2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
my point in bringing up walls former teammates is to say...who, exactly, is he making better?

bradley beal might as well be KD compared to the players on the OKC roster, bro.

so wall and cp3 miraculously make victor oladipo NOT shoot 24 percent from 3 and have 10 assists to 7 turnovers in 5 games?

unfair statements? even SUGGESTING that wall or cp3 would do BETTER with this roster is an unfair statement.

rhetorically asking who john wall made better can be unfair.

"yeah with KD on his team"

without KD....he was a 5 seed.

look at the cavs without bron.

look at the nuggets without melo.

look at OKC without KD.....hell, LOOK AT GOLDEN STATE WITHOUT KD

LMAOOOO

are wall or cp3 averaging a triple double and taking this roster to a 5 seed?

another rhetorical question.

Have you actually taken a look at what Russ did in the 4th quarter of the series vs Houston? He was absolutely garbage. His style of play gave OKC no chance to win in the 4th quarter. 4 4th quarter assist in the whole series. He shot them out of the game. 2 for 11 last night.

His team was conditioned all season to let Russ do it. Now that he's eliminated everyone wants to point at his team. Great players can inspire and build confidence in their teammates. Multiple players throughout the history of the game have. Russ doesn't do that at all. Congratulations on that triple double record though I guess.

Wall as the guy has never been eliminated in the 1st round. So far Russ is 0 for 1. We'll see what he does next season but I suspect OKC won't be leaps and bounds better. So I'm sure his team sucks narrative will continue.

Say that louder for the folks in the back.

Ok, but who is behind the the interview and editing process? Probably a journalist.

i see i hit a nerve.

they are providing the content, which is the only thing that is important.

Athletes always provide the content in sports journalism :lol:

Not really, I'm just showing that the Player's Tribune isn't all that different from your typical sports publication, only difference is you see athlete's names in the "By:" line.

Last edited:
Cavs didn't have another allstar player after lebron left. Completely different situation. Almost laughable how you are putting them together.

imma just start preemptively typing yalls responses before you get a chance.

kyrie was winning 20 games out there. (OH HE WAS A ROOKIE MAN)

and according to yall

westbrook isn't an allstar player....he wasn't a starter. he's just a ballhog putting up inflated stats. (OH HE MADE THE ALL STAR TEAM, THATS AN UNFAIR STATEMENT)

you can't have it both ways

it can't be "hes a ballhog who can't win" in one breath

then "oh, OKC is different cause russell is an all-star" (OKC IS DIFFERENT THO, I MEAN, THEY HAVE WESTBROOK AND THE CAVS HAVE LEBRON SO THERE, THATS HOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT!)

we were judging KDs impact, and comparing to to lebron.

fact is, they dropped from a (OH MY GOD SO WRONG ABOUT THE SEEDING!) 3rd to 6th. same amount of spots as 2nd to 5th (I TOTALLY DISPROVED YOUR ENTIRE POINT BY POINTING OUT THAT YOU TYPED THE WRONG SEEDING. GOT YOU! FINALLY! )

again, i remember, over the summer, people said, "if russell takes this roster to the playoffs he's the CLEAR MVP" almost joking, like it was completely laughable that this roster would ever make the playoffs in the west......(NOBODY EVER SAID THAT, DOG)

same people now clamoring for harden as MVP LOL (HES STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS LOL)

just say you don't like russell's face or something (ITS HIS CLOTHES)

it's some sort of deep seeded bias or something. (THATS AN UNFAIR STATEMENT)

i actually had a kobe fan go "now, when kobe shot 11/28....."

my response; did kobe go 11/28 with 10 assists and 10 rebounds?

he didn't see how that was relevant. (I DONT, EITHER!)

LMAO

Without KD, Russ failed to make it to the playoffs one year and won only one game this year.

:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Athletes always provide the content in sports journalism :lol:

Not really, I'm just showing that the Player's Tribune isn't all that different from your typical sports publication, only difference is you see athlete's names in the "By:" line.

actually, it's completely different from any other typical sports publication. in the wiki article you posted, it said "we have players come back with 4 or 5 rough drafts"

current professional athletes submitting articles isn't typical, bro.

but good try tho.

stop now.

Cavs didn't have another allstar player after lebron left. Completely different situation. Almost laughable how you are putting them together.

imma just start preemptively typing yalls responses before you get a chance.

kyrie was winning 20 games out there. (OH HE WAS A ROOKIE MAN)

and according to yall

westbrook isn't an allstar player....he wasn't a starter. he's just a ballhog putting up inflated stats. (OH HE MADE THE ALL STAR TEAM, THATS AN UNFAIR STATEMENT)

you can't have it both ways

it can't be "hes a ballhog who can't win" in one breath

then "oh, OKC is different cause russell is an all-star" (OKC IS DIFFERENT THO, I MEAN, THEY HAVE WESTBROOK AND THE CAVS HAVE LEBRON SO THERE, THATS HOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT!)

we were judging KDs impact, and comparing to to lebron.

fact is, they dropped from a (OH MY GOD SO WRONG ABOUT THE SEEDING!) 3rd to 6th. same amount of spots as 2nd to 5th (I TOTALLY DISPROVED YOUR ENTIRE POINT BY POINTING OUT THAT YOU TYPED THE WRONG SEEDING. GOT YOU! FINALLY! )

again, i remember, over the summer, people said, "if russell takes this roster to the playoffs he's the CLEAR MVP" almost joking, like it was completely laughable that this roster would ever make the playoffs in the west......(NOBODY EVER SAID THAT, DOG)

same people now clamoring for harden as MVP LOL (HES STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS LOL)

just say you don't like russell's face or something (ITS HIS CLOTHES)

it's some sort of deep seeded bias or something. (THATS AN UNFAIR STATEMENT)

i actually had a kobe fan go "now, when kobe shot 11/28....."

my response; did kobe go 11/28 with 10 assists and 10 rebounds?

he didn't see how that was relevant. (I DONT, EITHER!)

LMAO

Lol just read what you said. 2nd to 5th is a lot better than 3rd to 6th.

2nd>3rd while 5th>6th

Just think about it a little longer...

:rofl:

Who thought OKC wouldnt make it to the playoffs?

Last edited:

They're glorified interviews.

But I don't care enough about this topic to continue a back-and-forth on it.

Without KD, Russ failed to make it to the playoffs one year and one game this year.

compete sentences, bro.

without russell, (or golden state) KD hasn't made it to the playoffs, period, tho.

Without kd on russ's team, like in 2014-2015 when KD was hurt, russ failed to led his team to the playoffs, and this year, russ led his team to only one win in the playoffs.

There's no logic behind expecting a rookie John Wall to preform at the same level as 9 year vet Russ Westbrook.

I'm still lost by that comparison. I mean what the hell is really going on around here? AH HA HA HA

@eNPHAN can you please explain to me what Russ did in the 4th quarter against Houston in the series and how he's not at fault? It's completely indefensible. He sunk them.

@WavyCrocket please post the breakdown of Russ in the 4th again.

Last edited:
Have you actually taken a look at what Russ did in the 4th quarter of the series vs Houston? He was absolutely garbage. His style of play gave OKC no chance to win in the 4th quarter. 4 4th quarter assist in the whole series. He shot them out of the game. 2 for 11 last night.

His team was conditioned all season to let Russ do it. Now that he's eliminated everyone wants to point at his team. Great players can inspire and build confidence in their teammates. Multiple players throughout the history of the game have. Russ doesn't do that at all. Congratulations on that triple double record though I guess.

Wall as the guy has never been eliminated in the 1st round. So far Russ is 0 for 1. We'll see what he does next season but I suspect OKC won't be leaps and bounds better. So I'm sure his team sucks narrative will continue.

