2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
14l7hhg.gif

Agreed. The only people I don't want to hear from on this are Popp and tenured Spurs fans. Both of those were a-ok with Bowen's shenanigans, so shut it. 
laugh.gif

Current Spurs fans? I get it.

Current Spurs? I get it.

Hell, even outsiders chiming in on their frustration, I get it.

But Popp and tenured Spurs fans? Nah, you need to let others do the talking. 
I'm sorry I might have missed it, but I am a Spurs fan, but I damn sure don't want to hear Pop's mouth unless he is going to talk about Bowen, and especially the blatant cheap shot that Horry levied against Steve Nash.
Exactly. That's all I want to hear from tenured Spurs fans.

I'm a Lakers fan, but I'm mad at that play, as a fan of basketball. But if Popp or a tenured Spurs fans tries to sell me "I'm mad as a basketball fan, too!", then it better also be followed up with "And what Bowen did was dirty, too, and Horry's hipcheck on Nash!"

There have been tons of people in this thread that said that our fanbase is made of bandwagon fans.  Even as recent as a few pages ago.  Never claimed our fanbase hasnt grown since we became a great team. All fanbases do.  But the idea that we are mostly bandwagon fans is an idiotic claim.  Try looking for our 900 page season threads when we were winning 30 games.

I would feel the same way if your Clippers became royalty of the NBA.  True fans would deserve that.  And I would say the same thing to those idiots who tried to downplay your team's fanbase.

I agree with everything you've said. Just saying that I've never said gsw fanbase was ALL bandwagon fans.

Truthfully, when put in context of the conversation, I was just saying that it was crazy to say that the fanbase is the same now that it was when antawn jamison was the best player there.

@dland24 been there since forever. Same with @Paul Is On Tilt. Not even sure that's his screen name anymore.Those two and @GSDOUBLEU have been fans since I remember. The bandwagon is deep with GSW, but I don't know what that has to do with the OG diehards.
Thanks bro.  Truthfully, there are a lot of folks that have been on NT even longer than I that dont really post much these days like @daprescription, @acidicality, etc.

Every good team has a bandwagon.  What I think a lot of people dont understand is there is a difference between bandwagon fans, and casual fans who are more interested when their local team is good.  The latter describes me with the Sharks.  I am not a huge hockey fan.  I do not watch regularly.  But you can bet your *** I would be far more interested in watching games when they are a really good team than when they suck.

Not everyone is a die hard fan.  Dont like the bandwagoners who are fans of one team one season and another the next.  But casual fans who's interest is sparked during the playoffs or when a team is good is not something I will ever complain about.  Not everyone eats, sleeps and ***** sports like we all do.

Last edited:
I'll give the city of Boston this...they make for a great big playoff game atmosphere. Always show up and loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom