2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

This. They got at least a ring. None of them have that pressure that Bron had or KD has. And at some point you know Klay wants to try being the man somewhere.
Klay Thompson is 27 years old. What good team is he going to go to and be "The Man"? 

Reactions: OTG
Rockets probably playing there worst basketball all year the past 4 games. Held under season averages and got outrebounded and out hustled.

Still a gentlemens sweep.

Hoping it's out of their system now. Took care of business, now get Harden and Ariza some rest.

Last edited:
Is that man wearing an Isaiah Thomas jersey at a Jazz/Clippers game? Or did I not see the 3 next to the 4?

Last edited:
"Russell Westbrook was off the floor for 6 minutes in Game 5.

In those 6 minutes, the Rockets outscored the Thunder 27-9."

The turning point for games 2,3,4,5 in this series were the breaks at end of third/beginning of fourth for Russ and Harden. Thats where the Rockets made their move each time while OKC squandered decent leads each time.

Lets Blame the man who had 47,11,9 though playing with a SG who shot 2-20 from the FT line in the series. :rolleyes

Don't get me wrong he didn't play well in these fourth quarters but Id say a large part could be attributed to him putting it all out on the floor beforehand to even get to that point each and every game. That combined with no shooters on the floor at all and he was operating with no space which obviously led to ugly forced shots. Not a good combo but the Thunder have been an inherently flawed team all season... Them getting to this point is really all that could be expected and thats generous.

Y'all gonna continue hating either way though so I'll digress.

He went 7/10 his rookie year
Ok, small sample size but still  
laugh.gif

It has to be mental for any NBA player to be shooting under 10% for FT's.

Still heck of a defensive player

Klay Thompson is 27 years old. What good team is he going to go to and be "The Man"? 
You act like it has to be a good team. He could get a big deal out east somewhere. You don't get too many chances to cash out. I just don't see him content being the 3rd option for the long term, not when he was the 2nd option on a 73 win team.

"Taking deals" isn't the norm. Bron and Wade did to get Bron that ring. They both wanted as much as they could get post Big 3 though.

Put klay on any team. High percentage shooters are needed on every team i dont even know how thats a question.
That's not what the question was.

He said Klay would want to be THE MAN on another team. At 27 years old (will be 29 going on 30 when his FA begins)...what GOOD team is he going to go to and be "The Man"? At almost 30...what BAD team will he go to and make them contenders? 

He's not that type of player. This isn't exactly a James Harden changing roles with a different team and being "the man". He was still a kid. 

You act like it has to be a good team. He could get a big deal out east somewhere. You don't get too many chances to cash out. I just don't see him content being the 3rd option for the long term, not when he was the 2nd option on a 73 win team.

"Taking deals" isn't the norm. Bron and Wade did to get Bron that ring. They both wanted as much as they could get post Big 3 though.
Right...Klay Thompson at almost 30 will be dying to get a big deal on a bad team at the beginning of the downside of his career. 

Makes sense. As a "3rd option" he literally averaged the same PPG 
laugh.gif

Yall so scared to see them run the table for years to come and want them to break up so bad 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom