2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clips have the same problems they've always had. Just can't win when they need to for some odd reason.. Doc has been a solid GM

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome.

Clips have the same problems they've always had. Just can't win when they need to for some odd reason.. Doc has been a solid GM
cause they

tenor.gif

Again doc hasn't been a horrible GM. I'd say average. He's been exceptional at finding contributors with vet minimums. Had some real bad blunders drafting wise. Lawrence frank taking over along with us getting a d league team next season hopefully will allow us to get some more solid talent on the margins.

Above everything I genuinely feel like the clips biggest issue is their stars not being able to consistently stay away from serious injury in the regular season. Caps them at a 3-4 seed and makes that second round matchup which already was going to be tough, even tougher w/o home court.

Blake and DJ under 30. CP still elite. **** it keep running that thang back. Not like anyone is beating the gsw anyway. Keep winning 50+ games and see what happens come playoff time

Per Forbes:

View media item 2408752

Last edited:
Strip Doc of GM duties
Please, please, please....get rid of Jamal Crawford Finaly
Stay healthy
Find a way to get a productive SF

STAY HEALTHY....that's what the Clips "need to do".

Tbh doc isn't the gm anymore :wow:l it's Lawrence Frank. Doc just has that final say/title

And I mean sure you would like someone better than Luc but he's an awesome defender and hits enough open 3's to keep teams honest now. Outside of GSW's starting 5 and their death lineup, no lineup is better than the Clip's starting 5 and I personally believe Luc is a reason for that. Besides, when you have DJ, CP, Blake, AND JJ, there's not much production to be had out of that 3 position. Just gotta make open 3's and defend.

Agree on everything else. Jamal gotta go :lol: let young AR take over. Wouldn't mind parting with JJ either.

Last edited:
Before Chris Paul arrived the clippers had only made the playoffs 4 times in the previous 25 years.

Going further, they had only been out of the first round once in the prior 25 years.

They have been complete garbage for the vast majority of their time in LA.

I have zero confidence that a rebuild would go well for them. Doc as president of ops doesn't give me any comfort at all.

They make it to the 2nd round just about every season & put up a fight in that round. Absolutely no need for THIS franchise to blow it up. This is far and away the greatest group of talent they've ever had.
[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Before Chris Paul arrived the clippers had only made the playoffs 4 times in the previous 25 years.

Going further, they had only been out of the first round once in the prior 25 years.

They have been complete garbage for the vast majority of their time in LA.

I have zero confidence that a rebuild would go well for them. Doc as president of ops doesn't give me any comfort at all.

They make it to the 2nd round just about every season & put up a fight in that round. Absolutely no need for THIS franchise to blow it up. This is far and away the greatest group of talent they've ever had.

Amen

Truthfully, it's been outside pressure and media types that are driving this "Clips need to blow it up" narrative.

They don't. When you have a core of two 20 something all star big men....and a super star PG....you ride that out and hope for some breaks (injuries to other teams, health on your team, good seeding etc).

2011 "broke right" for the Mavs....

Truthfully, it's been outside pressure and media types that are driving this "Clips need to blow it up" narrative.

They don't. When you have a core of two 20 something all star big men....and a super star PG....you ride that out and hope for some breaks (injuries to other teams, health on your team, good seeding etc).

2011 "broke right" for the Mavs....
You don't spend that much money and live in the luxury tax only to hope to catch a break.

You don't spend that much money and live in the luxury tax only to hope to catch a break.
When The Golden State Warriors are doing what they're doing right now, you kind of have to.

Call a spade a spade. If the Clips should blow it up, then every team in the west should blow it up. Because feasibly, no team has a shot at defeating the warriors 4 times out of 7.

Because like, golden state doesn't appear to be going anywhere. The Spurs can't beat them in a series, the rockets can't, the grizzlies can't, the clippers can't, the blazers can't, no one can beat them in a 7 game series and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. So what do you do with those teams then?

