• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
no.. being a third wheel isnt getting the status... give me being the man on a playoff team that competes yearly  over the third option on a chip team. did ginobli get a couple hundred milly from signing a shoe contract?... 

rather be harden then ginobli if i had to choose a career . nothing against ginobli he was dope and a hof .... 

Truth

To be frank, the NBA has always had parity issue. Most teams in this league know whether or not they will have a chance to compete for a championship. If I'm in the NBA and I know for sure I have no chance to compete for a ring, I'm going after the money.

Because when it's all said and done, taxes & fees are a *****. You don't come home with nearly as much as you thought you would. And take it from me, someone who's seen plenty of people go through cash like water flowing down the Nile. It's unbelievable how quickly you can squander your wealth, if not protected properly. The system is built for people to leach off the wealthy and find ways to dig into their pockets.

Yeah get the money while you can. Rings can always be acquired later in your career like Gary Payton.

no.. being a third wheel isnt getting the status... give me being the man on a playoff team that competes yearly  over the third option on a chip team. did ginobli get a couple hundred milly from signing a shoe contract?... 

rather be harden then ginobli if i had to choose a career . 

Again, this is just your perspective. It's very money orientated, but there comes a time when you reflect on your achievements in your career and you realize money isn't always everything. Believe it or not, there are some things money cannot buy.

For 95% of people out there, they would never notice the difference between having $100 million and $200 million. Most of you guys wouldn't even know how to spend that much money. You may think you do, but there's always some sort of tolerance people have. You can only have so much stuff :lol:

Yeah if I'm going to be hall anyways give me the option that comes with all the money.

Nothing is beating money.

Yeah get the money while you can. Rings can always be acquired later in your career like Gary Payton.

The money is so much more absurd now it's not even a comparison. The money will be there regardless if you're a great player in today's league. Legendary status despite what y'all say does matter to certain players.

The money is so much more absurd now it's not even a comparison. The money will be there regardless if you're a great player in today's league. Legendary status despite what y'all say does matter to certain players.

That's the thing. This is only applicable to a handful of players. If I'm a role player, I'm going after the money.

Now someone like Klay is different. He legitimately has a shot to be in the HOF. Would he want to pass up that opportunity to make money? Especially when it's de minimis in comparison? I think if I were Klay, I'd go for the status and rings.

To be frank, the NBA has always had parity issue. Most teams in this league know whether or not they will have a chance to compete for a championship. If I'm in the NBA and I know for sure I have no chance to compete for a ring, I'm going after the money.

Because when it's all said and done, taxes & fees are a *****. You don't come home with nearly as much as you thought you would. And take it from me, someone who's seen plenty of people go through cash like water flowing down the Nile. It's unbelievable how quickly you can squander your wealth, if not protected properly. The system is built for people to leach off the wealthy and find ways to dig into their pockets.
Again, this is just your perspective. It's very money orientated, but there comes a time when you reflect on your achievements in your career and you realize money isn't always everything. Believe it or not, there are some things money cannot buy.

For 95% of people out there, they would never notice the difference between having $100 million and $200 million. Most of you guys wouldn't even know how to spend that much money. You may think you do, but there's always some sort of tolerance people have. You can only have so much stuff
laugh.gif
im sure those people you talking bout in the first post i quoted wish they had more money instead of jewelry . 

Last edited:
So anyone have an explanation why Lue won't put in Shump for JR in the starting lineup?
"It's gotten us this far, can't change what got us here" As flawed as this may be, i'm sure this is his line of thinking along with the message that it would send to his team and JR by benching him. Team would look at T Lue like he's panicking and JR's confidence may wain

Last edited:
im sure those people you talking bout in the first post i quoted wish they had more money instead of jewelry 

I mean, look--It goes both ways. Unless you're MJ, IDK how you get the rings AND the money. The way the NBA is setup, it's incredibly difficult to have your cake and eat it too.

"Legendary" players are going to get paid regardless. We're talking about fringe superstars and role players. Take a guy like Mike Conley. He is never going to be considered a legendary player, but he is set for life with his current contract. Will he win any rings there? Probably not, but what does he care?

"Legendary" players are going to get paid regardless. We're talking about fringe superstars and role players. Take a guy like Mike Conley. He is never going to be considered a legendary player, but he is set for life with his current contract. Will he win any rings there? Probably not, but what does he care?

Correct.

Like I said before. If you're a role and/or bench, go after the money. That's why I brought up someone like Klay to add context.

Yeah if I'm going to be hall anyways give me the option that comes with all the money.

Nothing is beating money.
if it were me.. i'm looking at a couple of things.. no way in hell i'm going to NY or cali (taxes)

then i'm not trying go north of the mason dixon line (avoid cold weather)

winning is nice, but obviously having money and winning is nicer..

like if i went to miami, i'm probably buying a place in lauderdale or somewhere other than downtown miami.. might get a condo or something near the arena just for convenience 

Right, how many guys reach that rarified, Kobe, Lebron air where their Legacies really matter post retirement? And matter to the point where they're sacrificing Ms for the chance at rings.

I said that already. There were guys saying money regardless.

Look at Magic Johnson and how he parlayed that status into being a post career mogul.

Last edited:
Correct.

Like I said before. If you're a role and/or bench, go after the money. That's why I brought up someone like Klay to add context.
Klay too though.

No one is going to call Klay an all time great. He's not going to win a ring as a lead guy. Won't ever be multiple MVPs. Even someone on Klay's level In my opinion doesn't benefit from chasing rings for the sake of losing money.

Here's an article that delves into it a bit - http://deadspin.com/5336974/an-assist-for-nick-van-exel-how-an-nba-scorekeeper-cooked-the-books

Rondo is also another guy who's been under the microscope for having his books cooked.

I'm sure if someone were to get film from all 82 games, examine all 48 minutes of each game, and attempt to track assists based on what the NBA rulebook says an assist is...EVERYONE's assist numbers would come down. 

Damn giving assist because he was standing close to the guy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom