2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
It's ok...if there's one team rather than the A's I would want to win the AL West, it would be the Mariners. Rangers, Angels, Astros 
sick.gif

Excited for Saturday. Yu the man will be back! Hope he can stay healthy this time around

Wtf is Harvey doing man? He continues to piss me off with his mid innings this year
Beginning to look more and more like a lost season for "Dark Knight." Truly don't believe a DL stint will correct the issues we've seen on the mound. Decreased FB velocity and overall command of the pitch, altered delivery, fading in middle innings. Very problematic.

Excited for Saturday. Yu the man will be back! Hope he can stay healthy this time around
Makes two of us. Betting the farm on Yu. Bold prediction: Darvish pitches as well as Kersh, Arrieta, Sale ROS. Although I've considered Texas will manage his pitches/innings for a postseason run. Rangers will ultimately wrangle the division away, unfortunately for Mariners supporters.

Harvey is a mess. Done innings he has an inverted arm action some innings he's reaching straight back. He needs to figure **** out and learn how to pitch.

Them Yankee bats :pimp: shout out to Bel-tran. Almost don't even want A-Rod rushed back.

Details On Carlos Beltran’s No-Trade Clause

Yankees outfielder Carlos Beltran can block trades to 15 clubs under the terms of his limited no-trade clause, according to ESPN.com’s Buster Olney, who explores the possibility of a deal involving the veteran. Among the teams to which Beltran could be dealt without consent are the Indians, Nationals, Royals, Cardinals, Rays, Tigers, and Dodgers, per the report.

Of course, it’s far from clear whether New York will end up entertaining such a move. The club has moved back to within striking distance in the AL East already, and there’s plenty of time left before the deadline.

Parting with Beltran wouldn’t necessarily mean abandoning hope for the present season, Olney suggests. Shipping him out would free up opportunities for highly-regarded young players such as Aaron Hicks and Aaron Judge. They could be expected to provide value now while helping prepare for bigger roles in 2017 and beyond.

It’s fair to wonder just how much trade value Beltran would carry. On the one hand, he recently turned 39 and is a subpar outfielder (especially if one credits Defensive Runs Saved). On the other, he’s a highly respected veteran who is currently running out a productive .274/.299/.522 batting line, largely matching his overall production levels from last season (about 20% above league average).

Salary will certainly play a role, too, as Beltran is owed a healthy $15MM this season before reaching free agency at year’s end. Whether or not the market is receptive to that overall package remains to be seen, but presumably the Yankees won’t make a move unless they receive some kind of interesting return (barring a full-blown collapse in the next two months). That’s especially true given the uncertainty of Hicks and Judge as well as the fact that aging sluggers Mark Teixeira and Alex Rodriguez come with their own blend of health, age, and performance questions.

Harvey is a mess. Done innings he has an inverted arm action some innings he's reaching straight back. He needs to figure **** out and learn how to pitch.

He'll get it back together, watch.

Not happening.

I really think at this point it's all mental that is affecting his mechanics. Trying to go after the Nats again just 5 days later was daunting for his morale and it backfired.

Last edited:
Leonys Martin has more HRs than any player on the Rangers.
Leonys Martin has a higher wRC+ than any regular on the Rangers.

Speaking of putting it together [emoji]128064[/emoji]
Dipoto :pimp:

Last edited:
Harvey is making his next start wtf man

Collins is freaking soft

Beginning to look more and more like a lost season for "Dark Knight." Truly don't believe a DL stint will correct the issues we've seen on the mound. Decreased FB velocity and overall command of the pitch, altered delivery, fading in middle innings. Very problematic.

Velocity is still there but it has no effect. Harvey's mechanic looks awkward when he releases the ball. It's like he tries not to get hurt by pitching. HIs control is totally awful :smh:

Last edited:
There is no sure fire way to resolve Harveys issues. Collins feels like his route will be the answer. Personally, I think Harvey should back to the Minor Leagues for a few weeks. Its still early enough in the season.

There is no sure fire way to resolve Harveys issues. Collins feels like his route will be the answer. Personally, I think Harvey should back to the Minor Leagues for a few weeks. Its still early enough in the season.

yall can trade him for Nori Aoki :nerd:

We dont need another outfielder tho.

On another note, Matz is 3 outs away from a complete game shutout vs the Nats
:smokin

Fine, yall can have Adam Lind

In other news, the Yankees rotation has been pretty damn good the last week or so :nerd:

CC, Eovaldi, & Nova have really stepped up :smokin

Last edited:

Fine, yall can have Adam Lind
Just looked up his numbers, no thanks.

Harvey went from the only face of that rotation to the weakest link.
Oh how the mighty have fallen. :smh:

Great start by Steven Matz today.
Hopefully Harvey was taking notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom