2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Is this how you really analyze basketball?

So and so is better than ____

so that automatically means the team is better. The disparity in these players are not great enough to say the Clippers are heads and shoulders better. Unless Deandre takes some huge leap forward to being a dominant center and the Memphis playrs take a huge step back, its not happening. The last 5 years have proven that.
Ok, so we will do this. 

The Clippers last year 53-29.

The grizzlies last year 42-40.

I think that makes them the better team.

This isn't 3 years ago when ZBO and Marc were in their primes.  Both arent getting any better.

Winning 53 games with injuries is better than winning 42 games with injuries.  There is no debate and pulling up **** from 5 years ago will not predict what will happen next year better than what happened last year.  If that were the case, the Lakers would be relevant.

Last edited:
Ok, se we will do this. 

This isn't 3 years ago when ZBO and Marc were in their primes.  Both arent getting any better.

Winning 53 games with injuries is better than winning 42 games with injuries.  There is not debate and pulling up **** from 5 years ago will no predict what will happen next year better than what happened last year.  If that were the case, the Lakers would be relevant.

No, you're still doing it wrong.

Check the facts of who was playing and what Memphis had on the floor.

Outside of Blake, the Clippers remained healthy for the most part. Paul played in 74 games.

Last edited:
No, you're still doing it wrong.

Check the facts of who was playing and what Memphis had on the floor.

Ok, so we will do this. 

Winning 53 games with injuries is better than winning 42 games with injuries.  There is no debate and pulling up **** from 5 years ago will not predict what will happen next year better than what happened last year.  If that were the case, the Lakers would be relevant.

So, you're really trying to debate with me the Clippers being better based on what happened last season? :lol:

@erupt107th

so the difference between a top 4 seed last season and a bottom 2 seed was about 10+ wins. this was Memphis with 29 different players and with a dleague team out there during the 2nd half of the season.

are you willing to bet things will be the same this season with both teams being healthy? this is basically what i'm being told right now. if so, let's bet. if you don't want to use last season to measure since it was a down year in the west, let's use the year before last. difference between a top 4 seed last year and a bottom seed was 10 games as well. 5 games if you look at the 4/5th (Memphis) and Mavs winning 50.

Last edited:
So, you're really trying to debate with me the Clippers being better based on what happened last season?
laugh.gif
Well their is no debate they were better, but yes.

Sure, Marc and Conley missed games, but blake damn near missed 50 games.

Sorry, I will go all the way back to 2012 when Blake was in his second year and DeAndre was just starting to get good to use as my barometer for sucess in 2017 because that makes perfect god damn sense.  

Last edited:

So, you're really trying to debate with me the Clippers being better based on what happened last season?
laugh.gif

Sorry, I will go all the way back to 2012 when Blake was in his second year and DeAndre was just starting to get good to use as my barometer for sucess in 2017 because that makes perfect god damn sense.  
Pretty sure the Clips beat the Grizz in the 2012 playoffs so even then...

No bro :lol:

Marc missed 30 games
Conley missed 26 games
Allen missed 18 games
Wright missed 70 games
ZBo missed 14 games

The 2nd of the season, our rotation featured PJ Hairston, Birdman, Farmar, Xavier Munford along with TA and Zbo on ocassions. You're not going to tell me last season can be measured as a barometer for how much better the Clipps are compared to Memphis :lol: .

The Clippers best 4 out of 5 players played in 90% of their games.

You guys fell for the trolls trap

I swear, NT is the ONLY place I've ever seen people actually talking about the Grizzles. And bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 has every one riding on his hype train :lol:

So, I'm a troll? :lol:

I've never seen you bring anything worth speaking about in this thread.

All I've heard from you is how the Knicks being considered the laughing stock of the NBA is long gone. You said this right before they gave Noah 4/$72M :lol: .

No bro
laugh.gif

Marc missed 30 games
Conley missed 26 games
Allen missed 18 games
Wright missed 70 games
ZBo missed 14 games

The 2nd of the season, our rotation featured PJ Hairston, Birdman, Farmar, Xavier Munford along with TA and Zbo on ocassions. You're not going to tell me last season can be measured as a barometer for how much better the Clipps are compared to Memphis
laugh.gif

The Clippers best 4 out of 5 players played in 90% of their games.
Do you think ZBO, Marc, and Tony allen are not going to miss games going forward?  For **** sakes, Tony allen is almost 35 and ZBO is 35.  You don't suddenly become less injury prone as you get older.

laugh.gif
at throwing your backup center in there.

^^^^ BHZ...you aren't looking at this objectively at all....

I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing?

Is this what's being stated?

1) The Clipper will be a top 4 seed, while Memphis is a bottom playoff seed in the West?

2) When both teams are healthy, the Clippers are still much better than the Grizz?

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing?

1) The Clipper will be a top 4 seed, while Memphis is a bottom playoff seed in the West?

2) When both teams are healthy, the Clippers are still much better than the Grizz?
Yes and Yes.

Yes being a 3-4 seed vs a 6-8 seed.

Last edited:
I'm baffled we even discuss Memphis at all. Like really? The only reason we should ever discuss them is to laugh at the Conley and Parsons signing. THAT IS IT.

Memphis in that area you don't want to be in. Good enough to not get a good pick.

Memphis wishes they were in Miami's shoes.........

ALL OF THIS.

I think 99.99999999999999% of anyone with a brain will say this statement is true.

back to this again :lol:

meanwhile, no one still answered my question as to why the clippers are levels above the grizz. the conversation just went away with no one making a real point.

Because CP3/Blake/DJ is still better than anything the Grizz have.

this times infinity.

cp3>>>>>>>>>>>>conley

Blake>>>>>>>>>??? who is yalls pf?

DJ (at this point, with no injuries in history)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marc

That's why I disagree. Nothing has shown that the Clippers are much better than Memphis when both teams are healthy. Playoff wise or matchup wise. Not even record wise.

Yes, injuries and age is a concern for Memphis. But, then you're starting to talk about things that are unknown going into next season. So, how is this drastic statement I'm making when I'm stating "when both teams are healthy"?

What I'm getting is that people are not basing it off Memphis being injured next year :lol: . They just think the entire team is going to fall off when their best players playing the majority of the season.

Last edited:
Yes, injuries and age is a concern for Memphis. But, then you're starting to talk about things that are unknown going into next season. So, how is this drastic statement I'm making when I'm stating "when both teams are healthy".
Because 3/5 of your starting lineup is like 32 or older.  "Health" issues don't magically get better when you get older and using 5 years ago as a barometer of success for next year is completely unrealistic.  

So, I'm a troll? :lol:

I've never seen you bring anything worth speaking about in this thread.

All I've heard from you is how the Knicks being considered the laughing stock of the NBA is long gone. You said this right before they gave Noah 4/$72M :lol: .
BHZ LETTING OFF SHOTS TODAY. Everybody is catching bullet holes. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's why I disagree. Nothing has shown that the Clippers are much better than Memphis when both teams are healthy. Playoff wise or matchup wise. Not even record wise.

Yes, injuries and age is a concern for Memphis. But, then you're starting to talk about things that are unknown going into next season. So, how is this drastic statement I'm making when I'm stating "when both teams are healthy"?

What I'm getting is that people are not basing it off Memphis being injured next year :lol: . They just think the entire team is going to fall off when their best players playing the majority of the season.

talking about things that are unknown??

Father time always wins. YOu can't possibly feel good about Gasol playing 75% of the season. I'm not even mentioning ZBo. Even if he played the whole season, it wouldnt even matter. His numbers are flat out declining. He really was a main reason why the Grizzlies were a "cute" team that played with more heart that their opponents.

C- Marc Gasol: 32 yrs old. Coming off a major foot injury
PF: Zbo. 35 years old. On a STEADY decline.
SF: Chandler Parsons. Coming off TWO knee surgeries
SG: Tony Allen. 35 years old. Can't shoot. On a steady decline.
PG: Mike Conley: coming off a major injury. Overpaid.

Then you got the Grizzlies bench. Which isn't pretty AT ALL.

Age and health are huge factors. And the Grizzlies do not have that on their side right now. This team will win 45-50 games based on identity and experience alone....but they aren't a top 3 or 4 seed.

Back
Top Bottom