• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
 Klay is IN his prime right now @ 27. He'll be 29 when his new deal starts. 

Pushing 30, how many dudes are looking to accept an upgraded role on a lesser team when they're on a contender already? 
shouldnt money be a factor in that equation?

:x :x Wow

ALSO, being a high profile guy, he wouldn't even have to struggle getting exposed to all the latest product being marketed. He'd have so many pitch books sitting on his coffee table, he'd need someone to do the due diligence for him.

It's basically throwing loads of money and having a few stick. One or two sticks, and it's a major distributor right Uber, AirBnB or Snapchat and you're LOADED.

We look at things differently I guess. If I'm Klay, and making Millions every year in SILICON VALLEY? Hell no. I'm never leaving :lol:

I'd make up the "lost" money being an angel investor. Honestly, it's like poker bruh. You control the bids, you control the table. All you need is 1 investment to hit.

Here's some perspective, if you had invested $200 in Uber back in 2012, you could've made $12M right now. Imagine an IPO? MY.GOD.

So he should take less money to be an investor? That last paragraph is dope but it doesn't always work like that. Give me my guaranteed millions.

So he should take less money to be an investor? That last paragraph is dope but it doesn't always work like that. Give me my guaranteed millions.

I'm just saying, you have to consider elements OUTSIDE of just basketball. For some athletes, they are JUST athletes and won't have the opportunities to become more.

Klay on the other hand does have the opportunity.

Last edited:
ALSO, being a high profile guy, he wouldn't even have to struggle getting exposed to all the latest product being marketed. He'd have so many pitch books sitting on his coffee table, he'd need someone to do the due diligence for him.

It's basically throwing loads of money and having a few stick. One or two sticks, and it's a major distributor right Uber, AirBnB or Snapchat and you're LOADED.
But he doesn't need to be in Silicon Valley to do this I don't think

I guess this is where we differ.

Because after this year, Klay will have two chips.

No amount of chips is going to alter his standing historically as long as he's playing 3rd fiddle.

If a team offers me (Klay) a 200M Bag, am I really going to stay for the sake of Status and Rings? Hell nah. My status is already solidified. No amount of rings is changing that if I'm Klay. Klay isn't in that air where rings matter to me.

We look at things differently I guess. If I'm Klay, and making Millions every year in SILICON VALLEY? Hell no. I'm never leaving :lol:

I'd make up the "lost" money being an angel investor. Honestly, it's like poker bruh. You control the bids, you control the table. All you need is 1 investment to hit.

Here's some perspective, if you had invested $200 in Uber back in 2012, you could've made $12M right now. Imagine an IPO? MY.GOD.
Eh, that implies that someone has an idea of what they're doing and I've seen it first hand that the athlete advisory business is filled with shady and unqualified people.

Take it from me--it help a LOT having direct exposure.

There's a reason why all the investment banks are in NYC, theres a reason why 90% of statups are in Silicon Valley, there's a reason why most major oil and energy companies are based in Houston.

The closer you are to the product, the better exposure and opportunities you'll have.

Depends on what the difference is. If I'm still being paid a significant amount of money, maybe I'm willing to prioritize other factors instead.

Manu could have signed with the Sixers last summer and made considerably more than what he made w/ San Antonio.

He has the rings and the legacy...so that means he should have signed with Philly right?

Last edited:

You don't, but the deal flow you see is much higher especially during the angel investing phase.

Eh, that implies that someone has an idea of what they're doing and I've seen it first hand that the athlete advisory business is filled with shady and unqualified people.

Of course. But if you surround yourself with the right guys, it won't happen. Is there a possibility you could be around the people you mentioned? Sure, absolutley. But more often than not, guys like Melo, LeBron and Curry aren't doing that.

its so easy to invest but how many athletes do we hear lose millions over bad investments. i dont think its as easy as you making it seem. 

Depends on what the difference is. If I'm still being paid a significant amount of money, maybe I'm willing to prioritize other factors instead.

Manu could have signed with the Sixers last summer and made considerably more than what he made w/ San Antonio.

He has the rings and the legacy...so that means he should have signed with Philly right?
not exactly..

but let's say the spurs offer more money than the warriors to put him together with kawhi.. and then i'm pretty sure san antonio doesnt have state income tax

its so easy to invest but how many athletes do we hear lose millions over bad investments. i dont think its as easy as you making it seem. 
I wouldn't even say it's easy to invest if you're doing it the right way.

If I was an athlete though I'd be doing exactly what HS is suggesting, throwing money at the private markets and seeing what pops, but if I was an athlete I wouldn't have the knowledge base to do so more than likely.

If I was an athlete though I'd be doing exactly what HS is suggesting, throwing money at the private markets and seeing what pops, but if I was an athlete I wouldn't have the knowledge base to do so more than likely.

Very true. But let's give those guys some credit. Some of them are being more aware and learning. Guys like Kobe, Melo and Curry are all very active.

In the 4th quarter:
2017: Curry 3.6 FGA/G, 45%
2016: Westbrook 4.6 FGA/G, 40%

Durant's touches:
2016: 65.3
2017: 61.1

Never about volume.

But Westbrook FROZE KD out.

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

If you don't understand why Durant has less touches playing in GSW offense...while scoring at the same clip and being more efficient....I can't help you.

Very true. But let's give those guys some credit. Some of them are being more aware and learning. Guys like Kobe, Melo and Curry are all very active.
Melo especially. He seems all over it.

The Warriors have the advantage of having really smart money in the building in general, but to the layman person who didn't build their wealth in a "traditional" manner the concept of this kind of stuff is boring.

But fundamentally the way the Warriors are trying to educate their player base is great and every team should. Dudes with that kind of money should be involved in the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom