2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Got a chance to meet and chop it up a bit with Jordan Clarkson at the Drew last saturday

Said he been working like hell and was tryna find a team to play on up there this summer :lol: :pimp:

Honestly, I think Dwight is going to be in for a rude awakening. This version of him is not really good enough to warrant the roster moves it would take to sign him. I can't see any of the top contenders even wanting a meeting with him.

You giving some of these teams way too much credit.

Maybe I am, but I just don't see any of the top teams wasting any time with him. The guy is seriously about to play for his 4th team. At some point he has to realize that he might just be the problem. Houston was his shot at redemption, and he blew it.

He should have never been in it. Dumb *** fan vote robbed us of seeing rookie year Westbrook in the contest. :smh:

No thanks.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind him back in Houston at all if he wasn't coming off two knee surgeries :x. But even with no knee surgeries, a max deal for him :x

Not just any surgery either, microfracture surgery is as bad as it gets especially for a perimeter player.

Who would y'all replace Barnes with on the Oly squad? I'd give his spot to a college kid or rookie. Hell, I'd give his spot to anyone not Harrison Barnes.

I'd vote Freeze. But I can't vote for him. Or rep him..for some reason..

to get in on the convo, Ft. Lauderdale kills miami in ever way possible. miami overrated af. it's like cancun at this point. miami lowkey aint had a hit since vice city and tony in the bath tub.

even the heat players go to Ft. Lauderdale to chill and kick it.

to get in on the convo, Ft. Lauderdale kills miami in ever way possible. miami overrated af. it's like cancun at this point. miami lowkey aint had a hit since vice city and tony in the bath tub.

wild. heat players be in kendall, weston, pines, miami. they might visit laud but nobody stays there. its just... egh. altho i will say that i refuse to live in miami. i actually just got back from there this morning. everything is 3 times as expensive as it was 5 years ago, and thats really saying something.

however, miami is overrated on the surface. you dive into miamis culture and its incredible. the arts and history of miami is unlike any other. if ur just here to club, you'll be disappointed after the first few star studded nights. but that goes for anywhere.

Last edited:

wild. heat players be in kendall, weston, pines, miami. they might visit laud but nobody stays there. its just... egh. altho i will say that i refuse to live in miami. i actually just got back from there this morning. everything is 3 times as expensive as it was 5 years ago, and thats really saying something.

however, miami is overrated on the surface. you dive into miamis culture and its incredible. the arts and history of miami is unlike any other. if ur just here to club, you'll be disappointed after the first few star studded nights. but that goes for anywhere.

i can agree with this. Same with vegas. the superficial **** is fun for the weekend. But when you actually dig deep, you can find gems of information. Like, damn yo, this is dope. I think a lot of places are like that in a way. We just get so caught up in the lit lifestyle and what we see in pictures. There's some really dope places out here.

Man f my squad man..

Im in a permanent basketball depression.

Not tanking for picks.. Not signing anybody worthwhile.. What are they doing besidees loosing and keeping Jimmy happy. This wasnt a basketball decision. This was a 2 way player/front office relationship that lacked respect for eachother. So it was blown up. Just like Thibbs. **** this organization for real.

Thanks for letting me vent NT.

If KD is looking to go somewhere with Russell Westbrook in 2017, he shouldn't bother....

It will cost a team $65mil to sign both of them.

The chance a team would have the cap space + the ability to win a title is slim.. If you looked at the Knicks (a team with a ton of 2017 cap space + have a star player already + a big market)

They have Melo, Kristaps... Add KD & Westbrook.. Plus 7 cap holds.. They will have only $8-10mil to sign somebody else. That's if they had just 2 guys on their roster, no one else, and signed KD + RW. And $8-10mil with a $107-109mil cap isn't going to buy what you think it's going to buy.

In the east, they would be a top 2 team.. But that team is so razor thin, the odds of them even coming close to winning is slim. They would get knocked out by teams that spread their cap space for a more complete team. Or were generally a complete team, and used cap increases in 2016 & 2017 to sign role players.

That goes for any team that KD + RW go to together if they tried it for 2017. Just in case you thought I was showing some bias toward the Knicks. They just happened to have the 3 criteria needed for this to happen

Last edited:
If KD is looking to go somewhere with Russell Westbrook in 2017, he shouldn't bother....

The chance a team would have the cap space + the ability to win a title is slim.. If you looked at the Knicks (a team with a ton of 2017 cap space + have a star player already + a big market)

They have Melo, Kristaps... Add KD & Westbrook.. Plus 7 cap holds.. They will have only $8-10mil to sign somebody else. That's if they had just 2 guys on their roster, no one else, and signed KD + RW. And $8-10mil with a $107-109mil cap isn't going to buy what you think it's going to buy.

In the east, they would be a top 2 team.. But that team is so razor thin, the odds of them even coming close to winning is slim. They would get knocked out by teams that spread their cap space for a more complete team. Or were generally a complete team, and used cap increases in 2016 & 2017 to sign role players.

That goes for any team that KD + RW go to together if they tried it for 2017. Just in case you thought I was showing some bias toward the Knicks. They just happened to have the 3 criteria needed for this to happen

For some reason if it's not OKC, I just don't see Westbrook and KD playing on the same team in the future. It's obvious that Russel wants to win but I wonder if he wants his individual shine even more. Does he want to unequivocally be the #1 on a team? Because playing alongside KD clouds that

Man f my squad man..

Not tanking for picks.. Not signing anybody worthwhile.. What are they doing besidees loosing and keeping Jimmy happy. This wasnt a basketball decision. This was a 2 way player/front office relationship that lacked respect for eachother. So it was blown up. Just like Thibbs. **** this organization for real.

youll be aight. teams suck everyday b

Man f my squad man..

youll be aight. teams suck everyday b

Truth.
And if you're not first your last, so there is 1 winner and 29 losers in the League.

At least my man yay0's team is in the East.
That's as good a chance to make the Finals a Bulls fan than 11 teams in the West have.

Last edited:
I wasnt crazy about the thon pick at the time but I wasnt mad about it either. If he rely is older then 19 however my opinion drastically changes. If dude is 23 and takes 4 or 5 years to develope whats the point. Hammond fell in love with dude and you can hear it in his voice when he talks :lol: if he knew and didnt care thats ****** up. This newa info seems pretty compelling that dude is older and its not just talk

Last edited:

For some reason if it's not OKC, I just don't see Westbrook and KD playing on the same team in the future. It's obvious that Russel wants to win but I wonder if he wants his individual shine even more. Does he want to unequivocally be the #1 on a team? Because playing alongside KD clouds that

Russ most definitely wants to be the number 1 guy on the team, and he can't do that w/ KD. Now, if he gets his wish, which he most likely will, his body will break down quicker assuming he'll have to do too much or he'll feel he has to. Gon be hard finding someone to replace KD.

Whiteside and Randle in LA would be :smh: for that organization w/ the off-court shenanigans. At least we know Russell will film it on the low so we'll all get to watch.

Whiteside and Randle in LA would be
mean.gif
for that organization w/ the off-court shenanigans. At least we know Russell will film it on the low so we'll all get to watch.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

It would not surprise me in the least bit to see Whiteside finish out his contract in another city.

I damn near expect it to happen.

Last edited:
I just found out that Derek Fisher is still getting paid from OKC and will get at least 900k from them next season.

NBA crazy, he mini Arenas out here, spending all that money on vacays for Barnes Ex Wife.

What?!! How the **** is that possible?
eek.gif
MF'er retired.

Dude's finesse game is STRONG. Word to all the sweet talking he did to get out of that Mavs situation.

Back
Top Bottom