LMAO this is comedy

first of all, did you look at the other OKC players 4th quarter stats, to compare them?

again, i don't see how a 6 point loss is the fault of the guy who scored 47...when the rest of the team scored 52.....i just don't understand what kind of mindset works in this fashion.

his style of play didn't give OKC a chance? so victor oladipo's style of play did? was russell supposed to feed kanter? like,

WHAT WAS RUSSELL WESTBROOK SUPPOSED TO DO THAT HE DIDN'T DO, RANDOM NTER WHO IS PROBABLY 5'3" 120 LBS? PLEASE, TELL RUSSELL WESTBROOK HOW TO PLAY NBA BASKETBALL BETTER....

i think what you guys are missing is that OKC WASNT GOING TO WIN THIS SERIES AT ALL. THEY HAVE A ROSTER OF PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE PLAYING PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL VERY SHORTLY. IT IS A MIRACLE BESTOWED BY WESTBROOK THAT THEY WON MORE THAN 15-20 GAMES.

"his team was conditioned all year to let russ do it" because they are bums

"now that they lose everyone wants to point to his team" the team that has been bums the whole time? ok.

"great players inspire and build confidence in their teammates" read enes kanter's article on russell. he does that. he inspired this bum roster to a playoff spot. nobody but lebron could have done this....

wall has never been eliminated in the first round? this is an easy statement to make when he failed to make the playoffs 5 out of the 8 years he's played basketball LOL

when did russell lead a team to be 14th 13th 12th and 10th in the eastern conference?

There's no logic behind expecting a rookie John Wall to preform at the same level as 9 year vet Russ Westbrook.

I'm still lost by that comparison. I mean what the hell is really going on around here? AH HA HA HA

@eNPHAN can you please explain to me what Russ did in the 4th quarter against Houston in the series and how he's not at fault? It's completely indefensible. He sunk them.

@wavy crocket please post the breakdown of Russ in the 4th again.

Collector famb

He's acting like a rookie russ didn't led his team to only 23 wins with KD

wall has never been eliminated in the first round? this is an easy statement to make when he failed to make the playoffs 5 out of the 8 years he's played basketball LOL

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

@wavy crocket please post the breakdown of Russ in the 4th again.

you're stuck on a comparison i made to ask who john wall has made better.

here, this will help you understand my reasoning

WHO HAS JOHN WALL MADE BETTER?

clear enough for you?

how about this, 9 year vet john wall is making who, exactly, BETTER? otto porter? he's pretty trash, bro. john wall's wizards placed 10th in the eastern conference just last year. never bring him up in the same sentence as westbrook, the god. (and i like john wall)

AGAIN, THE POINT YOU ARE MISSING IS, WHO ELSE WAS GOING TO DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT TO CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THAT GAME?

"russell sunk them"

WHAT WOULD ANYONE ELSE ON THAT ROSTER HAVE DONE?

WOULD VICTOR OLADIPO HAVE WON THAT GAME FOR THEM, HAD RUSSELL WESTBROOK NOT BALL HOGGED?

IS THIS THE ARGUMENT YOU ARE MAKING?

CAUSE ITS FUNNY

2nd>3rd while 5th>6th

its 3.

its 3 spots.

this is an example of a goofy *** nter trying to contradict objective evidence.

2 to 5 is three spots. 3 to 6 is three spots.

you are beginning to look bad, here.

stop.

Maybe if russ wasn't such a cancer, harden would have re-signed with okc right away, kd wouldn't left, and Reggie Jackson wouldn't have requested for a trade.

Russ only has himself to blame

dudes be so deep in trying to one up me, they literally have no idea what they're even arguing.

my mans said "2 to 5th is a lot better than 3rd to 6th"

lmao

what are you even arguing bro?

do you even know?

i have no idea.

2nd>3rd while 5th>6th

its 3.

its 3 spots.

this is an example of a goofy *** nter trying to contradict objective evidence.

2 to 5 is three spots. 3 to 6 is three spots.

you are beginning to look bad, here.

stop.

Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom