2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Never thought he'd fail but the hype he was getting was always a bit excessive to say the least

Of course he didn't deserve Lebron-type hype. But, he started out his rookie campaign averaging 23ppg in the first month after being hyped up in HS and college. Any other rookie doing that, people would automatically assume he was a superstar in the making.

Pacers lineup looks like this:

PG: Teague/ Lawson
SG: Monta/ Stucky
SF: PG/ CJ Miles
PF: Thad/ Levoy/ Jordan Hill
C: Miles/ Big Al

That's some crazy depth.

Even though it's an upgrade from last year...it's still not a scary team...they are one star and good coach away from contention.

Last edited:
In 2014 tmz reported that OJ stiffed a airline 19k who took him on a flight. They complained he was using narcotics and put everyone in danger. I figure he was smoking something more than weed

Y'all just trying to sound too smart now :lol:. OJ wasn't THAT unatheltic. He was in the James Harden realm of athlete. Maybe even slightly better.

The first half of his season in Dallas a few years ago was crazy. He was averaging like 18ppg and shooting 44% from 3.....then it all went down hill.
Again he wasn't elite at any particular skill set and didn't have elite iq. He was a solid athlete at best solid all around player. Nothing elite about the guy but solid all around

Last edited:
Wut

We'll see about that

All this hype over al jefe? Not seeing it

Pacers lineup looks like this:

PG: Teague/ Lawson
SG: Monta/ Stucky
SF: PG/ CJ Miles
PF: Thad/ Levoy
C: Miles/ Big Al

Even though it's an upgrade from last year...it's still not a scary team...they are one star and good coach away from contention.

Thank you. Knicks might even be better low key

Last edited:
Iggy showed up at the KD meeting too.

Ok I see you

warriors need to manage their minutes carefully this season

thats what probably honestly contributed to their doom the most

they were too busy chasing records and ran their knees into mud

i know it sounds funny because they are young but two seasons back to back finals and as the series went on they were getting worse

especially if they keep barnes cuz he and klay are also playing in the olympics

they really do need kd cuz its gonna be harder this tear to get back to the finals

Lebron played 4o minutes a night all Season though :nerd:

Y'all just trying to sound too smart now :lol:. OJ wasn't THAT unatheltic. He was in the James Harden realm of athlete. Maybe even slightly better.

The first half of his season in Dallas a few years ago was crazy. He was averaging like 18ppg and shooting 44% from 3.....then it all went down hill.

Nah he is not in the harden realm of athleticism.

Harden much bigger and stronger than OJ, which is part of being an athlete. OJ's biggest issue to me was that he couldnt beat anyone off the dribble and get to the free throw line, which was never a problem for harden.

Even in stretches of his career where he was great, it was a lot of hot shooting that wasnt sustainable.

waiting for the next two-sport athlete. dudes out here getting paid in all sports

Man I'm not even into making fun of dudes significant others but my guy Payne must have found a GREAT personality in her.

She probably held him down while he was in college. Same situation as Julis Randle chick I think. I respect it tho

Lebron played 4o minutes a night all Season though :nerd:

and got tons of rest during the playoffs because the garbage east teams wanted to all play game 7's

after every series the cavs got hella days to reast

Last edited:
[h1]"Chipotle executive making $4.3 million a year is indicted in huge NYC cocaine bust"[/h1]
WHAT THE ****. Whenever you get to the point where your salary is abbreviated with an M, it's time to put down the sugar and hire someone to kick your *** whenever you try to do so. 

Last edited:

@KBergCBS Not that there's a good time to get banned for drug abuse, but this is the worst time. One team exec says Mayo cost himself $30-$40M.
sick.gif
Ain't enough soap in the world to wash his face.
roll.gif

Idk Knicks depending on broken down players to help them not miss the playoffs like they did last year, the same year pacers made the playoffs.. Indy has improved from last year..

Monta Jefferson and basically Lawson are broke down too. The teams are comparable in terms of having washed but name players on the roster. I think zinger and rose are > their Indy counterparts, if only slightly

[h1]"Chipotle executive making $4.3 million a year is indicted in huge NYC cocaine bust"[/h1]

WHAT THE ****. Whenever you get to the point where your salary is abbreviated with an M, it's time to put down the sugar and hire someone to kick your *** whenever you try to do so. 

The money is what makes it easier to acquire

The money is what makes it easier to acquire
money = boredom

dudes need a thrill

Back
Top Bottom