2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
steph is hated because he's privileged more than just him being lightskin.
there's plenty of lightskin dudes that aren't called soft

Dudes playing dumb, like light skin dudes from privileged backgrounds.....don't face some sort of resentment and are as perceived as not being "real" and being "soft".

That's the central argument. Not saying it's the only factor....but it is a factor, and the last few responses all but proved the point :lol:.

Nobody is pretending to be "woke" or saying Steph curry is hated because he's light skin. That's way to simple. Some of us are just stating the reality dudes want to dismiss so badly.

Draymond Green a few weeks ago:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...lden-state-warriors/phzfpqkjnz6g1fhzzjwkdkbgm

Curry's teammate Draymond Green responded to this on his podcast "Dray Dray."

"He’s way more than what everyone expected him to be or ever gave him a shot to be. I think most people looked at it like, ‘Ah man, this was a, in quotes, privileged kid growing up. Like, how did he become this? He ain’t supposed to become this. It’s supposed to be the guy from the hood that had nothing and had to grind for everything.’

But when you look at Steph’s life. They had money, but Steph wasn’t treated like they had money. He couldn’t watch TV (all the time). He had chores. They didn’t raise them like they were just these privileged kids, which shows why they’ve got two sons in the NBA and a daughter who’s doing great in college. They weren’t raised like that.

People just automatically think that, ‘Man, this guy ain’t from the hood, he ain’t cut like that, he ain’t cut from a different cloth. He’s supposed to be soft and this, that.’ And of course, Steph is light-skinned, so they want to make him out to be soft. So everybody just wanted to make him out to be this soft, jump-shooting guy and he continued to get better and better and better."

No one is playing dumb you're just doing your best to defend steph like you always do, that's why you brought this whole thing up a few pages back. And do you really care what draymond green thinks?

Last edited:
Bruh Kobe has damn near the same background as steph. What are yall even saying right now? What's the story with Lonzo? Media quick to crown him cuz he's light? This is a reach and yall really need to let it go. As if steph doesn't do anything on the court that might make people look at him sideways

Idk why the idea that a privileged, light skin dude that seems like a goodie two shoes cant be resented by his peers and fans alike :lol:.

Again, it's not the sole reason. But it's a reason. You can choose to completely dismiss it and refuse to acknowledge it if you want. But it's a thing. Dudes aren't coming up with this train of thought just out the blue.

Dudes playing dumb, like light skin dudes from privileged backgrounds.....don't face some sort of resentment and are as perceived as not being "real" and being "soft".

That's the central argument. Not saying it's the only factor....but it is a factor, and the last few responses all but proved the point :lol:.

Nobody is pretending to be "woke" or saying Steph curry is hated because he's light skin. That's way to simple. Some of us are just stating the reality dudes want to dismiss so badly.

Draymond Green a few weeks ago:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...lden-state-warriors/phzfpqkjnz6g1fhzzjwkdkbgm

Curry's teammate Draymond Green responded to this on his podcast "Dray Dray."

"He’s way more than what everyone expected him to be or ever gave him a shot to be. I think most people looked at it like, ‘Ah man, this was a, in quotes, privileged kid growing up. Like, how did he become this? He ain’t supposed to become this. It’s supposed to be the guy from the hood that had nothing and had to grind for everything.’

But when you look at Steph’s life. They had money, but Steph wasn’t treated like they had money. He couldn’t watch TV (all the time). He had chores. They didn’t raise them like they were just these privileged kids, which shows why they’ve got two sons in the NBA and a daughter who’s doing great in college. They weren’t raised like that.

People just automatically think that, ‘Man, this guy ain’t from the hood, he ain’t cut like that, he ain’t cut from a different cloth. He’s supposed to be soft and this, that.’ And of course, Steph is light-skinned, so they want to make him out to be soft. So everybody just wanted to make him out to be this soft, jump-shooting guy and he continued to get better and better and better."

Dray said it so it must be true with everybody :lol:

Bruh Kobe has damn near the same background as steph. What are yall even saying right now? What's the story with Lonzo? Media quick to crown him cuz he's light? This is a reach and yall really need to let it go. As if steph doesn't do anything on the court that might make people look at him sideways

Kobe did get a little for having that background and Steph probably does too but it's nowhere near as serious as Wavy keeps making it out to be. :lol:

Idk why the idea that a privileged, light skin dude that seems like a goodie two shoes cant be resented by his peers and fans alike :lol:.

Again, it's not the sole reason. But it's a reason. You can choose to completely dismiss it and refuse to acknowledge it if you want. But it's a thing. Dudes aren't coming up with this train of thought just out the blue.

You are coming up with it out the blue, or from one baseless article by a respected black scholar as if that gives it some type of validity. I need yall to outline your main points in a bullet list because I don't even understand the argument. Seriously wtf are yall even saying tho? Dark skinned players don't get the kinda media love steph does? Steph got crowned without earning it? Steph isn't cocky and arrogant af and that's not a huge reason why people might have disdain for him? None of that makes any sense

You are coming up with it out the blue, or from one baseless article by a respected black scholar as if that gives it some type of validity. I need yall to outline your main points in a bullet list because I don't even understand the argument. Seriously wtf are yall even saying tho? Dark skinned players don't get the kinda media love steph does? Steph got crowned without earning it? Steph isn't cocky and arrogant af and that's not a huge reason why people might have disdain for him? None of that makes any sense

I thought about this **** even before Michael Eric Dyson wrote that damn article :lol:.

You act like I'm the ONLY one saying this ****. This is real life stuff man. Keep playing like because YOU don't think that way that others don't. I don't know how many times I have to say it isn't the SOLE reason for some of the resentment or labels thrown Steph way...but being light skinned and privileged is of the reasons why Steph is resented by some.

It's a simple concept. Very ***** simple

You didn't address anything I said in my last post. So because he had a good upbringing that's why people resent him? You don't have to lump that in with being light skin, that's a reach.

People love to point out that the media loves Steph for being safe due to upbringing, skin color and religious affiliation but then wanna turn around and say ****** cant possibly hate him for the same reasons, nah it's just cuz he shoots 3s
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom