2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I can't believe folks booed KD at an Olympic game.

I guess he said "what are you talking about, I didn't hear it..."

OKC is going to be more intriguing for me to watch this year than any year since arriving on the scene, if Russ plays with them.

I will use my tickets personally this year.

Team is still rock deep. Mitch is going to make Ibaka remember what a PF does. I hope we get a 5 seed so the 2nd Rd matchup is GSW.

I'll put OKC in that 3-5 seed. The Backcourt is a beauty. Train em' up Billy

They were a 3 seed with KD.  How the hell they going to be a 3 seed without him?

Wow, you are so smart. Why didn't I think of that.

Welp, no 3 seed

C- Marc Gasol: 32 yrs old. Coming off a major foot injury
PF: Zbo. 35 years old. On a STEADY decline.
SF: Chandler Parsons. Coming off TWO knee surgeries
SG: Tony Allen. 35 years old. Can't shoot. On a steady decline.
PG: Mike Conley: coming off a major injury. Overpaid.

Then you got the Grizzlies bench. Which isn't pretty AT ALL.

Age and health are huge factors. And the Grizzlies do not have that on their side right now. This team will win 45-50 games based on identity and experience alone....but they aren't a top 3 or 4 seed.

Bruh, when did a player being overpaid got anything to do with the performance :lol:. You listed overpaid like that's an injury :lol:

Look at Zbo's PER 36 stats and compare them to his last 3 seasons. He put up better numbers in certain categories. His numbers declining is being a little overstated. He's far from what he was 5 years ago, but he can still ball at an above average level.

I think some just think TA and Zbo are still a huge part of this team's makeup and that's not going to be the case.

Conley isn't coming off a major injury, either. He's coming off a SORE ACHILLES. Team rested him for the rest of the season to prevent it from becoming something mor serious.

Concerns with Parsons and Marc is understandable.

Both of these teams bette be 8-10 games apart next season. And I don't want it to be because Memphis had a dleague squad, etiher. I want to see this drastic difference everyone is talking about.

:lol: if the Clippers end up trading Blake though after all of this

Last edited:
Why are we arguing about 2 teams that have no shot of winning the championship. If the grizz peaked the clips did too. The clips are hyped up every year, o Blake o cp3 o dj and they fail time n time again. A cp3 lead team peaks at 2nd rd. After what Houston did to them they should've broke that core up.

I can't believe folks booed KD at an Olympic game.

I guess he said "what are you talking about, I didn't hear it..."

OKC is going to be more intriguing for me to watch this year than any year since arriving on the scene, if Russ plays with them.

I will use my tickets personally this year.

Team is still rock deep. Mitch is going to make Ibaka remember what a PF does. I hope we get a 5 seed so the 2nd Rd matchup is GSW.

I'll put OKC in that 3-5 seed. The Backcourt is a beauty. Train em' up Billy

They were a 3 seed with KD.  How the hell they going to be a 3 seed without him?

Wow, you are so smart. Why didn't I think of that.

Welp, no 3 seed

You had to have been joking with that 3-5 though man.

The optimism of NT Sports never fails.

I love Russ..but..I think for the 1st time ever...we will see him get tired. f that f boy oladipo.

So, I'm a troll?
laugh.gif

I've never seen you bring anything worth speaking about in this thread.

All I've heard from you is how the Knicks being considered the laughing stock of the NBA is long gone. You said this right before they gave Noah 4/$72M
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

West is buns though.
You got those yellow guys, Clips and Memphis.

Then.....who......else......

West ain't ****

Both of these teams bette be 8-10 games apart next season. And I don't want it to be because Memphis had a dleague squad, etiher. I want to see this drastic difference everyone is talking about.

:lol: if the Clippers end up trading Blake though after all of this

no lie, since I dont have a dog in this fight, I legit hope memphis has a better record than the clips just so you can talk more shhhhh next summer. I dont see it happening, but I'll support it for the laughs. all bets are off if blake and cp3 get moved though :lol:

no lie, since I dont have a dog in this fight, I legit hope memphis has a better record than the clips just so you can talk more shhhhh next summer. I dont see it happening, but I'll support it for the laughs. all bets are off if blake and cp3 get moved though
laugh.gif
But it is the same stupid **** talking everytime.  For whatever reason it is always aimed toward the Clippers. 

Maybe their is some unspoken rivalry between two teams that will never win ****.

All of this doesn't really matter.  Both teams are losing in the first or second round.

You had GSW penciled in from Season Opening though.

The team that almost lost every series in every round of the Playoffs. Leave Jon Snow, or go sit in the corner Indian style and hush.

Last edited:
no lie, since I dont have a dog in this fight, I legit hope memphis has a better record than the clips just so you can talk more shhhhh next summer. I dont see it happening, but I'll support it for the laughs. all bets are off if blake and cp3 get moved though :lol:

But it is the same stupid **** talking everytime.  For whatever reason it is always aimed toward the Clippers. 

Maybe their is some unspoken rivalry between two teams that will never win ****.

dag there is rivalry, you dont remember?? blake vs zbo? There's beef. Which is hilarious, rivalry among 2 teams that have never won **** lmao.

Now, we about to get on this argument about how neither team won anything.

I guess we might as well only talk about the Warriors and Cavs in here. Don't ever mention other squads.

If you're rebuilding with young talent...maybe you can be talked about. Not too much, though

Last edited:

The team that almost lost every series in every round of the Playoffs. Leave Jon Snow, or go sit in the corner Indian style and hush.
Yup, because adding that KD will make absolutely zero difference whatsoever.  

I applaud you for your optimism, but no way in **** is this OKC team getting the 3rd seed.  Put the drugs down.

All of this doesn't really matter.  Both teams are losing in the first or second round.

almost lost =/= lost

i had them cut in the marble as back to back champs too. had no idea those tenderonis were gonna **** the bed when it mattered most.

Back
Top Bottom