tyler Glasnow

World Series: Mets vs Rangers

Father/Son Cooperstown trip :pimp: if y'all can, do it. Always wanted to go with my pops, but he was always too busy working, even to this day :lol:

Father/Son Cooperstown trip :pimp: if y'all can, do it. Always wanted to go with my pops, but he was always too busy working, even to this day :lol:

I just gotta find out the specifics in terms of the ceremony, but also actual HOF touring that weekend/day. Unfortunately with my dad's current health it may be tough to go for a whole weekend so if I could get both done in one day and just come home later at night I'm with it.

Father/Son Cooperstown trip
pimp.gif
if y'all can, do it. Always wanted to go with my pops, but he was always too busy working, even to this day
laugh.gif
THIS 

Someday tho man 

Anyone else go to Cooperstown Dreams Park with their baseball team when they were younger? I swear that was the best week of my life. we got smoked every game but it was so damn fun :lol:

my little bro's team is going this August so i'll be watching from the stands this time

I went when Kirby Puckett was inducted with my family. I was only 13 at the time, so much different, but I'm strongly considering going up for Griffey.

Just a heads up, book your hotel NOW...don't wait, though it might be too late already.

i'm definitely gonna be there when Jeter's inducted :pimp:

don't care if i have to go alone, no chance i miss that

That don't sound right.

We are out our first and second this year for Lackey-Heyward.

Last edited:
I just don't think it would make sense for a team to lose a compensation pick for signing a player who had a QO attached to them. The compensation pick for another player leaving your team has nothing to do with the new player coming in. Maybe you move back a couple of spots, but I don't think it'd make sense to take the pick away.

That's how the system works tho.

In fact, IF Fowler did join Balt, we would gain a comp pick after Rd 1, but lose it for Heyward, and gain our 2nd Rd pick back.

So we'd lose our #1 for Lackey
And comp for Heyward.

Fowler stays, no comp pick, so it slides to 2nd rd.

It attaches to whenever your first two picks are. (Minus top 10 protection)

Last edited:
I won four field box tickets to any Houston Astros home game. Is anyone interested in purchasing a ticket. Will I be able to sell these tickets for decent $$$??

That's how the system works tho.

In fact, IF Fowler did join Balt, we would gain a comp pick after Rd 1, but lose it for Heyward, and gain our 2nd Rd pick back.

So we'd lose our #1 for Lackey
And comp for Heyward.

Fowler stays, no comp pick, so it slides to 2nd rd.

It attaches to whenever your first two picks are. (Minus top 10 protection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom