2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Sixers won't match a max deal on Nerlens because eventually they will be handicapped with having to pay Jahlil/Saric/Simmons/Embiid, I also expect them to overpay Barnes any day now.

A top 3 pick in a better draft isn't going to help the team but Mozgov is?

I'm sorry but that's just objectively wrong. :lol:

Yea keeping the pick got them Brandon Ingram, don't see how that is nothing considering you just said he's untouchable.

And I think you're wrong about having to give up Russell or Ingram for Boogie, the Kings will be out of bargaining chips by then.

You probably have to give up Randle, Nance + 2018 unprotected 1st.

And if they do. Or if they trade him.... Then you wasted a year, just waiting for the idea of Noel. It would be like if a team waited 12 months to go after Bradley Beal today.

What I'm saying is that you eventually have to pay Randle, Russell & Ingram. In B2B2B years. Simply punting year after year, and being terrible year after year, and getting spurned by FAs, and not getting meetings while you have the opportunity to sign them with Rookie Deals is worse.

Also part of progressing young players, is trying to put pieces around them to improve. Just assuming hey let's let them do it all themselves is foolhardy. Especially when by the time they're good, you now are paying all of them in max deals.

A signing like Mozgov is to help the young guys improve the team to Hopefully get the guys they want to look their way. How much it helps, is likely not too much. You have to start trying to improve the team to take the first step. The idea of keep pushing salary cap space year after year is worth nothing to guys.

And Ingram became nothing in the sense of trying to put a winning team around them while they are still young with Whiteside's or KD's or Horford's.

And if the Kings are out of bargaining chips by THIS trade deadline. Randle + Nance Jr likely is not enough, especially with them being in division. Celtics could still offer a "better" package with picks. It would have to include one of Russell and Ingram, and again, that's a no from me. Even if it is just one of them.

And you could always group Mozgov in with that group that you proposed. It's the Kings first of all, and second they'd be under pressure to get everything they can for him. Any possible talent

Last edited:
And if y'all think these deals are crazy...

They projecting next year's salary cap to be at 110M. It wont even be close to that.

It'll be at least 130M.

**** is going all the way up word to joe and remy ma

Jarrett Jack is awful. Had to watch him start for way too long. He did say that he wasn't laughing at Lin though. Not that he's telling the truth but blatant disrespect would be standing by it.

Can't believe some of these deals. Noah gets 70 million at midnight. Derozan gets 30m per year for being useless in the playoffs. Batum gets 30m at his age? This isn't even about the cap jump anymore. Teams are just going crazy.

Yea it really isn't about the cap jump at all, all of these would be terrible deals with the old #'s too.

Originally Posted by JJs07  

Guys can overcome health problems. Steph Curry comes to mind.

Also, that minutes cap was at 35...
While Beal's injury history is a long one, a person with knowledge of the situation told CSN a few weeks ago that number will be 35 minutes.
Link

He played about 31mpg, which was about the same as guys like Kyrie Irving, Love, Aldridge, etc.

I'm not concerned with the minutes cap the team came up with. He's just got to stay on the floor. The Bradley Beal we saw in the playoffs 2 years ago was dynamic. I just hope that he can get to that level on a consistent basis. As I said before, this was a good gamble to take to give him the max.
I'm with you 100% on the Wizards maxing out Beal because it's the best option for them as of right now. You could make a strong argument on it being a necessary move.

But had this been flipped and Beal been on the Knicks, there's no way you'd have this half-glass full optimistic outlook bruh. Would've been the EXACT opposite approach.
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Magic. :lol:

Not that bad of a deal though, DJ isn't a bad offensive back up PG.

Last edited:
Would ya'll rather have DJ Augustin, CJ Watson and Jodie Meeks OR Tobias Harris?

Asking for a friend franchise.

I really hate the Sixers man.

Noel and Simmons is perfect for todays NBA. Trade Okafor already, keep Embiid for a back up role. Its not rocket science.

Last edited:
And if y'all think these deals are crazy...

They projecting next year's salary cap to be at 110M. It wont even be close to that.

It'll be at least 130M.

**** is going all the way up word to joe and remy ma

Any team willing to go into the luxury tax can make a crazy team if they are smart enough.

I have no doubt the Warriors will add another elite player within the next 2 years, just a question of who.

Last edited:
Jodie meeks, ibaka, DJ augustine (who I just saw the other day :lol: )

Who are the magic trying to be? Like what kind of team are they building? If everything breaks right they're like the 11th or 12th seed out east

Brad Beal was injured all the time in High School, College and the Pros.

I think the smart money is on that continuing.

Any team willing to go into the luxury tax can make a crazy team if they are smart enough.

I have no doubt the Warriors will add another elite player within the next 2 years, just a question of who.

Man its coming. The warriors are willing to do it and it may be KD next summer, not this summer.

Teams are going to be throwing bags just to reach the salary floor. 110M is such a conservative outlook on the cap next year

Brad Beal was injured all the time in High School, College and the Pros.

I think the smart money is on that continuing.

AT EVERY LEVEL, EVERY YEAR starting late in his HS career.

That contract going to look wild when plays 210 games over the next 4 years.

Me too. Except AR. There's got to be a sleeper out there.

Ehhh Idk man, for 8M he looks like he would be a great back up pg for NY who could start some games. He was great as a starter for LAC.

If y'all get the Austin Rivers LAC got since xmas, (which is very plausible) then thats a very good deal for a backup pg in today's market.

Market heating up for Wade.

Multiple teams offering multi year max/near max deals.

Don't see him taking less again unless Riley starts letting him drink some of that fresh children's blood that keeps him going.

Clippers, Knicks, Charlotte, or Atlanta would be great for Wade to compete.

Could you imagine Wade and Da White going to Atlanta?

Last edited:
Jodie meeks, ibaka, DJ augustine (who I just saw the other day :lol: )

Who are the magic trying to be? Like what kind of team are they building? If everything breaks right they're like the 11th or 12th seed out east

Free my guy Super Mario.

Ehhh Idk man, for 8M he looks like he would be a great back up pg for NY who could start some games. He was great as a starter for LAC.

If y'all get the Austin Rivers LAC got since xmas, (which is very plausible) then thats a very good deal for a backup pg in today's market.

Austin needs to fire his agent if he only gets 8 mil a year.

Back
Top Bottom