Last edited:
Tbh doc isn't the gm anymore :wow:l it's Lawrence Frank. Doc just has that final say/title

And I mean sure you would like someone better than Luc but he's an awesome defender and hits enough open 3's to keep teams honest now. Outside of GSW's starting 5 and their death lineup, no lineup is better than the Clip's starting 5 and I personally believe Luc is a reason for that. Besides, when you have DJ, CP, Blake, AND JJ, there's not much production to be had out of that 3 position. Just gotta make open 3's and defend.

Agree on everything else. Jamal gotta go
laugh.gif
let young AR take over. Wouldn't mind parting with JJ either.
Don't know what Clippers you are watching. Luc is definitely a below-average player in the NBA. Solid defense, yes, but doesn't bring anything else to the table.

you dont blow it up, but ballmer out of his mind for giving doc all that power. no man should have all that power
not a fan of the whole gm/coach duo role

Last edited:

I'm sure the LAC is doing just fine revenue wise, shoeking confirm? Living near Luxary Tax threshold means nothing
They're almost at like 300 straight sellouts from what I know, but other than that I can't speak on revenue. All I know is that our owner is a billionaire lol

Above everything I genuinely feel like the clips biggest issue is their stars not being able to consistently stay away from serious injury in the regular season. Caps them at a 3-4 seed and makes that second round matchup which already was going to be tough, even tougher w/o home court.

That's an oversimplification. They were up 3-1 on the Rockets, had a big lead in the fourth at home to finish the series & gave it up w/ their starters on the floor & Harden on the bench. They also completely punted the game before that which could've ended the series.

They took 1 game in OKC and were going to take another one if not for a cringeworthy choke job. Then got eliminated at home, giving them two home losses in the series.

I'd buy the HCA reasoning if LA was defending homecourt but always getting dropped on the road, but that hasn't been the case at all.

Last edited:
That's an oversimplification. They were up 3-1 on the Rockets, had a big lead in the fourth at home to finish the series & gave it up w/ their starters on the floor & Harden on the bench. They also completely punted the game before that which could've ended the series.

They took 1 game in OKC and were going to take another one if not for a cringeworthy choke job. Then got eliminated at home, giving them two home losses in the series.

I'd buy the HCA reasoning if LA was defending homecourt but always getting dropped on the road, but that hasn't been the case at all.
Obviously those are situations in which they could of taken advantage of, and arguably should of but still you would like to have homecourt than not is all i'm saying. You're right in that they haven't been great at defending HC in the playoffs, but I don't look at the previous year(s) as an indicator for homecourt. Each season is different, and every season you'd like to have HC for as many rounds as possible come playoff time.

Maybe it's a 4-0 sweep against Houston if they have homecourt. Who knows how different that series is against OKC with homecourt.

Their issues choking notwithstanding, I just prefer to have that Homecourt going into the postseason and just go from there.

Last edited:

When The Golden State Warriors are doing what they're doing right now, you kind of have to.

Call a spade a spade. If the Clips should blow it up, then every team in the west should blow it up. Because feasibly, no team has a shot at defeating the warriors 4 times out of 7.

Because like, golden state doesn't appear to be going anywhere. The Spurs can't beat them in a series, the rockets can't, the grizzlies can't, the clippers can't, the blazers can't, no one can beat them in a 7 game series and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. So what do you do with those teams then?
Warriors actually don't have it on lock, because they are going to have to make some key decisions soon. Curry hits FA soon, which they will have to sign right? They don't carry Bird Rights for KD, so they're going to have to shed some contracts to resign him. What made the Warriors so tough before was how deep they were and the team friendly contacts they had. That's slowly slipping away with Klay getting paid, Draymond getting paid, and Curry & KD next.

Basically, Warriors had a couple of lucky years that Curry became Curry during the underpaid years because of that extension, that's ending very soon.

Secondly, I think the Rockets have a team built to beat the Warriors. They have the roster that can actually match up and play to their speed, which the Clippers and Spurs don't.

It aint' doc fault man. Doc aint' choke in OKC and against houston at home in game 6. Doc ain't out here getting injured and missing significant time year in and year out. That to me is an oversimplification.

I'm sure the LAC is doing just fine revenue wise, shoeking confirm? Living near Luxary Tax threshold means nothing
LOL, any owner that's not winning championships are concerned about that threshold. Clippers are still selling cheap tickets, don't get it twisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom