2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well weiters ain't playin but he got voted ...who are the other 2 ?

they got in but not starting ...

Last edited:
well weiters ain't playin but he got voted ...who are the other 2 ?

they got in but not starting ...

Cubs only All-Star not even on their roster anymore :lol:

Rafael Soriano should be an All-Star, oh well.

Couple pages late...

But, NL MVP is gonna be a loaded race again. I won't give Tulo the satisfaction of a first plate vote (or dignifying those stupid comments by him or Cargo about being tired of losing and not wanting to be Larry Walker Todd Helton, at least that mother ****** learned how to hit outside of Coors. They couldn't carry his jock strap) but between him, Lucroy, Stanton, Cutch again, Gomez and Frazier...that'll be a fun race to watch. Right now, I'd say:

AL MVP - Trout, Bats, Gordon
AL CY - Felix with Lester and Darvish distant
NL MVP - Cutch, Lucroy, Tulo
NL CY - Kershaw with Wainwright and Cueto distant

Why are Cueto and Wainwright distant? Kershaw has been pitching out if his mind as of late, but he missed time and the other two, primarily Cueto have been spectacular.

You know fans in the la/NYC market will always lift their players wayyyyy above others

:lol: I hope that's not directed towards me, anyone in here will tell you I'm the last person that'll do anything like that :lol:

I would have Cueto third. Missing time I'll give you that, he's already racked up more value than either of them so far this year. What Kershaw is doing so far this year is almost unmatched in this stretch of starts. You're talking about a guy who has an elite K per 9 at almost 12 while still getting sinker ball type GB% type numbers with a shoddy infield defense behind him and a pretty bad OF defense as well. And the guy is still limiting runs at a historic rate. These are some other worldly stats he's been putting up. I'll give a guy like Kershaw the benefit of the doubt that if he had ~120 IP, his numbers would not be that different. You put their numbers side by side and you cannot tell me Cueto and Wainwright have done anything better this year than stay healthy or in Wainwright's case, limit HR's a little bit more.

Does anybody care about the all star game? Still think it's stupid that it decides home field

Last edited:
Anthony Rendon > Matt Carpenter and Josh Harrison.

Harrison making the team is kind of a joke.

^ Nope. But with Matheny managing I saw that coming from a mile away. Still don't understand Josh Harrison being on the roster. Especially if you're trying to win to get home field advantage.

The AL is STACKED with pitchers to have Kluber, Sale and Richards in the final vote. This "every team needs a representative" is ******* the game up again :lol:

I don't think Posey is having an all star season. He has played great these last 2 weeks

He's doing better than Molina offensively and Mesoraco has missed too much time. It's ok though, I would prefer Buster getting rest. His stats are similar to the first half of 2012 meaning Buster is about to break out and win NL MVP while leading the Giants to another World Series victory.

I don't think Posey is having an all star season. He has played great these last 2 weeks

He's doing better than Molina offensively and Mesoraco has missed too much time. It's ok though, I would prefer Buster getting rest. His stats are similar to the first half of 2012 meaning Buster is about to break out and win NL MVP while leading the Giants to another World Series victory.

I don't want to talk about World Series in July. I want to win the West and make the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom