2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeke is elite man. You max him regardless of who you take. He becomes even more dangerous if Bradley takes another step AND you get a blue chip guard in this draft.

There is no way the Celtics keep Zeke, AB, and Fultz on a roster long term
Zeke AB & Smart all played 30+ mins this year. Just move Smart and there you go. There's room for all 3 in the rotation.

If you're talking about salary cap wise, they have quite a few years before Fultz' rookie deal expires

Zeke is elite man. You max him regardless of who you take. He becomes even more dangerous if Bradley takes another step AND you get a blue chip guard in this draft.

There is no way the Celtics keep Zeke, AB, and Fultz on a roster long term

Because? Drafting Fultz makes Smart absolutely expendable. By the time Fultz is up for an extension, Zeke is on the way out. Bradley will get a bag but Crowder is still on a 360 deal.

A Fultz/ zeke back court is going to be tough

Gortat & Morris really let Washington down in that 4th quarter defensively.

Gortat was just way too slow on every single action Boston was using. Couldn't contest at the rim. Completely useless on that end.

Then Morris looked like his mind was elsewhere whenever Boston had the ball.

Then he had the nerve to try to intimidate Kelly about midway thru the quarter :lol: clown

They're capped out but they'll be hard pressed to accomplish anything with Gortat at the 5.

They traded their 1st for Bobo so they gotta improve within.

Mahinmi has to get right. He is their 2nd highest paid player and was broken all year. Major defensive upgrade over Gortat when healthy.

all good points here

Brooks should have gone to a small ball lineup because Mahinmi and Gortat were a mess out there. I understand wanting your stars to decide the outcome in a game 7 but this is where Stevens coached circles around Brooks, he didn't change his rotation strategy for one game because he simply knew depth was on his side.

The bench alone didn't cost the Wizards the series, had Wall or Beal hit the shot in game 2 it wouldn't have even come down to this. Celtics earned this in the 4th quarter because they played harder and took advantage of the defensive lapses

Gortat & Morris really let Washington down in that 4th quarter defensively.

Gortat was just way too slow on every single action Boston was using. Couldn't contest at the rim. Completely useless on that end.

Then Morris looked like his mind was elsewhere whenever Boston had the ball.

Then he had the nerve to try to intimidate Kelly about midway thru the quarter :lol: clown

They're capped out but they'll be hard pressed to accomplish anything with Gortat at the 5.

They traded their 1st for Bobo so they gotta improve within.

Mahinmi has to get right. He is their 2nd highest paid player and was broken all year. Major defensive upgrade over Gortat when healthy.

Honestly, I think I would try to do something to move Gortat this offseason. He can still contribute and his contract is peanuts compared to others around the league. I said it before, but I think you can duplicate his offense between Mahinmi and Smith. You don't pay those guys a combined 20 mil per season to NOT play.

Wizards have no first round pick, are right up against the cap, and have to figure out a way to get the bench better. TALL task....one of which I don't trust Ernie Grunfeld to do.

That has to be the move. Although they'd be screwed if Mahinmi goes down again, but they're not winning with Gortat anyway.

Zeke AB & Smart all played 30+ mins this year. Just move Smart and there you go. There's room for all 3 in the rotation.

If you're talking about salary cap wise, they have quite a few years before Fultz' rookie deal expires

Because? Drafting Fultz makes Smart absolutely expendable. By the time Fultz is up for an extension, Zeke is on the way out. Bradley will get a bag but Crowder is still on a 360 deal.

I meant as far as minutes/development/touches. Who sits down the stretch? AB?

Short changing the development of fultz/#1 by pairing him with Zeke and AB, also assuming that their success this season can be replicated.

Short changing the development of fultz/#1 by pairing him with Zeke and AB, also assuming that their success this season can be replicated.

Big time.

Underestimated is the Development aspect. This is why scouts do not want their prospects working out in BOS

on a team in need of playmakers, I don't see how Fultz development is stalled. It's like the Harden situation in OKC. Let him run the second team offense and allow him and Zeke to play together.

on a team in need of playmakers, I don't see how Fultz development is stalled. It's like the Harden situation in OKC. Let him run the second team offense and allow him and Zeke to play together.

My number 1 pick, if it's the number 1 pick in the entire draft, can't come off the bench personally.

I'm drafting with the number 1 pick, a player to lead my bench unit?

My number 1 pick, if it's the number 1 pick in the entire draft, can't come off the bench personally.

I feel you shoeking.I would not max out it. Not to mention that he's almost 30. If they get fultz no way. Let him go. I don't trust him to put up this kind of production into his 30s being that short. This one of those don't listen to what your fan base wants and do what is smart type situations.

Last edited:

How often does a 50 win team land a top 3 pick? Any other circumstance, of course you let the kid loose.

I mean he can still play 28 mpg coming off the bench. That's what Smart is playing

I meant as far as minutes/development/touches. Who sits down the stretch? AB?
They run Zeke AB & Smart against pretty much every lineup. Get rid of Smart here.

Nobody has to sit.

I'll say it again....if the Celtics keep this top 4 pick then Jonathan Isaac is the perfect fit for them. Fultz, Lonzo, Josh Jackson, Fox, etc all either duplicate what they already have or are a bad fit with what they currently have.

Lead the bench unit and attack teams 1on1 when they swarm IT.

He's gonna get a ton of time with the ball in his hands. Not as much as if you gave him the keys, but he'll still get ample opportunity to make plays.

Obviously his role will expand as he develops.

If you are the Celtics, barring a major trade you take the best player available and sort it out later...when you in the top 3-5 picks you always go for talent over need...last time a team was in Boston's position they goofed by picking Darko cuz thats what they needed :lol: :x

And development isnt just throwing your draft pick out there and giving them starter mins, they can get the same improvement by playing good mins off the bench on a good team and putting in work in practice...only reason the top picks play big mins cuz the teams they go to are default TRASH

Last edited:
They run Zeke AB & Smart against pretty much every lineup. Get rid of Smart here.

Nobody has to sit.

Smart has 30 lbs on Fultz tho. He's built to bang with SFs if need be. Not saying Fultz won't get bigger and stronger, but that's a lot of weight to put on a PG

Lead the bench unit and attack teams 1on1 when they swarm IT.

He's gonna get a ton of time with the ball in his hands. Not as much as if you gave him the keys, but he'll still get ample opportunity to make plays.

Obviously his role will expand as he develops.

And he gets a chance to match up against one of the premier defenders in the league everyday in practice.

Nobody has to sit.

Smart has 30 lbs on Fultz tho. He's built to bang with SFs if need be. Not saying Fultz won't get bigger and stronger, but that's a lot of weight to put on a PG
Fair point.

He might be the odd man out initially. With his role expanding as the years go on. I don't think he'd fail to reach his ceiling in that scenario. He'd still be getting a lot of mins, playing meaningful basketball. Real repetitions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom