2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

got it, so you are DEFINITELY trying to use a constant unavoidable variable to reason why he shouldnt be in the best possible situation. brilliant. if he will have to pay a small amount of state taxes in 48 states regardless of where he lives... then it doesnt matter than the overwhelming majority of his income will state tax free. got it.
It is not a "small" amount.  Many times is can amount to upwards of a million dollars depending on salary.  You clearly stated the following:

no youre just too dense to realize despite it being explained 5 times in the past 25 posts that him taking a few million less, would be EQUAL to any other team's max offer. ill break it down for you cuz reading is difficult. miami's dollar, is worth more than every other team's dollar, because he wouldnt be paying a state tax on his salary. so if hes worried about a max contract miami can slice a FEW million off the top of his contract and he wouldn't see a difference.

so what is this better situation? the struggling lakers? mavericks who cant get over the hump? whiteside is heavily invested in miami as a city already. should he just cut his losses for the same amount of money and go to a team he hopes will be better? i rather be surrounded by HOF players than draft picks and average players when im in my prime. what do u think?
So again, the assertion is incorrect but you can try to backtrack any which way you would like.

That's only for the States they visit though. They pay tax on those. so 40 games a year. While the other 40 go untaxed.

So would you rather pay State income taxes 50% of the time, or 100%?

It's simple rationale really.
and hes saying its unavoidable that u must pay taxes on those away games in like 47 other states. if its unavoidable then its irrelevant. its not a factor. might as well be a sunk cost, u cant get rid of it regardless of where u actually reside. it was a stupid point for him to hinge on.

giphy.gif

son straight swagger jackin hot sizzle.

wasnt even as clean or as fast. that kid was just wack sauce.

That's only for the States they visit though. They pay tax on those. so 40 games a year. While the other 40 go untaxed.

So would you rather pay State income taxes 50% of the time, or 100%?

It's simple rationale really.
Agreed, he is undoubtedly paying less state income tax in the state of Florida, but it isn't as simple as saying he is paying none.  More than likely, he is probably paying approximately 5% less in state income tax living in florida.  That results in approximately $1.2M salary difference.

It's always the regular *** peasant *** idealistic sports fans placing much loftier expectations on athletes than they do for themselves.

"He should just take less money!! Don't you care about WINNING? Look what we did for him!"Man, **** that. How about you kiss my ***. HUGEpet peeve of mine.

Hometown discount. :lol: Go ask your boss for a raise, _.

Bruh. :lol:

I will never understand it.

It is not a "small" amount.  Many times is can amount to upwards of a million dollars depending on salary.  You clearly stated the following:

So again, the assertion is incorrect but you can try to backtrack any which way you would like.
upwards of a million in taxes to visit.... compared to multiple millons in taxes from actually living in those other states. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM decisions decisions.

and yes, i did state he wont get state tax on his salary which you have now proven to be incorrect. he will get other states taxes on his salary.. i shouldve been more specific so u cant shift focus. he wont pay a state tax from his own state where most of his salary will come from.

Got my flame suit on, I just want to see the 6ers get better.

how much better do you deem reasonable?

I can see them eventually being like the stones. years of struggle then making it back to the post season.

It's funny, it feels like the 6ers been cheeks for 10 yrs now but i did some research this morning, they were just in the playoffs in like 2011 lol.

It's always the regular *** peasant *** idealistic sports fans placing much loftier expectations on athletes than they do for themselves.

"He should just take less money!! Don't you care about WINNING? Look what we did for him!" Man, **** that. How about you kiss my ***. HUGE pet peeve of mine.

Hometown discount. 
laugh.gif
Go ask your boss for a raise, _.
u just sound like u dont look out for those who looked out for you to me. and i swear to God, if i have to explain this "taking less money" thing again...
Honestly dog, I don't really read your posts like that. I just skim through all them ***** because I know it's usually some huff. Don't take it personal though, that was my little rant for the day. You're not the only one out there who thinks that way.

Last edited:

Agreed, he is undoubtedly paying less state income tax in the state of Florida, but it isn't as simple as saying he is paying none.  More than likely, he is probably paying approximately 5% less in state income tax living in florida.  That results in approximately $1.2M salary difference.
what? they play ~40% of their games on the road. so according to you he will have to pay state tax on 40% of his income. the other 60% doesn't require state tax since it comes from florida (numbers are off cuz it doesnt factor in playing in states also with no state tax) and that only yields a 5% difference in  taxes paid? 60% not being taxed yields 5% less paid in taxes?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

upwards of a million in taxes to visit.... compared to multiple millons in taxes from actually living in those other states. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM decisions decisions.

and yes, i did state he wont get state tax on his salary which you have now proven to be incorrect. he will get other states taxes on his salary.. i shouldve been more specific so u cant shift focus. he wont pay a state tax from his own state where most of his salary will come from.
Like I said, the highest state rates usually hover around 10%.  So say he goes to a place with a 10% state tax, on $24M he would typically pay approximately $2.4M in state tax + whatever state tax he pays elsewhere, but in most states you get a credit for taxes paid to other states so that tax stays at about $2.4M.  So we are basically talking about approximately $1.2M vs. $2.4 million dollars a year.  I am not saying that is not a large amount of money, I am just saying he shouldn't take a huge paycut because of the $1M difference in state taxes there.

what? they play ~40% of their games on the road. so according to you he will have to pay state tax on 40% of his income. the other 60% doesn't require state tax since it comes from florida (numbers are off cuz it doesnt factor in playing in states also with no state tax) and that only yields a 5% difference in net income? 60% not being taxed yields 5% less paid in taxes?

giphy.gif
Most state rates range from 5-12% so yes, it would only make about a 5% figure.  I can't give you the exact amount without actually doing his return, but other states are not taxing at a federal rate of 39.6%.

Last edited:

Most state rates range from 5-12% so yes, it would only make about a 5% figure.  I can't give you the exact amount without actually doing his return, but other states are not taxing at a federal rate of 39.6%.
makes 0 sense to me how basically 60% of your income essentially falls off the taxable amount, and u only save 5% in what u pay anyway.

Julius Randle got endorsements, hell Nick a young guy a shoe deal and he's a bum, hell I've even seen Robert Sacre in commercials. You are really going to sit here and say the LA market doesn't offer more opportunities than Miami?

Last edited:

Honestly dog, I don't really read your posts like that. I just skim through all them ***** because I know it's usually some huff. Don't take it personal though, that was my little rant for the day. You're not the only one out there who thinks that way.
im not the only one who thinks what way? u read posters names before reading the post? i dont take anything here personal. its a forum, nobody should be out here getting their feelings hurt unless u like goldstreet capital or that e-something something dude with the basketball story lol

makes 0 sense to me how basically 60% of your income essentially falls off the taxable amount, and u only save 5% in what u pay anyway.
I just explained it, it is called a tax credit for taxes paid to other states.  This is usually a dollar for dollar credit meaning 1 dollar of tax paid in one state results in 1 less dollar of tax paid in another state.  Again, I am not saying it doesn't make a difference because it clearly does, but it isn't like a 10% difference like everyone claims.  Sometimes it is less than a couple % depending of the state tax rate in the state.  States like California that have a really high tax rate, it would result in about 5-6% difference in net tax home pay.

Since he doesn't file in Florida, he doesn't get the credit.

Last edited:
Julius Randle got endorsements, hell Nick a young guy a shoe deal and he's a bum, hell I've even seen Robert Sacre in commercials. You are really going to sit here and say the LA market doesn't offer more opportunities than Miami?
theyre equal in opportunity. who has seen julius randle's endorsement? who even knows what company gave swaggy 0 a deal? who is robert sacre? an endorsement deal nobody knows about is ****.

theyre equal in opportunity. who has seen julius randle's endorsement? who even knows what company gave swaggy 0 a deal? who is robert sacre? an endorsement deal nobody knows about is ****.
But it is still cash..........who gives a **** about whether or not people know about it.

how much better do you deem reasonable?

I can see them eventually being like the stones. years of struggle then making it back to the post season.

It's funny, it feels like the 6ers been cheeks for 10 yrs now but i did some research this morning, they were just in the playoffs in like 2011 lol.

I want them to be the Bucks of the Atlantic.

But it is still cash..........who gives a **** about whether or not people know about it.
because more cash comes from endorsement deals that people actually see.  whoever endorsed randle aint giving them money that they gave whoever is the face of the company. would u rather have 1 big deal with adidas or 5 small deals with companies people may or may not know about and have little to no exposure?

me? i rather be the face of a big company so other companies come. id take the d rose or james harden adidas endorsement instead of anta, and body armor sports drink, and stance socks, and shottracker wristband, and HUE hair dye (these are klay's deals)

having a bunch of little deals amounts to nothing. sure its money in your pocket. but i rather have 1 big fish that nets me more big fish in the future.

Last edited:
It's that time of the Year to rank the TOP 5 SG's, again.

Klay has clearly topped the list though Harden is a better player(wait, I don't know if I agree with Harden > anymore)

Klay might be the best player on GSW ?

Back
Top Bottom