2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

He's 27 and would be going to a team 2 years away from being another 2 years... Why throw yourself into purgatory, with teenagers nonetheless
The Heat and Mavs aren't even years away from being 2 years away.  The dude is going to waste his prime with a bunch of washed up old stars.

The Heat and Mavs aren't even years away from being 2 years away.  The dude is going to waste his prime with a bunch of washed up old stars.

I am curious to hear why someone thinks Miami is so such more of a better situation going forward. It's the same exact risk if you ask me.

LA is selling you on playing with Russell, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson and HOPE that those play up to their potential sooner than later while they lure another vet FA.

Miami is selling you on 35 year old Wade, Bosh who's career is in danger, 30 yr old Dragic and Winslow/Richardson. With the hope you attract some big FAs as well.

What's really the difference in those situations? They both hinge on a lot of IFs and this is a 27 year old who has another 3-5 yrs max of playing at his absolute maximum physical potential.

Last edited:

Those teams right now could be perceivably better than that Lakers core ever(italicize) be, why waste your final prime seasons on a near lottery waiting for them to develop? For fun?

27 is not young, especially for big men

Those teams right now could be perceivably better than that Lakers core ever(italicize) be, why waste your final prime seasons on a near lottery waiting for them to develop? For fun?

27 is not young, especially for big men
In this past year maybe.  In 2 years down the line when Dwade is 37, bosh is in medical retirement, and dragic is 32 trying to keep up with 20 somethings at pg it wont even be a comparison.

Yeah. All I was saying is nobody has crazy expectations for Whiteside. Whatever team he goes to.

Define "crazy". After getting a deal for $100 million, there will certainly be expectation for him to go to the next level. Especially at 27 in his prime athletic years.

but no...certainly nobody will expect him to be Shaq, Wilt or Kareem. They WILL expect him to be an all star, and rightfully so

"Crazy" is what I was responding to. "Wilt" "Shaq". "Return them to glory"

I dont see him jumping to no next level. I expect 15-16, 11-13 and some blocks from Whiteside. 100 million deal ain't what it used to be. Anybody that can produce is getting big money now. I like what Whiteside brings but dude 27, he ain't turning into a great big man.

In this past year maybe.  In 2 years down the line when Dwade is 37, bosh is in medical retirement, and dragic is 32 trying to keep up with 20 somethings at pg it wont even be a comparison.

With our young guys/assets, it's still perceivably the better option. Bosh retires and we have a load of cap space, if he doesn't and he plays we still have a perrenial all star and assets

Gambling on Lakers at his age, tough sale

Lebetard was saying this morning that Horford really likes Miami and is willing to help Riley and compromise if needed which leads him to believe Horford may be priority over Hassan. I don't really like it but stuff hits the fan sometimes and I'll be Happy for Hassan either way. Dude came from the bottom, the entire bottom; D-league to max contract

Saloot.

giphy.gif

but but but the lakers have all that cap space.. and kobe's retired now!

at least they have an under the table deal with westbrook

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom