2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it though, if Harden really wanted to stay there, that 4 million dollar difference is pretty measly.  He forced a trade out of OKC.

His earning power as a 6th man isn't the same as it is now in Houston.

He wouldve stayed on less than a max if they gave him the trade kicker. Presti declined

Last edited:
Why would you sign an offer that's a low ball one when you're 23 years old and believe you're a max player. Everybody involved in the situation has gone on record and said he would have stayed had they just offered him the max deal like they did Serge. OKC panicked, were cheap, and undervalued what Harden brought to the table. Only reason he got not minutes in the first place was cause Maynor went down. That's one of Brooks main criticisms.
I've already explained it, his earning power as a 6th man isn't the same as being a superstar(or borderline superstar) in Houston.  I honestly don't believe what they fabricate into the media for you to believe.  

Kevin Martin isn't a bad player and wasn't a big drop off from what OKC needed off the bench with Harden(scoring, his playmaking ability is a plus).  

I still don't understand why a player wouldn't/ shouldn't take the "easy way"out when all they will be judged on is rings.
exactly
Absolutely.

It's funny when previous stars WHO WERE ON WELL-RUN ORGANIZATIONS chime in with "Oh, I'd never do that. I'd never team up."

Yeah, you didn't have to. You know who we HAVEN'T heard say they'd never team up if they had a chance? Ringless talents like Nique or Zo. It's always dudes like Kobe or Bird or MJ, dudes who were part of exceptionally run organizations.

KD was not playing for an exceptionally run organization. We can say they were 2 minutes away from defeating the Warriors this one year, and they went to the Finals this one year, but what we can't say is the following: The Oklahoma City Thunder he played for were an example of how to run a championship NBA franchise.
6b81ee954c07d0d42fb20d2bc42dd220_dan-savage-i-fing-hate-melania-trump-no-lies-detected-meme_440-248.gif

Those were Harden's words not mine
Narratives:Don't feed into them.
"I wanted to stay but asked for a few mil more and they traded me" straight from the horse's mouth is more plausible than, "Harden didnt want to stay so asked for more money to trick them into trading him so he could be the man and make more money elsewhere" from some guy on a message board.

Narratives:Don't feed into them.

So you say we can't know for sure but you know for a fact he wouldn't have stayed even though he, KD, and Russ have said he would have and wanted to.

So you say we can't know for sure but you know for a fact he wouldn't have stayed even though he, KD, and Russ have said he would have and wanted to.
Again, if he wanted to stay there, you really can't tell me 4 million is that much of a difference.  None of us really know except the people directly involved.

I'm not believing that narrative portrayed in the media.

The reason why they had harden come off the bench is to get scoring with the second unit. He was going to start eventually everyone knew he should've been a starter at that time, Scott just loves playing bums like sef and Perkins. He disappeared in the finals but I think people are forgetting what a huge role he played in the WCF. He hit a 3 with like 50 seconds left in the game over kiwi on the road to put them up if I remember correctly.

When you look back at it okc blew so many chances. First the 2-1 lead on the mavericks when they were up like 15 in the 4th they blew and blew the series. Then the finals which had a horrible 2-3-2 format at the time. Then every year there was an injury to either kd Westbrook or ibaka in the playoffs. Then the one that was probably the worst.... 3-1 against the warriors

All I know is I want the Sixers to get Patty Mills to be our backup point guard this summer and I'd be down to pay that man whatever the hell he wants to come off the bench

All I know is I want the Sixers to get Patty Mills to be our backup point guard this summer and I'd be down to pay that man whatever the hell he wants to come off the bench
lonzo/mills backcourt is nice, but mills is going to be paid like a starter. interesting if a team gives him a starting role
The reason why they had harden come off the bench is to get scoring with the second unit. He was going to start eventually everyone knew he should've been a starter at that time, Scott just loves playing bums like sef and Perkins. He disappeared in the finals but I think people are forgetting what a huge role he played in the WCF. He hit a 3 with like 50 seconds left in the game over kiwi on the road to put them up if I remember correctly.

When you look back at it okc blew so many chances. First the 2-1 lead on the mavericks when they were up like 15 in the 4th they blew and blew the series. Then the finals which had a horrible 2-3-2 format at the time. Then every year there was an injury to either kd Westbrook or ibaka in the playoffs. Then the one that was probably the worst.... 3-1 against the warriors

that's what clay bennett gets for stealing the sonics

Last edited:
It's called team balance, what use is Thabo off the bench? Ibaka became the 3rd offensive option in the starting lineup and Reggie Jackson was the 6th man.

Kevin Martin isn't a bad player and wasn't a big drop off from what OKC needed off the bench with Harden(scoring, his playmaking ability is a plus).

WUT

There was a pretty big dropoff. Martin has never been a playmaker. He's always been one-dimensional.

I thought one of the few things we all agreed on was how stupid the Harden trade was. Nt letting me down this mother's day 2017

i really think the spurs take this game convincingly. the long lay off is gonna hurt the warriors.

the spurs have played the warriors extremely well this year and well... its mike brown if anybody can **** this thing up its him.

i really think the spurs take this game convincingly. the long lay off is gonna hurt the warriors.

the spurs have played the warriors extremely well this year and well... its mike brown if anybody can **** this thing up its him.
WHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom