2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
pimp.gif
...folk hate the warriors for being so dominant and dirty WATTBA
You don't think the play was dirty?

I find it very interesting that pretty much EVERYONE who's played, coached, trained, or is consistently around high level ball all find the play not dirty. There's probably a reason for that. And it probably has something to do with them understanding closeouts/the difficultly in a big making that play. But hey, Zaza doing that intentionally is certainly a better story. Also, Kawhi going out certainly was the spark for the run. The Warriors we're going to make a run regardless but I don't think the Spurs scramble for offense the same way if he's in.

Popovich included?

The Warriors fan base was awlays widely known as supportive even when they weren't good for like a 25 year period.

I recall broadcasts on tv where they used to measure the decibel level during the baron davis era.

Sure they have some bandwagon fans. But if I recall correctly, they've had one of the more supportive fan bases even when they weren't good.

The fan base back then is probably less than 50% of what the fan base is now.

You can see it in the amount of jerseys you see in the bay area now vs. Then.

Since when are there gsw true fans in Boston, New York and Chicago? Now, when gsw visits, you even see scattered gsw fans in those stadiums as well

200 plus wins and less then 40 losses in 3 years. With one playoffs yet to be determined. . 1 finals win, 2 consecutive trip to the finals..
Thats dominate. People wish they favorite teams can have that type of 3 year run.

I'm no warriors fan but have no hate in my heart for them. Better them then any LeBron led team being dominate does it for me.

Last edited:
Winning one championship is considered dominant?
Y'all might as well be the mavericks.

There's a very high chance that they will win 2 championships in 3 years.....and came within 50 seconds of repeating last year.

Not to mention the regular season wins etc.

IF they win this year....there is no doubt that this team is "dominant" and deserves to be talked about in that breadth.

Spurs were "dominant" and won damn near every other year.

The fan base back then is probably less than 50% of what the fan base is now.

You can see it in the amount of jerseys you see in the bay area now vs. Then.

Since when are there gsw true fans in Boston, New York and Chicago? Now, when gsw visits, you even see scattered gsw fans in those stadiums as well
Can't speak on the rest of the country but, in the Bay Area, everyone became a Warriors fan in the "We Believe" era or even the Jamison era for that matter.

Warriors have one championship in the last 40 years and their fans think they the Patriots or something :lol:

They have the cheating part down, but they got 3-4 more championships to win before anyone gives a damn

[quote name="rawdawg34"][quote name="JsindaA"]I find it very interesting that pretty much EVERYONE who's played, coached, trained, or is consistently around high level ball all find the play not dirty. There's probably a reason for that. And it probably has something to do with them understanding closeouts/the difficultly in a big making that play. But hey, Zaza doing that intentionally is certainly a better story. Also, Kawhi going out certainly was the spark for the run. The Warriors we're going to make a run regardless but I don't think the Spurs scramble for offense the same way if he's in.[/quote]Popovich included?[/quote]Heard Jalen Rose call it dirty earlier today in addition to admitting that he used to do it to Kobe and others "to try and give my team an advantage."

Direct quote on that last part. On his radio show. Was effing hilarious.

There's a very high chance that they will win 2 championships in 3 years.....and came within 50 seconds of repeating last year.

Not to mention the regular season wins etc.

IF they win this year....there is no doubt that this team is "dominant" and deserves to be talked about in that breadth.

Spurs were "dominant" and won damn near every other year.
The bolded is irrelevant,  if they don't win the championship no one cares. when discussing dominant teams "how close they cam to winning" never matters. But like you said IF then we will see

[quote name="rawdawg34"][quote name="JsindaA"]I find it very interesting that pretty much EVERYONE who's played, coached, trained, or is consistently around high level ball all find the play not dirty. There's probably a reason for that. And it probably has something to do with them understanding closeouts/the difficultly in a big making that play. But hey, Zaza doing that intentionally is certainly a better story. Also, Kawhi going out certainly was the spark for the run. The Warriors we're going to make a run regardless but I don't think the Spurs scramble for offense the same way if he's in.
Popovich included?[/quote]Heard Jalen Rose call it dirty earlier today in addition to admitting that he used to do it to Kobe and others "to try and give my team an advantage."

Direct quote on that last part. On his radio show. Was effing hilarious.[/quote]

Impossible. And even if Zaza did it on purpose, it doesn't matter bcause Kawhi's presence doesn't make a difference. The Warriors were gonna win no matter what, they were just rusty.

Can't speak on the rest of the country but, in the Bay Area, everyone became a Warriors fan in the "We Believe" era or even the Jamison era for that matter.

Come on man. Are you and other warriors fans really trying to tell folks here that there are just as many warriors fans in the bay area now as there were when antawn jamison was there best player?

What I'm saying about gsw and their fan base now is what I would say about any franchise that was bad for a long time and won a title all of a sudden.

The bay area has always had great fans. It's a great sports town/area. But the cult following of the "we believe" warriors vs. Gsw fans of the best team in the last 3 years and winners of 1 title? With curry and Durant on the roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom