2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiz dont have the money or the pieces to get Cousins...they just gon overpay Otto (cuz they have no choice) and rock with basically the same roster

N hope the Collecter is straight, i know he be on that herron and cheap beer combo sometimes..n thats after wins :lol: :smh: :x

It would have to be a sign/trade involving Otto and other pieces...

Gotta think the Wizards will be trying to make a move for Boogie. As it stands now, they wouldn't get by the Cavs and the C's have the assets right now to make their team even stronger after their eventual ECF loss. Wall/Beal are not enough...need a bonafide 3rd star on that roster to get over the hump.

Why would the Pelicans already trade Cousins when they literally just got him and him and AD barely got to play together? Wizards absolutely need to find a way to upgrade their center position though. They could get Okafor from us for cheap as a guy that could at least score the ball in the post unlike Gortat. Should have tried to get Noel at the trade deadline

Cousins' contract is up after this year (I think.) If the Pels think they can't afford him long term, they may entertain offers.

Is Austin even a top 70 nba player? You think another team would've offered him 11 mill a year when his Career MPG is 22 minutes at 8 points per game?  Cmon b only reason why he gets tick/paid  is because his dad is the coach. 
You really think the only reason Austin gets bump is because of his dad? I legit thought that was done with.

Look at his per 36 production in 15'-16' and the way he ended the year. Given his age, and the Clips desperate need for at least one young guy in the rotation, it was an educated gamble that so far has payed off.

Last edited:

Is Austin even a top 70 nba player? You think another team would've offered him 11 mill a year when his Career MPG is 22 minutes at 8 points per game?  Cmon b only reason why he gets tick/paid  is because his dad is the coach. 
You really think the only reason Austin gets bump is because of his dad? I legit thought that was done with.
I mean pending their current roster, his salary, his performance career-wisein the NBA, yes I believe so.  The market value for back up PG's who don't show up in big moments is $11 mill now? Cmon b 
mean.gif
roll.gif

All I know is that he avg 8 points in the playoffs playing 30 minutes a game.  

Last edited:

I mean pending their current roster, his salary, his performance career-wisein the NBA, yes I believe so.  The market value for back up PG's who don't show up in big moments is $11 mill now? Cmon b 
mean.gif
roll.gif
Look at what Delly and Jared Bayless got that same summer. Whether those guys are better or worse than Austin, it was marginal and he's much younger than those guys. That was the market. Austin was going to get that bag if it wasn't from LAC it would have been NYK, or Portland, or a couple of other teams that met with him and wanted him during that summer.

You can't put up 12 a game, in 26 min for a 50 win team and be in the league because of your dad. 38Ms for a guy who can give you that, is not crazy at all.

Not to mention in like 30 games that he started last year, he was at over 16 a game and shot over 40% on 3's while being a two way player. He's way past the whole "I'm only getting paid because my dad's the coach" thing. Way past it.

Last edited:
Austin Rivers has improved but lets not change history and act like his Dad didnt save his career...he was rotting away on the bench and NOBODY was checking for him till Doc threw him a lifeline by trading for him then actually giving him mins, which he refused/still refuses to do with other young players except his son

Austin Rivers has improved but lets not change history and act like his Dad didnt save his career...he was rotting away on the bench and NOBODY was checking for him till Doc threw him a lifeline by trading for him then actually giving him mins, which he refused/still refuses to do with other young players except his son

He was heading to China

1) He was indeed heading to china and he did save his career. However, that wasn't what I was disputing

2) Take away the nepotism part, if you draft late and have 3 max guys and are consistently a 50 win team, most of your young guys won't play. This isn't even about Doc, it's a fact with just about every really good team in the NBA. So when you're drafting late and have no assets to trade, a young lottery pick on a good deal is a gamble, but a worthy one. Regardless if it's doc's son or not, that's a tangible play that good teams make all the time.

Most late draft picks aren't good and don't pan off. It's not like Reggie Bullock or Branden Dawson or CJ Wilcox are lighting the NBA up. The fault lies in is drafting the wrong guys with those picks, which is a very valid criticism. Those guys aren't NBA players though and shouldn't be getting bump.

Last edited:
Gotta think the Wizards will be trying to make a move for Boogie. As it stands now, they wouldn't get by the Cavs and the C's have the assets right now to make their team even stronger after their eventual ECF loss. Wall/Beal are not enough...need a bonafide 3rd star on that roster to get over the hump.
how yall gonna get boogie without giving up wall or beal

how yall gonna get boogie without giving up wall or beal

I think they would for sure have to give up Beal. I'm not trading who people think is possibly the best big man in the league for damn Otto Porter, a late first rounder and some crap off their bench that did nothing for them.

The Wiz needs to get rid of bad contracts and strengthen their depth. That bench was embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom