2016 OFFICIAL YANKEES SEASON THREAD... THANK YOU A-ROD

Ya guys gotta realize in order to get better, this team needed to start getting younger. If we held onto Miller I would have been cool, but trading him and who we got in return, it's hard to give Cashman slack. He's building the farm up again and we're already reaching the top with these past 2 moves - which guess what, were for RELIEF pitchers.

I'm on board with bringing back Chapman to solidify the 8th and 9th with Betances. Fielding a real young team next year is going to be weird, but have to be hopeful it pays off in the long run.

If we wind up getting our ***** kicked by the Mets and i dont hear the end of it from their fans, i'll be pretty ******* irritated ....

If we wind up getting our ***** kicked by the Mets and i dont hear the end of it from their fans, i'll be pretty ******* irritated ....

We're due for a very uneventful Subway Series the week :lol: think it's time for an avy change as well. This sell-mode has me itching more for football to get going.

1. Keep McCann - For Sanchez's sake. He's doing great in AAA, but he could use more time, also McCann could be extremely beneficial for Sanchez in that he's not that good calling a game, McCann can help him there. If you remember Posada wasn't starting until 26 years old

2. I doubt they can move Beltran, or at least doubt they can get anything that isn't buried in the farm system for 5 plus years. So you kind of just eat it.

3. Sign Chapman to the highest deal a closer has ever gotten, IDC IDC IDC.

4. Trade Gardner in the offseason. You have Ellsbury. Fraizer & Judge are ready to come up. Also think you can get something decent in return and there is a better option in Free Agency. (Return will ease my play at # 6)

5. Look to see what the market is on Pineda & Eovaldi, if you can't get a quality return, then screw it, and keep them. Must keep 1. I lean toward Pineda because he has better stuff, BUT the injury risk makes me want to lean Eovaldi.

6. After Fraizer, Torres, Judge, Sanchez, Sheffield (on top of Severino & Bird).. All of them are safe/untouchable.. Use Mateo, Rutherford, Kaprielian, Acevado, Garcia, Fowler & McKinny to see if you can get an Ace like Sale or Archer in the offseason.

7. Sign Cespedes to be the DH.

C - McCann
1B - Bird
2B - Castro
3B - Headley
SS - Gregorius
LF - Fraizer
CF - Ellsbury
RF - Judge
DH - Cespedes

Bench
C - Sanchez
IF - Ackley
OF - Hicks
???

SP - Tanaka
SP - ????
SP - CC
SP - Pineda
SP - Severino
SP - Eovaldi
LHP - Shreve
RHP - Clippard, Warren
*Need one more RP - Mitchell & Goody*
8th - Betances
9th - Chapman

Last edited:
essential1 essential1 You're set on Ces opting out?

I think a decent chance..

31. Will likely get 30 HRs, hit .280/.360/.550. Have to assume he opts out to get an extra 3 years at current contract. So like 5 year / $110mil. Probably room for $15-20mil more over the 5 years

If he waits until he's 33, he may lose a good chunk of change

Last edited:
Need to put in a game on MLB The Show before all these roster changes come through.

Haven't played that or any of my PS4 games in a minute (friggin work
mean.gif
).

Went from Betances, Miller and Chapman to just Betances in a matter of months.

Life comes at you fast.

Really got swept by the Rays. Hahahahaha.

I want Gardner the **** out of here.

Beltran is finishing the year.

Ces is opting out for sure.

Last edited:
Yankees needed this rebuilding process; future looks sharp; Judge, Sanchez, Frazier should be up by September. FA 2016-17 Class is very weak, should try to develop young talent; just wait till 2018 Yankees can be back to the postseason for a while if they can score on couple of these free agents

http://nypost.com/2016/03/05/10-mlb-stars-may-make-2018-mlb-free-agent-class-the-best-ever/

Harper, Machado, Fernandez

Sure I agree they needed to reshuffle a bit.

But The problem with the rest of what you said, is you have to assume that guys are coming over. You can't bank on it either.

If the team is languishing with 70-75 wins each of the next few years, it would decrease your chances at getting the names.

But just because you spend in FA this year or next. Doesn't mean that you are hurting the young guys either.

If you look at the 1994-1995-1996 rosters, they were veteran teams with a few young guys getting a shot.

Don't discount the benefits of having veterans in your lineup. They are there to settle down the young guys.

Also if you were to go after Cespedes & Chapman in the offseason, who is that blocking? (As long as Gardner is gone, if not then Gardner is the blocker).. And maybe Moustakas in 2018?

Could always trade them later to make room when Harper & Machado are FAs.

As for guys who are ready... Sanchez isn't ready. His bat looks ready. But he's a Catcher, and he needs some improvement calling games. He could hit .220 for all I care, his ability to call a game is much more important.

Last edited:
As for guys who are ready... Sanchez isn't ready. His bat looks ready. But he's a Catcher, and he needs some improvement calling games. He could hit .220 for all I care, his ability to call a game is much more important.

Which is why I am leaning towards wanting McCann to stay here, unless a teams willing to take him for the right price.

I wonder what we got back for Beltran :smh:

Dillion Tate.

Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal)
2 mins ago - View on Twitter
Tate, heading to #Yankees, is a RHP who has a 5.12 ERA in 65 innings at Class A, but has pedigree: Fourth pick in the 2015 draft.

Granted he has been pretty disappointing in comparison to the other top picks in his draft, but the risk/reward is pretty favorable.

Nova might be next with 31 minutes to go til 4 :nerd:

Last edited:
Gardner at this point may be an off-season goner. Unless someone called in late.

Back
Top Bottom