2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I think the Blazers going to have a great season, maybe crack the top 4 seed. Also don't sleep on OKC even without KD, assuming Russ is there.

Blazers were a fluke last year. The west had a mean down year.

I can't remember the last time that 44 wins got you a 5 seed in the west.

I don't see the Blazers being good this year. The Jazz, Grizzlies and Rockets got better.

I don't think they were a fluke, but I do think they overachieved, along with Dallas (who massively overachieved) while other teams underachieved whether due to injuries or just not playing like you thought they would

I thought it was the Matthews deal I didn't like. I'm pretty sure it was Matthews because he was coming off an achilles injury. And the fact they were just going out to sign players because they kept missing out on their targets without any regard to fit :lol: .

I had to check my pokedex cuz you made me start doubting myself :lol:

That contract Parsons is getting from Dallas may end up being on the level of Dampier, Brian Cardinal and others Cuban put on the roster.

Maaaaan.  I been tellin people.  They just picked up Turner and then Ezeli isn't a monumental signing but he fits with those bigs that they have up there in Portland.  People sleep on this team and that backcourt.  I love Lillard.  He gets a different look in his eye whenever he comes down here to play the Warriors.  

Festus and turner are complete ****

And I thank god everyday the Lakers didn't sign them like rumored

I don't buy Memphis as a top 4 team at all. Aging or injury prone core. New coach. Weak shooting. Their anchor is coming off a serious injury and had already taken a step back

It goes

Warriors Reggie
Clippers Jay-z
Grizzlies 2pac
Spurs And Biggie

I think Houston will be 5th Andre from Outkast
Okc 6th Jada
Portland 7th Kurupt
Minny 8th Nas

Utah might get in at 6 or 7 depending if okc trade russ And then me.

fixed

Last edited:
I had to check my pokedex cuz you made me start doubting myself :lol:

:lol: at least I was right in that regard becasue he kept getting hurt. Then, they try to put him on a team with Rondo and Monta knowing those are two guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective.

I hated Parsons coming out of Houston becasue he torced us a lot and hit them damn 10 3's in a half against us

As of right now with no more seismic player movement...

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Thunder
6. Grizzlies
7/8. Rockets/Wolves

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Thunder
6. Grizzlies
7/8. Rockets/Wolves

The wolves aren't there yet. Hell, a healthy Pelicans team is better than them. There another year or two away. It goes:

1. Warriors

2. Clippers
3. Spurs

4. Grizz (if healthy)
5. Rockets
6. Mavs
7. Jazz
8. Thunder

I disagree. They're ready now. They have the offensive talent to compete every night, just missing that defensive discipline. Enter Thibs. As for New Orleans being better healthy...lol they don't have anyone there to help AD. He's about to enter the KGesque in Minny portion of his career wasting his prime.

The wolves aren't there yet. Hell, a healthy Pelicans team is better than them. There another year or two away. It goes:

1. Warriors

2. Clippers
3. Spurs

4. Grizz (if healthy)
5. Rockets
6. Mavs
7. Jazz
8. Thunder

Damn no blazers at all :lol: im not high on them either.

This is pretty much my list as well.

Wait, The blazers are better than the mavs. I would switch that.

Last edited:
I'd easily take the Jazz over the Grizz. The past 2 seasons they've been really good when healthy. Exum and Hill are giant upgrades at point. They added depth with Joe and Diaw. All their young guys are going to make some improvements. Team has a ton of potential.

Anthony Bennett to the Nets. I hope he works hard and can stay in the league. Always thought he had potential... plus he looks to be getting in better shape... If Whiteside can do a 180 I don't see why AB can't...

I think this is Bennett;s last chance. Good thing for him, Nets gave others on their last legs a chance and they turned out fine (Gerald Green, Humphries, Livingston etc)

IMO the T-Wolves are better than the Jazz
Not yet, but I don't see the Jazz making this huge leap either. They're a solid 6th-7th seed IMO.

Battle of the current NBA darlings.
laugh.gif

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Thunder
6. Grizzlies
7/8. Rockets/Wolves

1. Warriors

2. Clippers
3. Spurs

4. Grizz (if healthy)
5. Rockets
6. Mavs
7. Jazz
8. Thunder

Wolves are most certainly ready to compete for a playoff spot. Their team the second half of the season was leaps and bounds better than the AARP squad they rolled with most of the time during the first half of the season. I'm not saying they're a shoe-in, but I'd be shocked if their not battling for a spot on the bottom half of the playoff picture the entire year.

I'm hoping Thibs gives Kris Dunn the keys from the get go. KAT making the AS team.

Back
Top Bottom