2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol are we going to forget Russ played the same way when he had kd and harden on his team?

FOH. He plays like that because its in his DNA.

Last edited:
LOL if you think players are actually writing all that

i'm sure they have editors

but why wouldn't they be able to write?

dion waiters (the above story) seems like he legit wrote it.

maybe someone else typed it and edited it....

but i'll take that over any of the people ESPN just gave pink slips to......

every article i read on there was exponentially better than anything i've read from any non-athlete.

jamal crawford's article on shot creators....what makes you think he didn't write it? cause it's articulate?

From Wikipedia:

The Players' Tribune has been criticized for utilizing the practice of ghostwriting in some of its articles. "Like nearly every post on the site, the Ortiz essay was not written directly by its bylined athlete but instead crafted from a recorded interview with a Tribune staff producer.", wrote Richard Sandomir, in an article for the New York Times.[26]

In a Reddit [27] AMA, editors from the site described their process as follows: "The process depends on the athlete and how comfortable they are sitting down and writing a first draft. Some of them come to us with drafts they've already written, and they want our help taking it to the next level and really expressing what they want to get across.

For example, an NFL player recently came to us after writing four or five rough drafts, and he was struggling to get his point across the way he wanted to, so I went through and highlighted three different sections and we went over it for a long time -- trying to get more detail, making sure the tone was what he wanted, and simply trying to make it compelling.

Others come to us in the middle of a season (or, in some cases, literally in the middle of a playoff series) and they really want to get a story out but they simply don't have the time to bang out a rough draft, or they're freaked out about staring at a blank page with a blinking cursors (aren't we all?) so we either meet up with them or hop on a call and go over what they want to say. They basically dictate it with us doing what editors do -- asking questions, pushing for follow-up detail, and generally just playing the role of "curious reader."

Ultimately, the athlete has final edits and approval over everything, so I think it creates an environment where they're comfortable to go a little deeper, and get a little more personal, than they normally would." [28]

@eNPHAN are you seriously asking if Wall made Blanche, McGee and Swaggy better in comparison to what Russ did this season?

Wall was a rookie with that team. Completely unfair comparison.

You also said Russ has consistently been deeper in the playoffs then Wall.

Yeah with KD on his team. Wall has never had a KD as a sidekick. Another completely unfair statement.

my point in bringing up walls former teammates is to say...who, exactly, is he making better?

bradley beal might as well be KD compared to the players on the OKC roster, bro.

so wall and cp3 miraculously make victor oladipo NOT shoot 24 percent from 3 and have 10 assists to 7 turnovers in 5 games?

unfair statements? even SUGGESTING that wall or cp3 would do BETTER with this roster is an unfair statement.

rhetorically asking who john wall made better can be unfair.

"yeah with KD on his team"

without KD....he was a 5 seed.

look at the cavs without bron.

look at the nuggets without melo.

look at OKC without KD.....hell, LOOK AT GOLDEN STATE WITHOUT KD

LMAOOOO

are wall or cp3 averaging a triple double and taking this roster to a 5 seed?

another rhetorical question.

dudes on NT really be thinking they schooling you.

dude posted a wiki article saying what i was ASSUMING was the case...

like he was contradicting me.

LOL

did he even read the whole wiki article, or?

Lol u better do sum more research on how warriors did without KD

only stat i can find is that they were 11-4 as of march 29th.

11-4.

what an impact.

also, love how you glossed over 10 paragraphs to "lol" @ this particular point, which is still valid.

CAVS went from 60 wins to lottery without lebron

OKC went from 2 seed to 5 seed without KD (they also lost ibaka)

if that's not telling of russell westbrooks impact on that roster...i dunno what else i can type for yall.

edit: KD missed from march till the end of the season? during the month of march the warriors were 17-5....and won 14 in a row.

lol indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Celtics are back in playoff rhythm after being rocked by Chyna Thomas' death. Rondo wouldnt have anymore impact had he played. We would just let him shoot and anticipate his wild passes with us sagging off him. This series is gonna' be a wrap in the Rose Garden, Friday night.

Onto John Wall & the Wizards!

Bradley blunts stepped it up tonite err..this afternoon. Breaking down the defense like a fresh white owl after a long day at work :pimp:

Cavs didn't have another allstar player after lebron left. Completely different situation. Almost laughable how you are putting them together.

Ephan stays dropping inaccurate information.

Thunder were 3rd seed last year and a 6th seed this year, not a 2nd seed then a 5th seed.

my point in bringing up walls former teammates is to say...who, exactly, is he making better?

bradley beal might as well be KD compared to the players on the OKC roster, bro.

so wall and cp3 miraculously make victor oladipo NOT shoot 24 percent from 3 and have 10 assists to 7 turnovers in 5 games?

unfair statements? even SUGGESTING that wall or cp3 would do BETTER with this roster is an unfair statement.

rhetorically asking who john wall made better can be unfair.

"yeah with KD on his team"

without KD....he was a 5 seed.

look at the cavs without bron.

look at the nuggets without melo.

look at OKC without KD.....hell, LOOK AT GOLDEN STATE WITHOUT KD

LMAOOOO

are wall or cp3 averaging a triple double and taking this roster to a 5 seed?

another rhetorical question.

Have you actually taken a look at what Russ did in the 4th quarter of the series vs Houston? He was absolutely garbage. His style of play gave OKC no chance to win in the 4th quarter. 4 4th quarter assist in the whole series. He shot them out of the game. 2 for 11 last night.

His team was conditioned all season to let Russ do it. Now that he's eliminated everyone wants to point at his team. Great players can inspire and build confidence in their teammates. Multiple players throughout the history of the game have. Russ doesn't do that at all. Congratulations on that triple double record though I guess.

Wall as the guy has never been eliminated in the 1st round. So far Russ is 0 for 1. We'll see what he does next season but I suspect OKC won't be leaps and bounds better. So I'm sure his team sucks narrative will continue.

Ephan stays dropping inaccurate information.

Thunder were 3rd seed last year and a 6th seed this year, not a 2nd seed then a 5th seed.

You're nitpicking at this point.

Those minor errors don't really take away from his overall argument.

His argument is dumb af lol

And he's talking about a cancer whose team is out of the playoffs in the playoff thread. Tell him to take his loser talk elsewhere.

Celtics are back in playoff rhythm after being rocked by Chyna Thomas' death. Rondo wouldnt have anymore impact had he played. We would just let him shoot and anticipate his wild passes with us sagging off him. This series is gonna' be a wrap in the Rose Garden, Friday night.

Onto John Wall & the Wizards!

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom