2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Just don't get too caught up into Week 1 (See Eric Thames in baseball) Dudes were trading Kris Bryant for him. :smh:

Grabbed cohen for 50 and not looking back. Scored most points wk 1 but Woodhead went down so went for it. I never spend all my cash.

Never mind that trade blew up in my face smh

Someone nabbed Sam Bradford , Alex Smith are swooped up
IMG_0262.GIF

That trade blew up in your face the second you accepted it. Kelvin isn't that guy. You gave away real value.

Last edited:
Snagged Golladay on a $10 bid ($100 budget) :emoji_smile: I have to get used to the bidding concept, but I'm a fan. Even when I thought $10 was high for Week 1, Cohen went for $23.

Last edited:
Here's how the bids went in my league (PPR, 2QB, $100 budget).

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 7.28.14 AM.png
(Click to enlarge)

Over the past few years, the only players who have gone for big bucks ($20+) are the ones with true breakout performances with guaranteed workloads going forward. $13 for Cohen was right in line with what I was expecting.

I dropped Golladay before the week started because I didn't have a DST/Kicker :smh:.

Scooped up Chris Johnson in both my leagues. Hopefully he ends up being the guy.

Ravens D/ST was also somehow on waivers and nobody even put in a claim for them :lol: they could end up being the #1 defense this year. Grabbed them as soon as I saw them out there.

I own the chiefs, streamed ATL for week 1. Saw the ravens were open but didnt usea waiver onthem figured theyd get by. Sure enough they did, claimed them.

Meanwhile someone dropped Denver .. should i stash Denver?

Current roster (standard):

Cam, Cousins
Gordon, Ingram, Coleman, Hunt, Cohen, McFadden
Jeffery, AB, Adams, Sanders
Gronk
Matt Bryant
Chiefs, Ravens

I own the chiefs, streamed ATL for week 1. Saw the ravens were open but didnt usea waiver onthem figured theyd get by. Sure enough they did, claimed them.

Meanwhile someone dropped Denver .. should i stash Denver?

Current roster (standard):

Cam, Cousins
Gordon, Ingram, Coleman, Hunt, Cohen, McFadden
Jeffery, AB, Adams, Sanders
Gronk
Matt Bryant
Chiefs, Ravens

Yes

Who should I start as my flex fellas?
IMG_5808.PNG

Wiliiams or Alshon

Dead *** wanna start Chris Johnson vs Colts over Abdullah at Giants. That Giants run D is serious and they're going to come out with a chip on their shoulder. I could see Abdullah getting me like 3 damn points on MNF.

Im about to flex Mike Tolbert, returning to CAR, buffalo RB coach is from CAR. They gonna give him goalline work as well as other carries. Shady fragile

So week 1 was a huge success. Was the highest scorer in my league by far (dat weekly high scorer pot tho). This week, debating between demaryius and lamar miller as my flex spot, PPR. Who we picking?

Last weeks lineup was:
Mariota, Dalvin, Kareem, Cooks, Baldwin, Rudolph, Jags D, Bailey

Snagged Golladay on a $10 bid ($100 budget) :emoji_smile: I have to get used to the bidding concept, but I'm a fan. Even when I thought $10 was high for Week 1, Cohen went for $23.

People are usually way too cautious with their budgets. Almost never does anyone go below half their budget by the end of the year, at least in my league.

I usually do $1-5 for a streaming D or other position, $5-10 for a WR or other speculative hot bid, and then $10-20 for a must-add player. I studied the habits of everyone else in my league and these tend to be enough to outbid them based on historical trends :lol:

Prime time though is Wednesday, after the waiver wire has gone through, when you can pick up people for free. Is there any reason to hold on to DJ at this point or should I go for CJ2k? Or Chris Carson?

People are usually way too cautious with their budgets. Almost never does anyone go below half their budget by the end of the year, at least in my league.

I usually do $1-5 for a streaming D or other position, $5-10 for a WR or other speculative hot bid, and then $10-20 for a must-add player. I studied the habits of everyone else in my league and these tend to be enough to outbid them based on historical trends :lol:

Prime time though is Wednesday, after the waiver wire has gone through, when you can pick up people for free. Is there any reason to hold on to DJ at this point or should I go for CJ2k? Or Chris Carson?

I hear ya man. I should have just added Golladay before Week 1 out of FA. I wouldn't have necessarily started him but at least I would have him on my squad already at no cost.

That second paragraph is key. If you play with the same guys in the same league year in and year out you can exploit their bidding habits to your advantage :pimp:.

Vereen keeping this up in a ppr?
I think game script and ODB missing the game played a part in him leading the team in targets, but he's definitely a hold/add in PPR leagues.

Back
Top Bottom