2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's how the system works tho.

In fact, IF Fowler did join Balt, we would gain a comp pick after Rd 1, but lose it for Heyward, and gain our 2nd Rd pick back.

So we'd lose our #1 for Lackey
And comp for Heyward.

Fowler stays, no comp pick, so it slides to 2nd rd.

It attaches to whenever your first two picks are. (Minus top 10 protection)
Okay, at least I can follow that. I still don't think that makes sense. They need to change the QO system.

Should be more like the football system. Where the team that signs a player doesn't lose a pick, but the team that lost the player based on contract length/AAV gets a pick at the end of a specific round.

Or you could do it where the team that lost a player gets your pick for whatever round, and the team that signs a player moves to the end of the round.

Currently right now the QO is nonsense. It helps clubs who are unwilling to spend, as if there is not already enough to help them out for not spending, and unless you're an All Star impacts your ability to get a good contract, or a contract offer at all.

I remember Stephen Drew's last year on the Sox got a QO. He declined it, and got 0 contract offers and sat out half a season, hoping a team would sign him then, only to go back to Sox

Last edited:
I wasn't against Houston bringing him in to push Valbuena at 3rd but what fall for the 100 million man

:x

Valbuena and Marwin are a very solid platoon at third.

I'm interesting to see if Marwin takes another step forward cause he looked like a completely different hitter towards the end of last year. It looks like hes really changed his swing. For someone reason, I'm optimistic about him :lol:

Last edited:
spring training games this week :pimp:

henry owens to get the grapefruit league opener for us...big things this year :pimp:

Only way sox win the division is if Owens and e rod take the next step.

at least one of em has to show us something, right? right??? :lol:

my expectations for this year are higher than they probably should be at this point. i don't know why. i think moneyball being on FX has me hyped for baseball in general. even though it's not a great movie to most people, i liked it

I think Eduardo Rodriguez has a big season. Owens prob shows flashes but pitches to a low 4 high 3 era. Both should be good in the long run though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom