2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Naw, I agree his game would be a great fit with the Warriors but man i just can't get over his attitude. He has a piss poor attitude. However, I guess with all that said, if he can maintain it and control it like how Sheed did in Detroit, it could work.

Guarantee Draymond does what he does on a Losing team he's called a cancer, He does it on a winning squad he's the emotional leader etc etc. Media just writes up the narrative and people buy it. Og course he's judgemental and vocal about coaches & the ORG they have legitimately changed coaches every year, wasted EVERY lottery pick except for WCS , And ownership is horrid. As a Good ball player and someone who's passionate about the game he's gonna get emotional.

Yea nobody is even talking about how they nabbed Sabonis who has a bunch of potential himself.

He's as strong as an ox and will only get better on the "modern medicine" in the NBA. He was the second best post up player in nation last year, a top 5 rebounder in the nation and the kid shoots 82% from line which shows the potential for his jumper. He runs the floor with power and has no problem dunking over guys his own size and smaller.

Biggest thing that comes off watching him, he's just not scared of anybody and he encourages contact. That type of physicality can't be taught, you either have or you don't, he will be getting double doubles off the bench from day 1.

His really only downside which is surprising considering his genetics is his lateral movement on defense switching PnR. He's a smart defender but just doesn't have the quickness to guard perimeter players.

That's still something he can work on though and now that he's on such a great team playing against great players in practice, he will improve quickly just like he did at Gonzaga.

He and Kanter off the bench. :x :x :x

OKC is looking SCARY.

Like I said 2017 champs, this move + what they can do in FA makes them better than every other team IMO.

No other team has two players as good as Westbrook and KD let alone a young, athletic and deep supporting cast.

Free Mitch McGary.

OKC still needs some shooting so I don't think this move puts them over GSW but GSW is more than likely the team they're chasing now

[thread="650415"]2016 Official Nba Off Season Thread Congrats To The Cavs Draft 6 23/1080#post_26073493​[/thread]
[thread="650415"]2016 Official Nba Off Season Thread Congrats To The Cavs Draft 6 23/1080#post_26073493​[/thread]
your pops an okc fan too?
Oklahoma everything in the Love household bruv.. O State is the College team but we pull for Sooners when not paired against them.

Oklahoma ate this year too, in everything.

NBA -WCF

NCAA mens- Final 4 (Sooners)

NCAA Ftball- Sugar Bowl ( O State)

NCAA ftball- Final 4 Playoff (Sooners)

NCAA baseball CWS final four (O State) Still playing might win it all

NCAA softball- World Champs

Sabonis has decent potential. He's pretty stiff but has nice awareness and footwork. He's sort of like a more skilled Tyler hansborough. Sabonis is very temperamental

I feel like Valentine would have been a better selection but i get it since they got rid of serge

Last edited:

[thread="650415"]​[/thread]
your pops an okc fan too?
Oklahoma everything in the Love household bruv.. O State is the College team but we pull for Sooners when not paired against them.

Oklahoma ate this year too, in everything.

NBA -WCF
NCAA mens- Final 4 (Sooners)
NCAA Ftball- Sugar Bowl ( O State)
NCAA ftball- Final 4 Playoff (Sooners)
NCAA baseball CWS final four (O State) Still playing might win it all
NCAA softball- World Champs

Lit af. :smokin

OKC still needs some shooting so I don't think this move puts them over GSW but GSW is more than likely the team they're chasing now

Ryan Anderson is very possible.

Russ
Vic
KD
Anderson
Adams

Roberson
Kanter
Sabonis
2016 FA

Off the bench

Also ready to play with anybody in the league right now.

Just not seeing it with Dipo. Common sense says you don't surround two ball dominant perimeter players with another perimeter player who often struggles from 3.

Yes, he can do a lot with the ball in his hands... But there's only 1 ball.

They'll be fun to watch defensively though.

Id hope another move is coming.

Ryan Anderson is very possible.

Russ
Vic
KD
Anderson
Adams

Roberson
Kanter
Sabonis
2016 FA

Off the bench

Also ready to play with anybody in the league right now.

Hopefully payne factors in there.. but ryan anderson would be a good look, which why i could see ersan having small role

Hopefully the rook comes along or shows something, since he looks pretty nba ready

Just not seeing it with Dipo. Common sense says you don't surround two ball dominant perimeter players with another perimeter player who often struggles from 3.

It worked once with Harden.

Who knows, they might not even start him. Oladipo would be okay with whatever they want, I believe he comes off the bench, for sure.

Last edited:

With the way Billy/Russ were setting up Roberson for easy buckets, Oladipo could do that and more.

He's in the 80th percentile in scoring off cuts, transition and ISO scoring, he gives them a 3rd guy that can create offense at any time.

He also was in the 65th percentile in spotting up/catch and shoot.

He can run with the second unit as a primary ballhandler and you can pair him with Morrow/Kanter which you couldn't do before either.

Idk how you could watch OKC and not see how much they needed that, Roberson is amazing defensively but couldn't do anything off the dribble and couldn't score off the catch until the playoffs.

It worked once with Harden.

Who knows, they might not even start him. Oladipo would be okay with whatever they want, I believe he comes off the bench, for sure.
Harden also shot 39% from deep on high volume.

Last edited:
Man trade rumours this year have been straight up ridiculous. More than previous years.

Wizards offering Noah a full max deal :lol:
Noel + Covington + filler for Teague
Noel + Covington + 2 first rounders for Celtics #3

There were more but I have no time to write out the rest. Plain stupid.

haha at a max Noah offer , water u doing NBA GMs

Ainge should just max Biyombo x Barnes now
Just read about Noah getting the max lol...I should start working out and try and hop on a squad.  I'm 5'8'', skinny, 32, can shoot, haven't seen the paint in like 5 years, and can't guard anyone.  That has to be good for something lol.  

idk about yall but i felt exhausted and fatigued when the season finally ended

but now

I'm soooo ready for hoops to be back bros. It hasnt even been a week and I'm fiending. Especially after the moves. I can't wait to see what guys do next season.

Okc made a chess move. If they can add a shooter lawd rip

With the way Billy/Russ were setting up Roberson for easy buckets, Oladipo could do that and more.

He's in the 80th percentile in scoring off cuts, transition and ISO scoring, he gives them a 3rd guy that can create offense at any time.

He also was in the 65th percentile in spotting up/catch and shoot.

He can run with the second unit as a primary ballhandler and you can pair him with Morrow/Kanter which you couldn't do before either.

Idk how you could watch OKC and not see how much they needed that, Roberson is amazing defensively but couldn't do anything off the dribble and couldn't score off the catch until the playoffs.
So we're replacing Roberson with him? Where exactly is he playing?

if he's at the 2 then who is checking the 3s? KD? So then who's checking the 4s? Slow *** Ilyasova? Kanter?

Or we go KD at the 4, Roberson at the 3. If we then try to "set up" Oladipo like they did with Roberson, what exactly is Roberson's man going to do be doing in this scenario? Conceding the 3 to Roberson while roaming around & being disruptive right?

Dipo can run with the 2nd unit, but wasn't that the point of staggering KD & Russ's minutes and drafting Payne last year?

Last edited:
 Harden also shot 39% from deep on high volume.
They don't need a 3 and D guy so bad that it negates everything else Oladipo brings.

It's madness to even suggest Oladipo is such a bad 3pt shooter that none of his other tools offset that or losing Ibaka.

OKC is heaps better with Oladipo for an array of reasons, but having to explain or argue for this is like trying to convince an atheist there really is a GOD, wasted words.

Back
Top Bottom