2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

First off KD didn't txt him: Russ' homie text him to give him the news after the article dropped.

Second,People aren't shocked because he didn't tell Russ face to face or via text, it's that Russ found out when we did.

People are shocked to find out they weren't as you said "close enough" for KD to tell him.

I mean come on, how "close" do you have to be to show a little, I guess respect is the word....

I got dudes I work with that have never chilled with me outside of work, but when I leave every Summer, I make my rounds.

They don't have to be best friends for KD to shoot RUSS A TEXT OR CALL before hitting the start button on the Players Tribune joint. That's all

common sense man.

We just have so many hard dudes here on NT.

common sense man.

We just have so many hard dudes here on NT.
Or dudes that understand that we're only talking about guys who generate billions of dollars, wear different color uniforms and run up and down a 94 foot hardwood floor for 8 months every year. This whole conversation surrounding "respect" is hilarious.

Last edited:
kings gon be ugly this season
laugh.gif

As if there is not room for respect, in sports

Sports or not, it's all life, man.
Life just includes certain things my dude. Being cordial and having class is a learned behavior though, I'd hate to be in your crew Goldenface.

Last edited:
Or dudes that understand that we're only talking about guys who generate billions of dollars, wear different color uniforms and run up and down a 94 foot hardwood floor for 8 months every year. This whole conversation surrounding "respect" is hilarious.

huh? I'm not sure what any of this means.

A simple call is asking too much? A call? Hell, in this situation, even a text! Part of being a pro in life as a human.

Not sure what world you live in, but in my world, being a human being is pretty simple. Nobody is asking you to be exceptional. But having played together for what, 7+ years, being around each other almost as much as you're around your own family, I would think a simple call is not asking for much.

some people need lessons on how to just be a decent human being. Its really not that difficult. "Hey Russ, this was not an easy decision (or hell, it was an easy decision), but its just my time to move on. Loved playing with you since you came in the league, but for me and my family, I needed to make this move. Good luck with your future." Not hard at all. You guys act like these guys hated each other and never spoke.

Its not about respect. Just decency.

Just bouncing without a word? What? You're not hard for doing that. It doesn't make you cool. It just makes you look dumb and petty. And considering this is a guy that clearly cares what others think about him, he went about it the wrong way.

Too many people with that "I don't owe him **** mentality." I'll never understand. And i don't want to understand. I'm good with that.

As if there is not room for respect, in sports

people act like this is a hard thing to do, give respect. Too much pride from people these days. Swallow your pride sometimes in life.

Everyone wants respect but don't want to give it equally in return. A give me give me society.

people act like this is a hard thing to do, give respect. Too much pride from people these days. Swallow your pride sometimes in life.

Everyone wants respect but don't want to give it equally in return. A give me give me society.
true man. What kd did is like breaking up with someone via text. F boy move. I have no problem with him bouncing but at least show your teammate a lil respect by telling him you bouncing and want to play somewhere else.

Last edited:

Everyone wants respect but don't want to give it equally in return. A give me give me society.[/quote. Kd a lil b. How u not gonna call or text your partner in crim for the past 7-8 years about your decision. No respect for him. Thought he was better than that

KD just keeps revealing his F boy character. To be honest, I bet Russ was tired of covering for dude and taking the media scrutiny and pressure off Durant. KD probably wanted Russ to beg him to stay but Russ isn't about that life.

Beta Durant didn't text him because he knew Russ would have called him a sucka

Or talked him back into staying.

KD probably wanted to handle it different.
It's his team (if I had to guess) that said NO CALLS TO ANYBODY.

They know how impressionable KD is first hand, and although KD will take the slander, I guarantee it was the advice of those around him that found it very risky to let KD make a call that could allow anybody to sell him on staying with OKC or any team besides the one they wanted for his brand and he wanted for his CHIp.

It was worth it to deal with the fallout, and avoid being talked out of GSW. That's just what I think happened.

I refuse to believe it was KD who said f word calling Russ. He isn't built like that.

Last edited:

huh? I'm not sure what any of this means.

A simple call is asking too much? A call? Hell, in this situation, even a text! Part of being a pro in life as a human.

Not sure what world you live in, but in my world, being a human being is pretty simple. Nobody is asking you to be exceptional. But having played together for what, 7+ years, being around each other almost as much as you're around your own family, I would think a simple call is not asking for much.

some people need lessons on how to just be a decent human being. Its really not that difficult. "Hey Russ, this was not an easy decision (or hell, it was an easy decision), but its just my time to move on. Loved playing with you since you came in the league, but for me and my family, I needed to make this move. Good luck with your future." Not hard at all. You guys act like these guys hated each other and never spoke.

Its not about respect. Just decency.

Just bouncing without a word? What? You're not hard for doing that. It doesn't make you cool. It just makes you look dumb and petty. And considering this is a guy that clearly cares what others think about him, he went about it the wrong way.

Too many people with that "I don't owe him **** mentality." I'll never understand. And i don't want to understand. I'm good with that.

Yup.. Repped

Sadly I kinda expect it these days..

My support staff or really anyone that meets me is always so surprised that I always say please and thank you whenever I ask for or they do anything for me

My response when someone says anything: "my ma would kill me if she found out I was being rude".. But really it's the least you can do and it don't take anything to do

Just like it's the right thing for organization to call guys before they trade them or make moves pertaining to them.. A call to the team and teammates would have been decent

F klay... He should have joined buddy and had a Bahamian team in the Olympics

Yup.. Repped

Sadly I kinda expect it these days..

My support staff or really anyone that meets me is always so surprised that I always say please and thank you whenever I ask for or they do anything for me

My response when someone says anything: "my ma would kill me if she found out I was being rude".. But really it's the least you can do and it don't take anything to do

Just like it's the right thing for organization to call guys before they trade them or make moves pertaining to them.. A call to the team and teammates would have been decent

Amen man. It's not real difficult to understand. Anyone who doesn't I think needs more hugs.

ive tried to before . just dont enjoy and cant get into olympic ball. 

nah ray ray aint top 5 . 
We've been better than almost everybody since '92, so I don't look for competitive ball all the time, but man these aren't guys I was excited to see play together like I was Kobe, LeBron, Kidd, CP3, etc, and they aren't doing anything crazy. Just not entertaining. The coolest thing I can associate with them so far is Derozan almost catching a 360 body.

Last edited:
I'm watching and wondering why in the hell is Kyrie and KD playing.

And Funny to think Melos legacy is going to be about winning 3 gold medals

Back
Top Bottom