2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smh at Doc PLAYING Jamal Crawford and Paul Pierce at the same damn time :smh: :lol:
They asked Ty Lue about Bron's playoff mins.

First he said he wasn't concerned at all, pointed to the sweep, then basically said other coaches should tighten the rotation & maybe they wouldn't be struggling :lol:

I immediately thought about Doc & Billy D

Both series end tonight.. Milwaukee is favored but I like the raps.

I also sense a spurs blowout..

That long list of players Doc Rivers has acquired throughout his Clippers tenure is embarrassing

Last edited:
Both series end tonight.. Milwaukee is favored but I like the raps.

I also sense a spurs blowout..

Idk man. I think we win tonight. Grizz would really have to play bad for that to happen because we've played the Spurs pretty close the entire season and series. I tihnk we win, but lose Game 7 in a blowout though :lol:

Doc's best free agent signing is really Luc Mbah a Moute

Yep :lol: . What happens to the Clippers if they lose this series? It seems like their fortune is always ruined due to injuries. What's the likelihood of the core group staying together?

Last edited:
C-bh4CTUIAASCw-

Paul Pierce playing meaningful minutes in a 2017 playoff series puts the stamp on the Doc Rivers is a horrible GM argument.

Idc that Blake is hurt, if Blake gets hurt and the next guy on the roster to play is Paul Pierce then you suck.

FIRE DOC RIVERS

This also plays a part in my "Chris Paul should leave the Clippers (and come to San Antonio)" argument but yeah.

Doc Rivers sucks

Last edited:
I never understood the infatuation with Doc around the league anyways.

He had a good run with Boston's big 3, but outside of that he's been mediocre.

- 3 1st round exits in Orlando; 2 seasons of not making the playoffs at all
- 2 seasons of missing the playoffs before the big 3 came to Boston, only had 2 finals appearance with that group
- not a single WCF appearance with the Clippers group -- you can blame part on injuries, but I still think its ridiculous with that core group

Is it really his coaching that had the Clippers playing at a high level over the last few seasons? You rarely see his teams outperform expectations.

Even as a FO person, his record is terrible. Let Lance Stephenson and Joe Ingles walk for basically Jeff Green and Dahntay Jones (while giving up a 1st round pick). Keeps bringing back Jamal Crawford for whatever reason.

I guess you can thank him for Austin Rivers developing into a player, but that's about it.

Last edited:

He had a good run with Boston's big 3, but outside of that he's been mediocre. Is it really his coaching that had the Clippers playing at a high level over the last few seasons? You rarely see his teams outperform expectations.

Even as a FO person, his record is terrible. Let Lance Stephenson and Joe Ingles walk for basically Jeff Green and Dahntay Jones (while giving up a 1st round pick). Keeps bringing back Jamal Crawford for whatever reason.

I guess you can thank him for Austin Rivers developing into a player, but that's about it.

He wasn't horrible in Orlando. I think he won coach of the year.

Doc the GM is bad tho. Only a select few can be over personnel descisons and coach the team. It rarely works.

Last edited:

He had a good run with Boston's big 3, but outside of that he's been mediocre. Is it really his coaching that had the Clippers playing at a high level over the last few seasons? You rarely see his teams outperform expectations.

He wasn't horrible in Orlando. I think he won coach of the year.

Doc the GM is bad tho. Only a select few can be over personnel descisons and coach the team. It rarely works.

He won COTY in his 1st season coaching an Orlando team that won 41 games and didn't eve make the playoffs at that :lol: . That doesn't necessarily mean he was a great coach, either. Several coaches win the award and get fired. George Karl, Scott Brooks, Byron Scott, Mike Brown, avery Johnson and the list goes on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom